Author Thread
HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Why the group pics?
Posted : 17 Feb, 2016 08:38 AM

Lol, Rambo! Reminds me of the time I was dating 1 of 3 triplets in college. I found out too late what a minefield that was ... when the one I was dating and her identical sister switched hairstyles one weekend.

As for pics with members of the opposite sex -- yeah, I appreciate when those are labeled as siblings or whatever too.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Why the group pics?
Posted : 16 Feb, 2016 11:43 AM

Ladies,

Why do so many put up group pictures as their profile pictures?

I just looked at a profile with 2 pictures each with 3 women in the picture. 2 of the women were in both pictures.

Another profile showed the profile owner from an odd overhead angle and then a distant picture of 2 women in front of a crowd outside a church.

Ladies, we may want to meet your friends eventually ... but we're thinking of sending YOU a message and maybe asking YOU out to dinner!

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Why does no one ever reply?
Posted : 16 Feb, 2016 11:32 AM

Perhaps you can refine your technique a little.

People do like to be able to match a face to the username.

And I don't know what you write in those opening messages, but a paragraph that shows you've read the person's profile and closes with a question about it is hard to ignore. When I get a message that just says, "Hi, please write to me", I really don't know what to reply!

So ... maybe a little more creativity will help your persistence pay off.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
what does this compliment mean?
Posted : 16 Feb, 2016 08:11 AM

I'm more cautious than that with my compliments. But ... I'm also considered less romantic than some other guys are.

Compliments that are not very specific are, in my opinion, less serious or heart-felt than specific compliments.

They may be fine before people know each other well. But once she and I do know each other, I will enjoy hearing exactly what she admires in me and I will enjoy telling her exactly what I admire in her.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Someone asked about any legitimate reason for divorce and remarriage.
Posted : 19 Nov, 2015 06:00 AM

Knowing nothing of your situation, here's my understanding of the Bible's teaching on the matter.

http://proclaimingnewbirth.blogspot.com/2015/10/legitimacy-of-divorce-and-remarriage.html

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Legitimacy of Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 20 Oct, 2015 07:40 PM

Well, it's possible to take anything out of context.

But physical or sexual abuse is not something to which one should have to keep submitting. I know some cry "abuse" over things that probably aren't. But I also know people repeatedly beaten up or threatened to be killed by their spouses.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Legitimacy of Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 16 Oct, 2015 06:41 PM

I've commented on a couple threads here on this topic and one sister asked me to explain my understanding of the topic. Whether you agree or disagree with me, this will at least get you looking at the key passages on the topic.

http://proclaimingnewbirth.blogspot.com/2015/10/legitimacy-of-divorce-and-remarriage.html

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
hard to understand you guys..sometimes..lol
Posted : 15 Oct, 2015 08:36 PM

Similarity of the important things in life keeps my interest. Of course, there's attraction, geographic proximity, and more.

One thing to keep a conversation going is to ask a question at the end of your message. Often it's hard not to write back if a question has been asked. More than "how are you?". Something based on the profile or what has been said.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
pore over
Posted : 15 Oct, 2015 04:10 PM

Hollywood has promoted the notion of the romantic rogue rather heavily. Actually, I think the notion predates Hollywood.

Some women have bought into the notion and do choose reckless, dashing guys over more mature men.

And some men see that ... and are too foolish to realize that the women making that decision are the foolish ones anyway.

But the idea that being in some way ungodly is a more effective route to happiness than God's way is one of Satan's ancient lies. Men and women alike are often prone to believing it.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Nine Signs of Conversion
Posted : 15 Oct, 2015 07:40 AM

Good points, especially those raised by ETCallHome.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10