Author Thread
Philipian

View Profile
PATIENCE ON SINGLENESS
Posted : 16 Dec, 2012 10:18 AM

@IamGodsPrincess, for this beautiful rendition, i must say thanks to you. Keep the flame.

@QuietlyYell, how then shall we say it, for if God be for you, then you need not fear anymore the pain of loneliness for weeping sometimes do go on for the night, but its a sure thing, joy songs do come through in the morning. For me, I can understand what a man feel when having got all things to life, yet at the days end, there is still a hollow within making all you have accomplished and gotten like it was never there in the first place. I can relate to that. But be assured, it wont last long.

One way to combat feelings of loneliness is to quote scripture and fill your mind with truth that can set you free. Another way is I read the word silently and most times aloud alone to myself. Some other times, I spring to my feet and in a spirited attempt in those moment, I began to speak to myself in THE HOLY GHOST! Jude 1:20 -Building up yourself upon your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost

Finally, Psalm 42:5 (New International Version (NIV)) - "Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God,for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."

Philipian

View Profile
falling in love or being in love
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 10:26 AM

@osol_letse, sure it will always be left at the precipice of choice for a man or woman to walk in love and be in love. Remember in 1 John 3:18, we are told "Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." As believers we should expect we shall always get encouragement and endorsement to make a good choice!

Philipian

View Profile
Small Up Top
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 09:50 AM

The question was "Are there men out there who don't care about cup sizes" There are men out there who dont care about cup sizes. Maybe their gaze seem fixated on some other things elsewhere. Just as that is, there will also be men out there who are devotees and zealots if i may not call them crusaders for cup sizes!

Just like there are things in men too that some women are particular about and same thing in men that some other women are not particular about! I think it swings both ways. Finally, when this kind of question pop up, maybe such a person asking this had been at the mercy of some.....

Philipian

View Profile
�The SIGN seeking approach.� IT IS OK to ask God for a sign?
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 08:11 AM

Following the recommendation from @IamGodsPrinces and Letthismind2, I see many instances in the Holy Scriptures where men had asked for sign to know where God leads.... But who are these men? These in bible are men unregenerate. These are men unsaved. These are men who lived under the old. These are men who walked the earth before the coming of the Holy Spirit.

At the advent of the HOLY SPIRIT and JESUS, God expected the man with the new nature to walk by HIS SPIRIT. HIS WORD AND FAITH. These are the feelers by which we reach to God. We pray in faith asking. We believe in Hope of Receiving. We hang on the veracity of his word knowing it will not fail.

A man given to signs is a man given to guesswork. It is not infallible. Where signs might doggedly win you a desire, it is not guaranteed to live you peaceful! But God's word and faith and spirit leaves you in a peaceful mode!

Philipian

View Profile
�HOW SHOULD I DATE?� (It wasn�t asking how should take a woman to dinner or movie�)
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 08:00 AM

We have a Spirit that leads us to make profit and gain. It leads us away from hurt. It tells us what to llok for and expect and what not to expect. It teaches to make forecast for things God expects of us. It tells us to keep our desires aligned to the will and dictates of God completely. Sometimes our wishes/wants/desires/need may align with Gods plan for us and sometimes it does go the other way round! In all God must be our helper!

Philipian

View Profile
Every day is a learning experience.
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 07:44 AM

LOVE GIVES HEAT

Philipian

Can You Catch The Rain With Empty Hands.

Can You Save The Children From Their Lands

Can You Wash The Darkness From Their Skin

Heroes From The West. This Is Not A Test

Stereos From The Best. This Is Now A Rest

Will You Teach Us How To Love?

To See The Things You See. Walk The Road You Walked

Feel The Pain That You Feel. At Your Feet I Kneel,

I Want To See You Shine.See Your Light Not Mine.

'Cause Light Gives Heat.Your Light Gives Heat.

Oh, Can We Ever Be Short On People

And Can We Ever Be Short On Trouble

Its All Born In A Man Of Few Days.

And It's A Well Worn Out Path

So How On Earth Can You Feel Alone?

Why Carry On Our Own. What's Coming To All Men?

Why Drag Your Bag Of Bones. To Hell And Back Again?

Why Carry On Our Own. What's Coming To All Men?

Look Around...Stay Around. Lay It Down...Lay It Down.

