Author Thread
mcubed

View Profile
Back and forth
Posted : 7 Dec, 2013 05:35 PM

Well, if you found out over e-mail you had different beliefs than that�s a good thing. We are not to be unequally yoked, and the short just being saved. But the long-hall for a relationship is extended to being like-minded in the walk with Y-shua. For example, I am Messianic; I celebrate Pasach (Passover)�.. We are commanded to celebrate it forever�. I have been with a man that kept trying to tell me the law was dead I�m not sure what law he was not talking about because to me the Torah is not dead� get the point�. Now yes I could be with a Non-Jew but never one that told me I had to stop being Jewish!!!!!! Well it�s the same point. People not like minded don�t work. Yes opposites attract, opposites work in personality but NOT MID SET. THANK G-D YOU FOUND OUT SOOOOO SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcubed

View Profile
Aliyah!?!
Posted : 29 Nov, 2013 07:42 PM

Are people really afraid of end-times?

Real question!!!!

If a nuclear bomb went off here I would grab my son and stand outside so we can go home!!!!! I can�t wait for Aliyah!!! Now, if I had to live through the aftermath of a nuclear bomb with my son that would STINCK!!!!!

But really who doesn�t want Y-shua to come? You all like talking about it� if you don�t want the end of this age to be here �. WHY? Or do you want it to be here? I use to not want it because of all the unsaved�. But who so ever will, will be saved!!!! I think it is close but to be honest I�m not running outside but I am looking to the East!!!!

mcubed

View Profile
Obama's ridiculous deal with Satanic Iran will give Iran 7 Billion dollars and will allow Iran to get the Atomic bomb in several months. Iran never keeps its promises and calls the USA the Great Satan and has vowed to completely destroy Israel. Israel will now be forced to attack Iran and start World War 3 in the next few months.
Posted : 29 Nov, 2013 03:44 PM

Again if this is it YES!!!!! We will fight and let the war of G-d and Magog began!!!! and Y-shua will come!!!!! RIDDING ON A CLOUD/ SPLITTING MT OLIVES; CAN'T YOU HEAR THE TRUMPIT SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!How HAPPY,HAPPY ARE THE END TIMES!!!!! UNLESS YOU ARE NOT SAVED!!!! Then we that know Him MUST BE BUSY ABOUT OUR BUSINESS!!!!!!

mcubed

View Profile
What is...
Posted : 27 Nov, 2013 10:07 PM

Lol�..:ROFL: I though hopeless romantic was bring flowers because he was thinking about me, take me out to eat (not $1 menu at fast food) or even better yet have dinner ready when I got home, instead of me having to cook �. It�s the great divide between men and women� it is what it is�.

:ROFL::ROFL:

mcubed

View Profile
Obama's ridiculous deal with Satanic Iran will give Iran 7 Billion dollars and will allow Iran to get the Atomic bomb in several months. Iran never keeps its promises and calls the USA the Great Satan and has vowed to completely destroy Israel. Israel will now be forced to attack Iran and start World War 3 in the next few months.
Posted : 27 Nov, 2013 09:07 PM

If Iran and Israel go to war in the next few mo. and start WWIII. We should be sooo lucky�. And people should start looking to the East to see Him riding on a cloud and setting down on His Mountain... Splitting it in half� do you think we would be so lucky? This is NOT sacrum�

mcubed

View Profile
Happy Chanukah and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!
Posted : 27 Nov, 2013 07:57 PM

Chanukah really happened Y-shua Himself went to Jerusalem to celebrate it. ( John 10 v 22-23 ).

In 168 B.C.E. the Jewish Temple was seized by Syrian-Greek soldiers and dedicated to the worship of the god Zeus. This upset the Jewish people, but many were afraid to fight back for fear of reprisals. Then in 167 B.C.E. the Syrian-Greek emperor Antiochus made the observance of Judaism an offense punishable by death. He also ordered all Jews to worship Greek gods.

Jewish resistance began in the village of Modiin, near Jerusalem. Greek soldiers forcibly gathered the Jewish villages and told them to bow down to an idol, and then eat the flesh of a pig � both practices that are forbidden to Jews. A Greek officer ordered Mattathias, a High Priest, to acquiesce to their demands, but Mattathias refused. When another villager stepped forward and offered to cooperate on Mattathias' behalf, the High Priest became outraged. He drew his sword and killed the villager, then turned on the Greek officer and killed him too. His five sons and the other villagers then attacked the remaining soldiers, killing all of them.

Mattathias and his family went into hiding in the mountains, where other Jews wishing to fight against the Greeks joined them. Eventually they succeeded in retaking their land from the Greeks. These rebels became known as the Maccabees, or Hasmoneans.

