Author Thread
HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
what does this compliment mean?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 08:41 PM

100 miles? I'd drive that tomorrow! 300 ... you're right, it is a reminder that you can't see her as often as you'd like. For a few months I dated a lady who lived 1500 miles away. The distance was one of the difficulties in the relationship.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Illusions of Christian singles online
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 01:11 PM

Lol, a recent experience supports that idea!

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Scam Alert
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 11:19 AM

Regarding the grammar, there's backwoods grammar ... and then there's "Google just translated this for me" grammar. Beware of the latter.

Beware of flattery. Respect and compliments are good. But if this person is sure you're the one ... after the 2nd message ... watch out.

And ... don't send money. Just ... don't.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Posted : 20 Feb, 2016 11:14 AM

Though online dating has its disadvantages, at least the ladies on these sites are interested in dating. In other venues, it's sometimes harder to know.

Personally, I want a lady who knows she wants a husband. Ladies who are not sure they want a husband of any sort, in my experience, are the ones difficult to court.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Posted : 19 Feb, 2016 09:10 PM

Sounds like you've had a bad experience, brother. I'm sorry to hear it.

You know, men and women alike can overlook a nearby diamond in the rough thinking a more distant one sparkles better.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 19 Feb, 2016 02:10 PM

Good answer, HacGirl!

I attended a college of mostly IFB people and attend a church with similar standards.

And why would a guy who hopes to lead his wife in those standards write to someone who doesn't already follow them? Because not that many people DO follow those standards. Also, because the person can be the type who will adopt a standard easily but simply has never been asked to. Obviously, not everyone is like that, but some are.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
gaining trust
Posted : 19 Feb, 2016 02:05 PM

What's the ratio of times you cancelled to times you went with the guy? If you cancelled 1 time out of 10 ... the relationship should be strong enough to handle that. If you cancelled half the time ... I'd think the same thing he's thinking.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
What do you drive, and what would you rather drive.
Posted : 19 Feb, 2016 02:02 PM

Since I have 5 children and live in an area that receives snow annually ... I drive a Ford Expedition 4x4. Fuel mileage stinks, but in every other respect it's a really great vehicle.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Inappropriate photo
Posted : 18 Feb, 2016 12:52 PM

I agree with Sojourner.

Saying something out of line ... we all offend from time to time with our tongues. But sending sexually explicit pictures goes way beyond that.

Whatever our flaws are, there are plenty of us who will NOT be doing that!

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Single Dad
Posted : 18 Feb, 2016 05:41 AM

Best wishes, Brandon!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10