Oh, We'll Never Be Short On Good News

And Somebody To Tell Our Story To

And We'll Never Be Short On Redemption

The Light That Replaces The Dark

Philipian

View Profile
Every day is a learning experience.
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 07:33 AM

@IamGodsPrincess, thanks for corroborating that fact. Its a synopsis that cant derail. Its a testament that endures for ever what Power is inherent in the name of the Lord Jesus. If that name was potent enough to heal terminal diseases, raised the dead of many days, provide water in deserts, held the sun back from orbit, uprooted kingdoms and fed the poor. How shall it not heal hurts created by unrequited affections?

It was a passing phase in my life too. Bowed in hurt, miffed in displeasure, and lowered in shame of it, I kept calling that name that hurt me, and healing kept eluding me. Until i began to stink and i was going rock bottom, then at the bend of the crevices of the hidden rocks beneath the sea, I saw i wont last a day, i was suffocating. breathing was going extinct. Then in desperation, I cried and yelled JESUS....and right there and then, I saw salvation. Then i remember it was foretold in Acts 1 and 2, that with heart man believes, with mouth confession is made onto salvation! And in reality, a light shone on my darkened face and i could see the truth. I could see the man i was made to be. Then I began journeying to be that person i was made to be.

I wrote a poem recently along this line, maybe i will share with you soon after this. i posted it on a social networking i belong and it got some acceptance.

Philipian

View Profile
What Is Having Fun
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 06:57 AM

Letthismind2, Maybe you put a good statement on an inaccurate perspective then perhaps!

"You see my ministry is not to isolate out anyone individual but to speak plain truth to all. Truth that hits right on the mark of a individuals concious that the love of God might be magnified in their heart and mind through repentance.". Thats a classic truth. Any man who is truly Born again and oppose that trend of knowledge does not know God. As such, we should ask, "had any so far cross the Rubicon of such infallible truth?' Well to my knowing, I dont think so. Its what everyone firmly believe. I personally believe in "Do not Judge". I had been judged in the past without even a chance or shot at explanation, until God eventually vindicated me, i know how it feels and I will not do to another. No one is judging.

Respectfully @ltm, And were these all part of human nature, the man born again is now given a higher nature. The very nature of God and the life of God to do what is just and right. None must isolate, cos Christ came to die for all men including me PHILIPIAN, being chief among them back then!

Philipian

View Profile
Christian women love evil men... what the heck!? (Christian men aren't much better on the large)
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 05:25 AM

By God's dictate. He will not for any reason change his Words for man kind, Be it on ground of your convenience or otherwise. God's commands to us (which does not hurt us) is unflipping, unflinching, unchanging and unrepenting! He said in 2Cor 6:14 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) - "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"... That is what we should use as a plumbline. God's word was written before we were born and he had us in mind while he sent his word to deliver us from our destruction.

I know folks will always have reasons for what they do. In fact there might be instances to quote as reasons for us choosing unbelieving partners above any other. In fact we may proceed to justify such reasons with some profound legitimacy, but in final analysis, your life is not answerable to any man but the Supreme and Living God and his word of testimony he gave to you and I.

So when next you see reasons to do same, think about countless other believers who are heading the word of God and getting YOKED with fellow BELIEVERS. We can not use escapism to capitalize on disobedience to God's own instruction. It may win for man, but it doesn't win over God!

Philipian

View Profile
WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT LONG DISTANCE FRIENDSHIP/RELATIONSHIPS?:p)
Posted : 15 Dec, 2012 05:03 AM

I had listened to all and read from all. Its amazing your responses and i must say i had learn a thing or two.

Also, among those who had experienced this, I know for sure LDR (Long Distance Relationship) is not a joking play. Its is as serious as the day to day relationship. In overall, God's help is needed. Respect for each others values are necessary. Also every ingredients you would have applied in a short distance relationship is equally expected here. Then a vibrant and unmistakable communication skills is highly required and a huge sense of grown maturity. When across distance, simplest misunderstanding may not be easily quelled as much as that of people who see each other everyday, before it spiral out of control and put an end to a good thing.

In summary, a BRAVE HEART will be needed. It will not be easy. It will cost time, energy, it will take money. But you will need to have a lot of faith in the unseen. Just like you keep a faith in the God above you have not seen. There will be moment of doubt and fear and hurt. There will be limitations and constraints. But certainly with a desire and dedication within. I believe victory can be achieved.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10