Author Thread
dunravin

View Profile
I have to ask both my brothers and sisters.......
Posted : 17 Dec, 2013 08:16 PM

Now you are haggling

dunravin

View Profile
Dating out of selflessness?
Posted : 16 Dec, 2013 11:25 PM

Whilst I respect the context of the concern and the context of father daughter relationships, I do think that setting yourself, as daddy perfect, is fraught with even more perilous constructs than not doing so... If you have taught your children well, in a Biblical manner then sit back and let her make the decisions not based on the perfect gentleman or the perfect daddy, admirable though such constructs are, but rather based on her own moral and ethical choices. You simply cannot protect her from everything and everyone who comes along who may be less inclined to an ethical relationship. The very best you can do , in my opinion is to give her the tools to make good choices and set the bar not at your standard but rather at a place where the examples and teachings you have imparted are the standard for her to aspire to.From what you have written and the obvious joy you have in your daughter and the protective feelings you have for her you are a man to be respected and admired.

dunravin

View Profile
you will not find a match online!
Posted : 16 Dec, 2013 11:14 PM

So....why are you here...surely for you it is a pointless exercise or are you just going to pretend no matter what...perhaps you are here to simply play games...perhaps you will merit the response you get...perhaps you should just go and crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under.

dunravin

View Profile
Dating out of selflessness?
Posted : 15 Dec, 2013 09:15 PM

dating out of selflessness...a complete contradiction in terms. There is no such thing. Dating is only dating if the needs of the one are met by the offerings of the other and if the two happen to become one so much better. Dating is only self interest. The truth is that people date because they want something. End of story...little girls and little boys becoming best friends with their parents...total hogwash. Parents have a sacred trust to protect their children and set them on a path to righteousness, set in stone by a jealous God.

Best friends. No ...

fathers dating daughters...no...

mothers dating sons...no...

Dating is a precursor to the development of an intimate relationship and a covenantal relationship...

dunravin

View Profile
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 11:18 PM

After giving considerable thought to this rather vexatious issue I have decided that goats are off the menu...they stink too much and donkeys are much friendlier...So the ante is up to two dankeys...forget the goats

dunravin

View Profile
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 11:18 PM

After giving considerable thought to this rather vexatious issue I have decided that goats are off the menu...they stink too much and donkeys are much friendlier...So the ante is up to two dankeys...forget the goats

dunravin

View Profile
Love - Emotions
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 05:53 PM

As for this being posted in this particular forum again I would encourage you to put it where it belongs and certainly not in a section that is ..Advice on Love and Dating.

dunravin

View Profile
Love - Emotions
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 05:50 PM

Love is a choice as is its opposite, which is not hate at all but rather indifference...A man chooses to love as he chooses to hate...as for depression, well depression is a psychological premise most misunderstood by many and perhaps should be reconstructured as learned helplessness..as for the rest of what you call emotions they also can be examined from a number of distinct perspectives, yours being only one .anyway the point being that I do not think that you have given any serious consideration to posting this letter but have simply posted it for the sake of posting something

dunravin

View Profile
why are you still single?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 04:37 PM

This is a very vexing question in truth and although I endeavoured to interject my own particular brand of silliness into the discussion the reality is simply that everyone her at cdff is here for a reason and mostly that reason is loneliness...the need to be treasured and loved and adored and considered to be the most wonderful, dynamic and amazing person in the universe. So then the why are you still single question arises. Because we as humans are fearful of making fools of ourselves, we fear ridicule despite the nature of our errors. So we literally demand that God take over and make a choice for us. Then it surely is Gods will if it goes well and also if it doesn't. If the relationship founders then we did not hear Gods voice clearly and therefore demonstrated our human nature. That way we do not have to take personal responsibility for making poor choices. If the relationship goes on to be a wonderful experience then equally it is because God deemed it to be so ...ergo we also accord the responsibility to God. In either case it is simply that personal responsibility is thrown to the wind. Man no longer makes active and rational choices...those choices generally are made for us...Society makes choices for us, governments make choices for us, family makes choices for us, stigmatisation makes choices for us, children make choices for us...ad infinitum. or nauseum as the case may be. Some people wake up in the morning and ask God what colour socks to wear in this day...and if those bright orange socks do not go with that Bright blue suit it is because someone else does not appreciate the glory of God having created wonderful colours. I am single because I have learned that I sometimes make poor choices but those poor choices are mine and mine alone...I cannot blame God for everything that goes wrong, or the devil for that matter. In times of yore many marriages were arranged by a person specially gifted with particular skills in that arena and most of these marriages survived and became wonderful relationships. People made choices and accepted the consequences of those choices as a personal responsibility. Well that is enough from me.

dunravin

View Profile
does the word "love you too" mean anything?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 11:16 PM

You quote Scripture as ...love is patient....love in the relational context is rarely scriptural and rarely patient and to use love as a platitude or as a sop to ego, as in the context of "love you too" would tend to indicate that your understanding of male/ female relational love is extremely limited. To use scripture in an attempt to validate an inability to make constructive choices would tend to infer that patience is not in fact a virtue and to the contrary the relationship dynamic is very one sided. To demonstrate a hurt simply because one party in the relationship is feeling insecure is simply crass manipulation. The lesson to be learned from this is not to denigrate the agape aspect of love into the eros aspect of love or worse yet the pathos aspect. In other words if you are going to say I love You to someone put your insecurities aside and your ego under a rock and actually mean what you say.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9