Author Thread
really_54

View Profile
DOES GOD STILL DO MIRACLES TODAY?
Posted : 13 Jul, 2014 08:17 PM

WOW! That is an incredible testimony, William, of God 's amazing power and grace. Thank you for sharing that.

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Have you been CONDEMMNED by others as having an "UNBIBLICAL DIVORCE" ?
Posted : 9 Jul, 2014 09:31 PM

Singer, you continue to defend yourself and others while ignoring God's command to husbands. We are not talking about Jezebel or Lot's wife here, but God's command to husbands:

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her" (Ephesians 5:25).

Jesus laid down His life for us, though we, as unbelievers, did not love Him. We did not deserve such love, but God loved us anyways despite our rebelliousness to His ways. That is how we are to love our wives. Whether they are submissive or rebellious, God commands the man to love his wife the same way as Christ loved us.

The Bible also says, "Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them" (Colossians 3:19). It is easy for a man to be bitter towards his wife. I understand where you are coming from. But God commands us not to be bitter toward them.

If we husbands would seek to be gentle like Christ, I do not believe we would be hearing as many complaints about unsubmissive wives.

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 3 Jul, 2014 04:29 PM

Singer, you continue to defend yourself and others while ignoring God's command to husbands. We are not talking about Jezebel or Lot's wife here, but God's command to husbands:

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her" (Ephesians 5:25).

Jesus laid down His life for us, though we, as unbelievers, did not love Him. We did not deserve such love, but God loved us anyways despite our rebelliousness to His ways. That is how we are to love our wives. Whether they are submissive or rebellious, God commands the man to love his wife the same way as Christ loved us.

The Bible also says, "Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them" (Colossians 3:19). It is easy for a man to be bitter towards his wife. I understand where you are coming from. But God commands us not to be bitter toward them.

If we husbands would seek to be gentle like Christ, I do not believe we would be hearing as many complaints about unsubmissive wives.

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 1 Jul, 2014 09:37 AM

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 30 Jun, 2014 06:53 AM

Thank you sister for sharing with us: "Also another miracle GOD did for me was I use to be an epileptic and have seizures. It has been over twenty years that I have been seizure free and taking no medicine. So I can say GOD is still in the miracle business." Praise God!!! That is wonderful news.

And may the Lord guide the surgeon's hands in your operation. We look forward to seeing your beautiful smile. :angel:

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 26 Jun, 2014 06:25 AM

Singer, your words, "only if they repent and are still in Messiah", are NOT in the commands that God has given to husbands. Read them again:

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 25 Jun, 2014 08:00 AM

Singer, this is what God commands men:

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 26 May, 2014 07:49 PM

Thank you Gods Jude for sharing. I should add that my testimony is in no way meant to diminish the valuable role that doctors and surgeons play in health care. I recently watched a move called "Gifted Hands", the true life story of the surgeon, Ben Carson. It's a wonderful story of how God used this man to perform extraordinary surgeries. God can and does use doctors.

Notwithstanding, the purpose of my sharing of this miracle is to point people to the Lord Jesus Christ who can do the impossible for you. Let your faith rest in Jesus.

�For with God nothing will be impossible� (Luke 1:37).

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 24 May, 2014 12:31 PM

Does God still do miracles today? Below is my testimony of a miracle that God did for me recently on May 18, 2014. I pray that it would be an encouragement for all to look to Jesus for healing, for the Lord Jesus can do what doctors cannot do as recorded in Luke 8: 43-48, in the story of the woman with the issue of blood.

I am not one who will go to a doctor when something is ailing in my body (the last beneficial visit to a doctor was almost 40 years ago), but I faithfully always go to Jesus. The Lord has been my doctor over the years and has healed me many times.

Sometime on Monday morning, April 28, 2014, I noticed pain in my left ear. The pain intensified throughout the day. I prayed and felt at times relief. However, the sharp pains would always return. For several days I simply prayed and endured the pain, which at times felt like it paralyzed the left side of my face. However, by Friday, May 2, I knew something was terribly wrong. Although the pain had somewhat subsided, I had lost almost total hearing in my left ear. I decided to visit a walk-in-clinic after work. The receptionist kindly told me that the doctor would not be seeing any more patients that day.

I went home and had my son flush out my right ear. My hearing was only slightly improved in that ear since that is my weakest ear for sound anyways. However, it gave me hope, for some inexplicable reason, to return to the clinic. I jumped in my truck and quickly drove back to the walk-in-clinic. It was five o'clock. I saw the doctor putting something in his car and returning through the back entrance of the clinic. I tried opening the door to the back entrance, but it was locked. It was obvious the doctor was getting ready to go home. I walked around to the front entrance and it was locked as well. I stood by my truck wondering what to do. Suddenly, the doctor came out of the front entrance and locked it.

