Author Thread
dunravin

View Profile
Is Chivalry/Gentleman like behaviors dead?
Posted : 11 Feb, 2014 09:50 PM

Well Chris I have a need to respond to your post probably in an unflattering way...You live in a world of hurt and fear and are probably just as neurotic as any man should be when the world that he/you live in is inhabited by monsters. The picture you paint of yourself and your experiences with women expressed in words of hatred brings me to a point where I must sincerely ask why you are on a dating site...even more why are you on a Christian Dating site. No woman is going to come alongside you and walk with you in all of your glorious pain and know that her reward is the shame and indignity of being hated. Many women will walk with you if you are willing to share the pains of your existence if they only know that they are the singularly most important person in your life and that they are treasured...cherished...respected...and deeply loved. If you are not going to even entertain such a construct then you should at least have the self respect to go far far away from a dating site.

dunravin

View Profile
Similarities or Opposites?
Posted : 9 Feb, 2014 10:39 PM

I am a carpenter and as a hobby I carve bone into shape and form with special significance attached spiritually to each form I create...This means that my hands get cut and bruised...and sometimes hurt...but it is a passion...for me...So in answer to your question the opposite question must be posited...would any women really want to carve bone with the resultant broken nails cuts and scratches...maybe one...maybe even two...but yes I would certainly share in my womans' craft projects ...just as a matter of sharing quality time together.

dunravin

View Profile
Posted : 6 Feb, 2014 08:36 PM

Life is a lot more simple than is generally presupposed...the evidence is in the demonstration rather than in the verbiage....One person can claim legitimately to be Christian yet be a harsh judge of another's behaviour thus giving credence to the counter claim that they are anti Christian based on the evidence of the behaviour. The same is true of both men and women... what does the evidence in terms of the behaviour indicate about the person and their perception of themselves in their environment? Most men would probably be quite horrified at a woman trying to live out the Mills and Boon lifestyle.

Men are psychologically hardwired to be responsive to certain stimulii as are women and in that stimulii lies their very responsiveness...If a man is not treated with dignity and respect then certainly those attributes of masculinity will not be extant in their relational discourses, indeed there may well an opposite reaction...thesis/antithesis/synthesis.

So what is a "lady"...a question without an answer that will satisfy everybody....yet should be demonstrated as evidence of a womans' femininity and her self concept of her place within relational boundaries and social dictums...Like I said at first...verbiage.

dunravin

View Profile
Posted : 5 Feb, 2014 08:04 PM

With respect bbl this subject has been mauled to death. The simple answer is no. Men have always been chivalrous and tried to treat women with dignity and respect. However women have demanded more and more until it has reached the point where men stand aside and allow women to open their own doors and use their own cans of mace...Sadly the romantic notions that many American and European women entertain regarding chivalry have fallen into disrepute because those very actions which define chivalry are held in disrespect by those self same women. (Men despise being seen as weak). Thus the teaching of younger men by their elders is also held without respect....just as the teachings of Laura Inger Wilder have fallen away because they are not seen to be valid in this 21st. Century, and that has occurred within a relatively short time span. Until such time as those actions which define chivalry are once again enshrined in the 21st. Century consciousness they will continue their downward trend.

If you want a man to behave in a manner which you see as chivalrous then the dignity and respect you so earnestly desire should be reciprocated by women being the role models that men desire. Simply put, if you want a man to treat you as a "lady" then behave like one and consider the fact that there are many people who are women but they may not be a "lady".

dunravin

View Profile
where can I meet a nice christian girl?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2014 07:39 PM

Well if you are going to go seeking then this is as good place as any...Look outside of your immediate community though and probably you will have to look outside of your own nation...unfortunately there are as many totally unrealistic women here as there are in any other world....Many of the women on this site say they want a man who will put God first, but the reality is that if any guy puts anything at all before the woman in the relationship then he is going to suffer the consequences... Nice Christian woman...there are some here...just go to the chat forums and make yourself known to them...

dunravin

View Profile
Do you study the Bible?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2014 08:56 PM

Your question and the way you opened your heart for all to see says much about you. I sat here and was amazed at the honesty you shared and the fears you expressed. Religion is a terrible trap to fall into and a very difficult trap to get out of.

The Bible, the very Word of God, is a demonstration of God's divine purpose, His plan for the redemption of fallen man and a love letter written to your heart. Read that again...it is a love letter to YOU. Every sentence, every verse speaks in different ways to different people and everyone gains a different understanding when they read the letters of God to His people...You do not have to read God's love letter every moment of every day to hear of His plan for man, for you. The most important thing for me to say to you is that the Father of Lights, Jesus Christ came to this earth to tell you of His great love for you...He loves you so much that he gave up His life, His glory in heaven, His place beside the Father just for you to know that you are His love.

I would love to write you a love letter and tell you how wonderful you are, as a man to a woman...but the Bible Is not just a love letter to you as a woman ...it is a love letter to you as the highest order of creation...it is a love letter to you as an immortal soul ...

Well that is my opinion.

dunravin

View Profile
How many brothers.......
Posted : 20 Jan, 2014 09:47 PM

In some ways, when I reread my response, I feel that to tell the whole truth of some of the things I have done or had to do to survive, would make some people cringe in disbelief and run for the hills. As a soldier many years ago, some actions would now be considered unconscionable but i was forgiven and those actions are now under grace....

Were I in love and under covenant with a lady I would stand with her and fight and perhaps even die, but rather live, for her right to be under grace...the same grace extended to me...I am as great a sinner as any man under heaven but God has given me the grace to be free of the horror of my sin...I could do no other than to be the Covenantal man She has asked God for and extend Gods' grace...surely we cannot stand under the Throne of God and do less...

Your question deserves serious consideration and response but really demands a response even if only in a philosophical debate on the nature of forgiveness.

dunravin

View Profile
How many brothers.......
Posted : 19 Jan, 2014 10:17 PM

I think that if we are really truthful with ourselves and with others, we would have to say we all have been around the block to some extent or another....There are some who have not had to fight to get out of one gutter or another, admittedly, but all our life experiences make us stronger if we wish. I believe that all the angels of heaven rejoice with Jesus when one sinner is brought to salvation...and that is where we all want to be...we should all aspire to be a smile on Jesus' face. That being said, an ex drug addict...an ex this or an ex that who is brought to that point of grace has much to be thankful for...and when he or she finds that grace and also a spouse who will covenantally love her until time is no more and can do the same...then surely those who have been granted much forgiveness can accept the other in the same manner. There is no way that I cannot support my future wife simply because she has been around the block, I have been there myself and many things I may be but being a hypocrite is not something that I wish to aspire to. Been there dun that...

dunravin

View Profile
Your thought on this please..?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2014 12:22 AM

Your reaction is a matter of the arrogance that is displayed...If you wanted it to be private then you should not have entered it in a public forum but rather in a private place...You simply demonstrate your intolerance and your bitterness, thus you deserve the hardness of heart that you have...

dunravin

View Profile
Your thought on this please..?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2014 02:25 PM

Sissygirl...an interesting reaction...You have posed a question on an OPEN forum asking for responses from GUYS and when a guy responds you decide to react with anger and then you claim that the response is unwarranted. You asked a question, now whether you like the response or not is immaterial... the response is given...now act your age instead of your shoe size.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9