Once the Maccabees had regained control they returned to the Temple in Jerusalem. By this time it had been spiritually defiled by being used for the worship of foreign gods and also by practices such as sacrificing swine. Jewish troops were determined to purify the Temple by burning ritual oil in the Temple�s menorah for eight days. But to their dismay, they discovered that there was only one day's worth of oil left in the Temple. They lit the menorah anyway and to their surprise the small amount of oil lasted the full eight days.

This is the miracle of the Hanukkah oil that is celebrated every year when Jews light a special menorah known as a Chanukah for eight days.

The dispensation of the Gospel may be compared to the cities of refuge in Israel. It was a privilege and honor to the nation in general that they had such sanctuaries of Divine appointment, but the real value of them was known and felt by only a few. Those alone who found themselves in that case for which they were provided could rightly prize them. Thus it is with the Gospel of Christ: it is the highest privilege and honor of which a professing nation can boast, but it can be truly understood and esteemed by none except weary and heavy laden souls, who have felt their misery by nature, are tired of the drudgery of sin, and have seen the broken Law pursuing them like the avenger of blood of old. This is the only consideration which keeps them from sinking into abject despair, in that God has graciously provided a remedy by the Gospel and that Christ bids them "Come unto Me, and I will give you rest."

Happy Chanukah and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

mcubed

View Profile
For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God
Posted : 27 Nov, 2013 06:45 PM

Hebrews is the GREATEST NT BOOK� No matter how hard I tried I just didn�t get the NT until I read Hebrews and then I understood how He fits Torah. To me personaly the NT and Y-shua would seem like made up �Christian� stories if it wasn�t for Hebrews�. G-d in His wisdom kept the author from being unknown�.

From a Jews perspective�. Not Messianic but explains why this is an important passage especially in the time it was written:

Question:

In this week's Torah portion, after Abraham's victorious return from battle, we read:"Melchizedek the king of Salem brought out bread and wine, and he was a priest to the Most High God. And [Melchizedek] blessed him, and he said, "Blessed be Abram to the Most High God�Who possesses heaven and earth�and blessed be the Most High God, Who has delivered your adversaries into your hand." And [Abram] gave him a tithe from all."1

Who was this Melchizedek? What sort of priest was he, and why did Abraham give him a tithe?

Response:

Taken alone, this tiny anecdote does indeed seem strange. The Torah tells us nothing else about this man and his relationship to Abraham.

The ancient Targumim (Aramaic interpretive translations) identify Melchizedek as Shem�son of Noah. Shem was one of the links in the chain who transmitted the G‑dly traditions that originated with Adam. These traditions were carefully handed down from generation to generation, and Shem�who headed an academy�was a key conductor of these teachings. The Midrash tells us that he was so perfect and so spiritually advanced that he was born circumcised.2

So why did the priesthood pass from him to Abraham's children? The Talmud explains that this happened as a result of his having blessed Abraham before blessing G‑d in the verses above. This is reflected in the only other place in Scripture where Melchizedek is mentioned: in Psalms 110:4, where we read, ". . . you are a priest forever because of the speech of Melchizedek." Because of Melchizedek's ill-chosen speech, the priesthood was taken from him and given to the seed of Abraham forever.3

FOOTNOTES

Genesis 14:18-20.

Bereishit Rabbah 43:6.

Talmud, Nedarim 32b.

At first glance it seems problematic to say that the priesthood was taken from the progeny of Shem and given to the seed of Abraham, as Abraham himself was a grandson of Shem.

Tosafot offers two possible explanations: a. The priesthood was taken from the entire clan of Shem and became the exclusive privilege of Abraham�s seed. b. Natural progression would have conferred Shem�s status on his firstborn descendants�not Abraham. Thus, it was only because of this encounter that the priesthood was given to Abraham specifically.

RaN explains that the intent of the Talmud here is that the priesthood of Abraham�s seed was now only by merit of the righteous Abraham and not due to their relation to Shem�which is why they are the only descendants of Shem deemed worthy of honor.

mcubed

View Profile
The eye signal ;)
Posted : 23 Nov, 2013 06:33 PM

There is something not right with your question�. Sorry, but true�. You are 29 years old you don�t know how to be friendly with an unsaved woman� I don�t think so� there is something more to it but all I can do is guess�.

Maybe she must be hot and you don�t trust yourself� if that is the case that is valid�. If you are tempted to sin, well you are right to run from it� G-d will send someone else in your place�. Or it could be the extreme opposite and she is ugly and you want nothing to do with her�. Or maybe you just know something more about her and she just becomes a leech when she gets attention�.. (Whatever doesn�t really matter)�.

