View Profile
Motivation.......
Posted : 27 Dec, 2013 11:00 PM

keep thinking out loud

dunravin

View Profile
why be deceptive?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2013 10:08 PM

I do not believe that you failed and if that is the impression I gave then I apologise most sincerely. ..that was certainly not my intention....The fact that you chose to love a conflicted and insecure man was not a failure in itself...it just showed that you are as neurotic as anyone else...perhaps neurotic should be changed to lonely and needing to feel cherished and wanted as a woman and as a human...

dunravin

View Profile
why be deceptive?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2013 07:53 PM

I do think, from the limited information your post provides, that there has been a fairly constant need for this man to be affirmed in his role as a divorced Christian man, as a father, as a lover and as a friend and all the other aspects of his humanity. What I hear you saying is that he demonstrated his weaknesses and you responded by affirming him in that by not demonstrating your strengths.

You say that you are not as mature a Christian as he and that you are moving along but also that you do not see the everyday fruits of his maturity and he in turn does not see the fruits of your Christian life. yet the magical words...I love you...have been spoken...there is power in those words.

You assert that He does not pray or read his Bible with you and you in turn feel slighted by his lack of Christian leadership in this relationship.

There is no balance expressed...there is no leadership expressed...

It seems that he may be a little bit lost in relationship to himself, his God and those around him... It is perhaps better that you are not together at this time...

Whether one is an evangelistic Christian and one is a Catholic or vice versa is not particularly important as all Christian faiths lead to the throne room of God at the end of the day.

You need to walk in your faith affirmed by your man not constantly tested or held in suspicion...

dunravin

View Profile
Physical dislikes
Posted : 27 Dec, 2013 12:49 AM

Sorry about that but my entire response was accidently deleted

dunravin

View Profile
Physical dislikes
Posted : 27 Dec, 2013 12:47 AM

ttra

dunravin

View Profile
Is there an unforgivable Sin?
Posted : 23 Dec, 2013 07:45 PM

It is impossible for an unbeliever to commit anything that could be considered unforgivable in any sense as their concept of sin is unformed and there is no Biblical justification for such a charge. There are however a number of people who contend that a blasphemy against the Holy spirit is unforgivable in a saved believers life. The question really is; is it possible for a saved believer to do such a thing? What is your opinion?

dunravin

View Profile
Idolitry?
Posted : 22 Dec, 2013 09:42 PM

One issue with the family we are born into or grow with is that each family literally creates its own myths. We all are a part of the myth creation and perpetuation. So that even though there are serious issues that face us as a family we change the context and thereby alter ourselves from the reality of who we are spiritually. Spiritually, if we create a myth we enter into the world of idolatry and something other that who we are and who we worship changes our perspective of our place in time and space. That may sound very convoluted but the function of family is not to be an end in itself , the function of family is to nurture and grow us into functional human beings with a cognizance or awareness of who we are and who we aspire to be. So if we see our parents as something akin to supermen or women we may well aspire to be like them, emulate them and their lifestyles, or take on certain of their attributes and grow into ourselves. We can worship family life just as we can worship money and possessions. Perhaps this is why there are so many Biblical references to striving for riches and the avoidance of such. Jesus said that both mammon and money cannot inhabit the same place in our worship. Family is though absolutely vital to correct social and psychological health. It is the place to learn to be ourselves and grow. To grow emotionally and spiritually. To grow spiritually we must be in a place where spiritual truth is being discussed and taught and learned and practiced. The same is true of emotional and social growth.

Idolatry is a word that people no longer give a lot of credence to; it is far more socially acceptable to use words like egotism. The worship of self and that essentially is what idolatry really is ...supplanting the worship of the Father of Lights with the worship of self, in all of its indulgences.

What a wonderful question to ponder upon and also to examine in myself. Thank you.

dunravin

View Profile
What's up with?
Posted : 20 Dec, 2013 10:05 PM

Your qualities as you call them are patronising in the extreme but what the heck that is who you are after all. As for knowing you...no I do not know you and truthfully I have no wish to ...I am simply responding to your supposed questioning observation regarding men on cdff...like I have already said ...patronising and egoistic...Have a deserving life

dunravin

View Profile
What's up with?
Posted : 20 Dec, 2013 09:56 AM

Your question, amongst one or two other attitudes posed, appears to be the question of someone who is predisposed to not just find disappointment in a profile but to extrapolate and find disappointment where ever there is room to exercise your patronizing attitude. Your own profile seems to be a classic example of this..the biggest attribute written about is the size of your ego.

dunravin

View Profile
What I have learned about women on this site.....
Posted : 17 Dec, 2013 08:20 PM

I am so glad I am a guy but I am also very glad that women are women

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9