Author Thread
dunravin

View Profile
Why?
Posted : 8 Nov, 2013 10:02 AM

People have their photographs taken in Jerusalem...Moscow...Washington...Dachau ...all are monuments to Mammon in some form or another and people will be people ...they enjoy having photographs commemorating their visit to places of significance...males and females...perhaps it reminds them later of being happy or just to share their memories of where they have been...What an incredibly inane question.

dunravin

View Profile
Questions about the mode of warfare
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 01:06 AM

Be very clear on the new military systems. As a man of a different generation service was seen as a value. A value incorporating many other values...honour...dignity...truth...justice...courage.....patriotism...and so many values have changed since the second World War...We all hear the clamour of the proud.... to have served and bless you for your service...mere platitudes...defending the country...fighting for freedom...freedom isn't free...again mere platitudes...America does not rule the free world ...Americans have a very convoluted sense of world affairs and a very limited knowledge of the US governments' perfidity in relation to wars and police actions it engages in. The rest of the world does not see American intervention in many other nations affairs as honourable...or victorious...or courageous...or even patriotic. Many other nations are filled with the fervour of patriotism and their service personnel serve with the same considerations as US service men and women. The belief system is different. American nationalism is not seen in the rest of the world as a value but rather as a system of international enslavement to the US system of social indoctrination. I have served in the military services of two other nations as an active duty officer and I do not bear any malice toward any enemy. They had their belief system and I had mine. God does not bless the bullets of one nation over any other nor the soldier of one system over another. War is simply a horror that is inflicted upon the civilian populace and that war is conducted in the name of world peace. This is the great contradiction that one system of government should rule over all the other nations of this planet peacefully. Jesus said of war...pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

dunravin

View Profile
No real Gentelemen in here
Posted : 1 Nov, 2013 11:37 PM

Perhaps the question is really ...what is a real gentleman? I think that to put all men in the same category and denigrate them is not only unfair but does no justice whatsoever to the many fine and upstanding gentlemen on this site. I wonder if perhaps your designated parameters are a little skewed.

dunravin

View Profile
Would you rather....
Posted : 1 Nov, 2013 02:51 AM

Truthfully I just want to know that someone actually took the time to read my profile. Photographs tell only one side of the story and generally the photograph is a rather weak indication of who the person really is. I want to know the reality of someone reading what I have said about myself. Did I say read and respond, yes. I want to know more than anything that the lady messaging me has assimilated a very brief bio and is responding to that stimulus. Nothing else. The Hi hw r u...messages are a complete waste of my time and demonstrate that the person sending it has no concept of what I have written in my profile.

dunravin

View Profile
A Little Help, Please?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2013 02:04 AM

Sorry CAt but in my experience most guys walk around half the time with their eyes closed...the other half of the time their mouths are so busy working overtime that they cannot hear anything that anyone else says. Add to this that so many guys cannot read simple directions and you want guys to actually read...no...they generally just look at the comic sections...or the photographs. I get the same thing...winks from ladies way outside of the parameters of my profile request...and my lifestyle choices...It may well be an issue of hardwiring but it generally comes down to not seeing the person in the profile...only what they want to see...a photograph may well not tell the truth. Anyway a fair question ...just unanswerable.

dunravin

View Profile
A Little Help, Please?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2013 02:04 AM

Sorry CAt but in my experience most guys walk around half the time with their eyes closed...the other half of the time their mouths are so busy working overtime that they cannot hear anything that anyone else says. Add to this that so many guys cannot read simple directions and you want guys to actually read...no...they generally just look at the comic sections...or the photographs. I get the same thing...winks from ladies way outside of the parameters of my profile request...and my lifestyle choices...It may well be an issue of hardwiring but it generally comes down to not seeing the person in the profile...only what they want to see...a photograph may well not tell the truth. Anyway a fair question ...just unanswerable.

dunravin

View Profile
Your turn fellows.......
Posted : 26 Oct, 2013 01:26 PM

Tradition dictates that men make the first move. However we create our own myths and traditions and now that some obscure equality seems to be the norm, it is more than acceptable that women address the issue and be the initiators. Men look at profiles and women look at profiles. If a woman likes a profile and sees something there that appeals to them I would suggest that most men would be quite pleased that they have been seen to be mate/spouse/friend/husband material. Men and women are not unalike when they are chosen.

dunravin

View Profile
Is it because
Posted : 12 Oct, 2013 11:16 PM

It cannot be because you live in a remote place...I live in New Zealand and much more remote than that you cannot get...Profile...nothing wrong there...weight...everyone has a bias and a preference...scammers just pick on anyone they sense may be vulnerable...I have had a few...maybe women...maybe men...I don't know and I don't care...except for the gorgeous and beautifully proportioned blondes who live in Nigerian internet cafes...them I love to walk down the garden path....then I report them...but God has a plan...no that is not a platitude, just the simple truth...be strong.

dunravin

View Profile
Any Lovely Ladies from N.C. or S.C.?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2013 02:04 AM

You know, I had to do a double take and rethink my attitude to photographs ...perhaps you are right. I really had no idea of the issues faced regarding scammers, whether male or female. I cannot say that I am particularly naive but somehow I just want to expect the best rather than first look for the bad. So I apologise if I came off sounding a little presumptuous or asinine. That was never my intent...now If I could just borrow a friends camera or learn to use the one I have...

dunravin

View Profile
Any Lovely Ladies from N.C. or S.C.?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2013 02:02 AM

You know, I had to do a double take and rethink my attitude to photographs ...perhaps you are right. I really had no idea of the issues faced regarding scammers, whether male or female. I cannot say that I am particularly naive but somehow I just want to expect the best rather than first look for the bad. So I apologise if I came off sounding a little presumptuous or asinine. That was never my intent...now If I could just borrow a friends camera or learn to use the one I have...

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9