No matter what the bigger picture is G-d will figure it out for you. And fix it but either way through you or someone else her salvation is the most important thing and I would pray specifically for her salvation and ask G-d to give you favor to lead her to Him and/or to put others in her life that will lead her to Him. It seems as though He wants to use you somehow, He has her on your mind!!!!

mcubed

View Profile
Tower of Babel
Posted : 22 Nov, 2013 05:19 PM

History moves in spurts. There are events that take a few years, and much scholarship is devoted to it. The American Civil War, for instance, has hundreds if not thousands of volumes written on it, whereas very little is known and written about the Dark Ages in Europe, a period lasting some five centuries. We do not have even the sources or the resources to know about it.

The Torah also moves in that fashion. The ten generations from Noah to Abraham lasted about 450 years. The previous ten generations, from Adam until Noah, took about 1,500 years. That is a lot of history to squeeze into a few chapters. However, the Torah�s point is not to serve as a history book, but rather as a teaching book � a book that teaches us how to live. The events it discusses in the almost 2,000 year period from Adam to Abraham represent major lessons about life, human nature, the human condition and God�s role in it all. The history from it is an added bonus, so to speak.

The End of Chaos

The Jewish sages describe the 2,000 years from Adam until Abraham as �chaos� � tohu va-vohu (based on Genesis 1:2). The next 2,000 years, from Abraham until the end of the editing of the Mishnah by Rabbi Judah the Prince, are called the �Years of Torah.� The next 2,000 years, which we are now a part of, are called the years of the �Messianic Era,� in which the process of redemption and perfecting the world somehow is advancing.

Consequently, when we talk about Abraham we are talking about the end of the period of the �Years of Chaos.� Even though this era contained many good people, nevertheless civilization generally had no form, no basis of morality; it did not coalesce. When it did, it did so in a negative fashion rather than positively.

The Birth of Tyranny

Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth. Although they were not pagans, paganism began to dominate the world after the Flood.

Paganism was more than just an ideology. It was the method of tyranny. It was the way by which people controlled other people.

Throughout history, totalitarian governments made the leader of the government a god. In the ancient world, they made him a literal god. Jewish tradition, for instance, relates that Pharaoh claimed he never had to go to the bathroom. That is why Moses always went to see him in the Nile in the morning, because that was when he relieved himself.

There is a book called The Denial of Death by Ernst Becker, a famous Jewish psychiatrist. He explains that the elimination of human waste is God�s constant reminder to us that we are not gods, that we are not immortal.

Paganism was a vehicle for tyranny because by transforming a human being into a god it justified tyranny.

In modern times, too, tyrannies work this way. For instance, Stalin and Lenin were made into gods, in essence. Everywhere you went there were statues and pictures of �Our beloved father.� Hitler, too, of course was god-like in the way the Germans worshiped him. Today, in North Korea, millions of people view Kim Jong II as a god. It runs throughout human history.

The way the Jewish people neutralized this phenomenon was through the institution of the prophets. Jewish kings always had a prophet who stood at their side (and over their shoulder), whispering in their ears, �You know, you may not be right?� The prophet reminded the king that he was responsible to God.

Technology

Today, the word technology brings to mind the latest electronic gadget or advanced weapon system. However, in its essence technology is something more and reflects the long-standing, deep-seated human need to manipulate his environment. There is a curiosity, a drive within us, to improve, invent and create. The human imagination knows no limits.

Who invented technology? Who was the first human being to understand he could manipulate the environment? Jewish tradition offers a marvelous insight. Commenting on the verse that says God made clothes for Adam and Eve, the Midrash says He �clothed� them with the first ideas of technology, i.e. how to create and tame the world. That was the �clothing� that He gave them.

Tradition, for instance, teaches that Adam was the first to make fire. If you can make fire, you can make tools. If you can make tools, you can make other things. The sages say (Avos 5:6) that one of the things that was created before the Sabbath was the first tool.

God equipped human beings with the imagination and creativity to tame the world and make life more physically comfortable.

When Einstein was 12 years old, he imagined what it would be like to ride a beam of light. �If I could ride a beam of light to the end, what would it be like?� he asked himself. And that piece of imagination, he said, sparked in his mind the connection between light and gravity, the Theory of Relativity, etc. That�s imagination a work!

There was a young man in yeshiva who would always say, �Rabbi, if you explain the first line to me, I�ll be able to do the rest myself. I just can�t get past the first line!�

That is how God arranged technology for the human being. He taught us the first line. He gave us the first push and then let human ingenuity take over.

Human beings learn from trial and error, but also from the divine inspiration that lies within us, which is alluded to in the �clothing� God gave to Adam. He gave him the ability to imagine.

That spark is what drove the pursuit of ever-greater technology in the 450 year period after the Flood. Humanity experienced technological breakthroughs unheard of before. They learned how to make bricks and used them to invent ways to build taller buildings. It was a new industry and created new technological opportunities. The Tower of Babel became symbolic of this drive for bigger and better technology � to the point that the people of the time believed that they were challenging God (Genesis 11:4).

