Author Thread
dunravin

View Profile
I pray to god they have to stop
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 08:18 PM

All that is demonstrated here is an extreme lack of emotional stability and a ridiculous concept of relational maturity...this is not about scammers...this is about your inability to be rational and having no control of your own neurotic impulses..to blame guys in general simply reinforces that.

dunravin

View Profile
why are you still single?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 07:42 PM

As a guy I will give an answer...because I am too important to waste on a mere mortal...I am too skeptical to see that my arrogance in refusing to make a choice is a blindness that I can hide behind in the name of God...I am not accepting of my own mortality...I refuse to accept that There are hundreds of wonderful women out there who would make amazing mates and only want miss perfect...I am not particularly accepting of my shortcomings because I am God's gift to the universe..I think I could go on but then I would be truely demonstrating that if I were a real blonde I would be a ditz, but I am not a real blond only the past tense of one so therefore I cannot be a ditz because that also would be demonstrative of thinking of myself as a lower form of human than everyone else...now you know ...Yes I am single, why....well I am a guy and...As a guy I will give an answer...because I am too important to waste on a mere mortal...whoops I think my ditziness is showing....

dunravin

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 10:30 AM

Biblically there are certain restrictions regarding women and divorce but to this day I can find no similar references to a man divorcing and remarrying. Solomon with his multitudinous wives and David with his and indeed many of the OT patriarchs seemed to have no problem in getting rid of a wife...sorry about the terminology...There are some very legalistic interpretations of divorce and remarriage and a great number of interpretations set forth by denominations but God cannot and must not be set in concrete and expected to adhere to the petty demands of man and his interpretations. Marriage is a sacred bond, a covenant...take from that that which applies to your situation and do not beat up on yourself about your narrow constructs imposed by a legalistic society that denies its own immorality in relation to divorce and remarriage. If you are in love , or Like, with a woman and together you believe that you could create a covenant to band together as a husband and wife under a Holy God then do not deny yourself.

dunravin

View Profile
I have to ask both my brothers and sisters.......
Posted : 12 Dec, 2013 06:56 PM

You are supposed to try to raise the stakes...

dunravin

View Profile
I have to ask both my brothers and sisters.......
Posted : 11 Dec, 2013 11:25 PM

I think that if you open an online store that sells camels and goats and donkeys and maybe a few turtle doves you would have a thriving business being a matchmaker. For myself I would offer perhaps a goat and two donkeys for a particular woman who has caught my fancy, so to speak, and I could buy them from you, then you could assess my potential prospects and raise or lower the price and rave about my prospects to that particular woman or suggest an alternative and try to raise the bride price to a camel and two donkeys and four turtle doves, plus a considerable commission of course for your services...unless you are offering free services. Well anyway enough humour for now...but there is a lot of potential in your concept...and as for that well you are very young but you do have potential as a business woman and you are kind of cute so consider yourself offered two goats...now haggle to your hearts' content...

dunravin

View Profile
does the word "love you too" mean anything?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2013 07:02 PM

...."love you too" is not one word, it is three and the context and responses are different from one individual to another. You have made some serious errors of judgement in your short diatribe thus one of necessity must consider the very nature of the question you actually pose and why you have posed it. In essence I would state that it could be the same as any other platitude, for example the phrase...bless you...it can certainly be a platitude but not necessarily so...some people actually mean what they say...bless you ...with what...zits...chicken pox...mumps...sometimes it is the context and sometimes it is the heart intent that has merit. "Love you too" may well be a platitude but if one analyzes everything that is uttered then there is no truthful meaning in anything, according to the perspective of the person it is directed at. Analysis of such beautiful words proves very little except in the context of the heart attitude..'Love you too" is very different from, I love you too..attitude and context.

dunravin

View Profile
Well guys........
Posted : 4 Dec, 2013 06:29 PM

Giving up infers that there is a point at which hopes and dreams are dismissed in favour of mediocrity or worse, the status quo. So many people saying I am only here for the forums...riggght. There is always hope...there is always a dream...give up on the dream and the hope and enter the world of ...what??? there is nothing there ...fight to keep alive the wanting to see desire fulfilled and fight harder to find a loving and caring mate...get on your bicycle and go looking among the hedgerows...go and seek...do not expect that your future spouse is perfect...accept that there is happiness to be shared, loneliness to be unshackled and joys to be experienced together.

dunravin

View Profile
It's the holidays.......
Posted : 4 Dec, 2013 06:22 PM

Wrong answer...if you don't ask you will not know...of course you could always drag it out until next Christmas...seriously, I have never yet met a guy who was able to read a woman's mind...big concession there by the way...If you do not ask a guy what constitutes the reality of his thinking in regards to relational development, also remembering that the giving of gifts is a love language, the only response you will get is... duuuh...

dunravin

View Profile
It's the holidays.......
Posted : 3 Dec, 2013 05:22 PM

Ask him to marry you...big gift.

dunravin

View Profile
What is...
Posted : 3 Dec, 2013 05:20 PM

I have to concur on the interpretation of Don Quixote being a hopeless romantic...he was a knight errant also...he did the doing part...he slew lions and fought giants to affirm love... it is in the affirmation of the construct of love outside of eros and agape that the romantic resides, the hopeless romantic wants it to be that way all the time otherwise he finds no satisfaction in the mundane banality of his life.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9