As he turned, I approached him. "Doctor, I know that the clinic is closed. I came by earlier and was told that you were not seeing any more patients. But I have something very wrong with my left ear. It's been in pain all week."

I expected the doctor to tell me to go away, but instead he looked at me and said, "Come with me." He turned around, unlocked the clinic, disengaged the security alarm, and examined my left ear. "You have a very bad infection," he said. The doctor prescribed 6 tablets of Azithromycin (whatever that is).

I faithfully took the tablets over the next 5 days as prescribed. The pain seemed to subside, but my hearing was not restored. I returned to the clinic on May 7, 2014, for another examination and was shocked when the doctor said, "You have a perforation in your ear drum. The pressure from your ear infection must have caused this." The doctor then prescribed Ciprodex Otic Suspension containing Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride and Dexamethasone. [Why don't they just call it "ear drops" and make it simple. Perhaps the big words are meant to impress you so that you won't complain about the $40.55 charge for the tiny bottle of 7.5ml. of liquid.]

According to the doctor's prescription, I had my son administer the priceless droplets to my left ear for the next 10 days. On Saturday night, May 17, 2014, I decided this would be my last dose of the medication. My hearing had not improved at all during this time and there was still bouts of minimal sharp pains even on that very day.

I said, "Lord, I do not understand what is happening, but I know that you can heal me if You are willing. You promised in Your Word that You would supply all my needs. Lord I have a need to hear. I will not take any more medicine after this. I'm in Your hands."

On Sunday morning, May 18, 2014, my son and I attended a church service. Although my left ear was still deaf, I had the most glorious worship time in the presence of Jesus. I prayed silently, "Lord this would be a good time to heal me!" Although I felt no healing at that moment, I was overwhelmed to tears from God's presence.

Later that afternoon, I was absent-mindedly cleaning my left ear with a Q-tip swab for it felt wet. At the same time I was talking to my son and was suddenly aware that I could hear him clearly. "Something has happened to my ear," I said. To my shock and amazement, there was no more muffled sound in my left ear. Every sound was crystal clear. I turned on the toaster and could hear for the first time the "ding" of the bell when the timer goes off. I did the same thing with the oven timer, and how sweet to my ear was the sound of the timer going off. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Yet I was and am baffled. What part does the doctor and the medicine have to do with this miracle? Was I to return to the doctor to thank him and yet give the glory to God? God works in mysterious ways. I was not expecting God to heal me this way, and maybe that is why He did. Could this be like Naaman in 2 Kings 5:11, who was expecting God to heal him a certain way, yet he had to be humbled and accept God's way?

Now for the rest of the story. It is one thing to make a claim of the miraculous, it is another thing to substantiate that claim. When I shared with a fellow co-worker the events of my healing, giving the glory to God, he looked at me with skepticism and said, "But you were taking prescription ear drops for 10 days. . . that's why you're healed."

My co-worker's statement bothered me. I felt that I needed to return to the doctor to not only verify that the perforation in my ear drum was healed, but also to prove that my healing was indeed miraculous. After three failed attempts to see the doctor because of his busy schedule, I was finally able to see him at 5:00 pm on Friday, May 23, 2014.

The doctor listened in silence as I recounted the above events. He examined my ear and said he could no longer see any perforation of the ear drum. Using a tuning fork to create sound, he tested my hearing and found it to be normal. He then asked me if I was still taking the ear drops and I said no, for I had ceased taking them on Saturday, May 17. Then I asked him, "Could the ear drops, after 10 days of use and seeing no improvement to my hearing, suddenly take effect on Sunday, May 18?"

His answer was an emphatic, "No".

I asked him, "Then how do you explain it?"

The doctor's answer surprised me. "There is no explanation for this healing. And if I were to try to explain it based on natural causes, it would not be possible. You are free to call this healing miraculous if you wish, for I can give you no explanation. We physicians do our best to assess a situation. Sometimes we err in our diagnosis and prescribe wrong treatments. In the end we realize, that ultimately, healing is out of our hands." The doctor then reached out his hand to shake mine. "Thank you for sharing this good news with me."

I pray, dear reader, that my testimony of God's faithfulness would encourage you to look to Jesus for healing. For doctors can only do so much, and as my doctor admitted to me, "healing is out of our hands." And like the woman with the issue of blood, who was treated by physicians for 12 years but only grew worse, you too can reach out to Jesus by faith and be healed. (Luke 8:43-48)

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
Posted : 5 May, 2014 07:03 PM

biglion44, you're avoiding the question. As a follower of Jesus, did you truthfully demonstrate Christ's Spirit of gentleness and tenderness towards your wife when instructing her or did you demand her to submit?

The Bible does say for wives to submit to their husbands but it also says, "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her" (Ephesians 5:25).

Blessings,

Paul

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10