Nimrod, the First Tyrant

Together with the explosion of technological advancement in the early generations was the introduction of an idea no less influential upon future civilization: the idea of imperialism � the idea that certain groups have the innate right to conquer and dominate other groups. That idea was first brought to civilization by the great king, Nimrod.

The name Nimrod contains within it the Hebrew word mered, which means �rebellion.� He rebelled against all moral constraints. He not only said that he himself was a god, but that he was the only god.

This Tower of Babel that was built in his time was meant to symbolize his dominance over all civilization. To use a bad pun, the Tower of Babel is a watershed of human history, because with it human history took a different turn. It became a world of individuals seeking empires, a world of people wanting to dominate others. There�s an old, bad joke about the German who ate at a Chinese restaurant and left hungry for power.

That was Nimrod. The Torah describes him as a great hunter. �A great hunter� doesn�t only mean that he hunted animals. He hunted people. He hunted others that he felt were weaker than he. Nimrod was a fearsome warrior, and in his tyranny he brooked no opposition.

Therefore, he was the one that took Abraham and threw him in a furnace, because Abraham was the antithesis of everything that Nimrod stood for. Abraham said that no human being was a god. Abraham said that you had to be caring and hospitable to all people � not domineering. Abraham rejected everything Nimrod represented. Nimrod had no choice but to kill him.

That has always been the method of tyrants: deal with opposition through police truncheons and concentration camps. The miracle of Abraham�s survival is the miracle of the human spirit, of ideas that cannot be crushed.

There is a well-known story about a man named Merle Miller, who wrote a biography of Harry Truman emphasizing how he was basically a moral person (though you don�t get to be President of the United States by reciting 150 psalms a day). A senator from Ohio, Senator Taft, approached him at the beginning of the Cold War, right after the conclusion of the Second World War, when Russia began to expand into Eastern Europe. At that time, the United States was the sole possessor of the atomic bomb. Taft half-jokingly said to Truman, �Mr. President, why don�t you drop a bomb on Moscow now and prevent this long struggle that we�re going to have to be engaged in?�

Truman answered, �If I would not have to meet my Maker, I would accept your advice.�

There is a moral restraint that holds good people back. That is what Abraham represents. Can you imagine if Hitler would have had the atomic bomb? It�s unthinkable. Part of fear over places like Iran and North Korea having nuclear weapons is that there is no moral restraint there. People are not really afraid that India has a bomb.

Nimrod had no moral restraints. At the same time, he wielded the atomic bomb of his day: the new technology. Nimrod possessed the garments of Adam, of the original man, which represent the human spark of imagination and ingenuity that leads to great advances in technology.

The world Abraham was born into, much like our world, was corrupt and on the verge of self-implosion. The 450 year period from Noah to Abraham set the stage for the turning point of civilization, embodied in the person of Abraham, for without him the world would have continued down the path of the unrestrained paganism, technology and imperialism. The moral restraint, which is necessary for humanity to exist, will be legacy provided by Abraham.

mcubed

View Profile
Please help me comprehend the following:
Posted : 22 Nov, 2013 05:05 PM

I think it is easy to understand more that we want to obey. Father Abraham comes from a nation of idol worshipers. G-d wanted Father Abraham to prove his faith and have Him alone as G-d. Today we go through that. Alcoholics/addicts hang out with people of their own kind, people just get saved but who they know/family/friends all associate with familiar spirits (go to psychics, believe �ALL PATHS� lead to god� and so on. As for me I am Jew� I was told if I was going to believe Y-shua was Messiah I was no longer part of my Mother�s family and no longer a Jew� not just by my family but my people and I was ex-communicated from my race�. He calls ALL OF US OUT TO FALLOW HIM!!!!! It should not be a shock He did it with Father Abraham!

Please don�t get confuse G-d�s financial blessing with obedience. I think may make that mistake�. Finances are only a part of G-d�s blessings�. Mane of my family are very rich� they are pore because she will at this point die and go to hell because she does not know Y-shua�. In America I am considered pore� in a 3rd world country, I am considered very rich�. I have a house, ends meet, I have to go on a diet�. Some places need food so bad they cannot fathom a diet!!!!!!

No matter what my Daddy (Y-shua) has made me rich in every way�. And the biggest way when I die I WILL BE WITH HIM!!!!!

Does He make some financially rich yes, He does! Are some great Christians very poor? YES THE ARE!!!! There are great Christians in 3rd world countries�. HA, EVEN HERE IN AMERICA!!!! DIRT POOR!!!! IT IS WHAT IT IS! IS G-OD FATHFUL AND TRUE? YES HE IS!!!!! IF YOU KNOW HIM YOU HAVE A MANTION AND GET TO WALK STREEST OF GOLD IF YOU DON�T WELL YOU BURN IN A FIRE!!!! I CALL THE FORRMER VERY, VERY RICH!!!!!!!!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10