Author Thread
Linnie41

View Profile
Seventh-day Adventists: Cult or Christian?
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 03:35 PM

Yes, we ARE to say something when people are being misled:

Titus 1:9 "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it."

Linnie41

View Profile
Tristan 07 (Alex)
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 03:22 PM

Lol - yes, Phoebe. He's back. He did delete his profile, but came back on.

Linnie41

View Profile
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 03:03 PM

And DHTM, "Ellen White is not the leader, she is not higher or even on the same level as the bible. She even says it herself."

Too bad that's not what your church says:

"Many rank-and-file SDA members deny that their organization any longer decrees Ellen G. White a God-inspired prophet. Yet in SDA official publications, the SDA church continues to defend Ellen White legends, and maintain there was no difference in the degree of inspiration she received from that received by Bible writers (Review & Herald, 4 October 1928, p. 11; "Source of Final Appeal," Adventist Review, 3 June 1971, pp. 4�6; G. A. Irwin, Mark of the Beast, p. 1; "The Inspiration and Authority of the Ellen G. White Writings," Adventist Review, 15 July 1982, p. 3; Ministry, October 1981, p. 8 (5); see also, Judged by the Gospel, pp. 125�130). And in the SDA June 2000, General Conference, the church voted to more aggressively affirm and support the "Spirit of Prophecy through the ministry of Ellen White" (Adventist Today, [online: July 2000]). "

Snap out of it. This is a decision that will decide your place in eternity.

Linnie41

View Profile
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 03:00 PM

The Bible lists six identifying marks of false prophets, any ONE of which is sufficient for identification:

(1) through signs and wonders they lead astray after false gods (Dt. 13:1-4);

(2) their prophecies don't come to pass (Dt. 18:20-22);

(3) they contradict God's Word (Isa. 8:20);

(4) they bear bad fruit (Mt. 7:18-20);

(5) men speak well of them (Lk. 6:26); and

(6) they deny that Jesus, the one and only Christ, has come once and for all in the flesh (1 Jn. 4:3), thereby denying His sufficiency in all matters of life and godliness (2 Pe. 1:3).

Pay special attention to #2 as you read this. The following is from 7th Day Adventist writings:

"Old Jerusalem never would be built up" (Early Writings, p. 75)

Ellen White claimed she would be alive at the Rapture (Early Writings, pp. 15-16)

Christ would return before slavery was abolished (Early Writings, pp. 35, 276)

Adventists living in 1856 would be alive at the Rapture (Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 3, pp. 131-132)

These were prophecies given by Ellen White. She was a false prophet and the Bible warned us about her. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this religion is a cult. God made it very clear.

I pray for those involved that your eyes may be opened to the true God.

Linnie41

View Profile
good bye my freinds
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 02:08 PM

Good to have you back and good to see you're doing well. You had us worried!

Linnie41

View Profile
Reluctance to give out phone number> What does it mean?
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 02:02 PM

Yes - I saved it. This is one of them that I played with. I'll send you the whole correspondence - it's pretty funny.

I guess it's a lot of things combined, plus experience with them that makes them easy to pick out to me. I've been given email addresses by people that weren't scammers, too - I think you're right about the IM address - it seems if they want to talk to you away from the site you're on, that's a sure sign, too. They know they're going to be reported, so they want to get you to a different place - one they can't be kicked off of.

Linnie41

View Profile
Tristan 07 (Alex)
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 12:08 PM

Thanks for the update! Will continue to pray for him - please keep us posted on his progress!

Linnie41

View Profile
Reluctance to give out phone number> What does it mean?
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 11:52 AM

No - this is what I mean: (This is a real email I got on Myspace)

"Hello Pretty, Hopefully you had a good and beautiful day... I am Mcdaniel JOHNSON.. ..i was born right in us Washington DC, am 5.9ft tall and 153pounds,love to make friends with people and I love putting a smile on the faces of people every time ... ..... I saw your profile when i was looking in through the member goofing research ...watch your loving cute smiling face on the photo and I think that you are cute attractive pleasan Hello....t to 'eye and an feel I should leave a note for you. .. (Doux) to express my feelings let me say you really look so attractive, cos there are some people u can never fail to notice cos of their shinning qualities..u must really be a nice person cos u really look pretty....And although we can get to chat on instant messaging, Mine is ([email protected]) Am on Yahoo Messenger Now I am online or you write me a note here or via my box i will wait to Heard from you so we can better chat online."

1.) His profile description was in perfect English - no grammatical or spelling errors whatsoever.

2.) I had a joke picture up (the only one I had up) with Mr. Bean's face imposed on a woman's body. Not at all pretty.

3.) I stick with my original post that if someone gives you their email address in the very first contact they make with you, 9 times out of 10, they are a scammer. Especially if the rest of the message is in broken English.

Linnie41

View Profile
Interracial dating- God's will?
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 07:26 PM

I just left "pastor" Lawrence a comment on that thread. Feel free to read it (if it's even still there - I'm guessing it will be deleted by his staff).

Do NOT listen to this guy. He clearly has some sort of prejudice or simply doesn't understand what the Bible says. I was shocked that this would come from someone calling themselves a pastor. This is another "wolf" that the bible speaks of - he's not to be trusted or listened to.

There is still a lot of prejudice in this world - rise above it and let Jesus light shine through you.

Blessings,

Lynn

Linnie41

View Profile
TO LADIES How to handle requests for personal information
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 05:37 AM

TaxMan, I know exactly what you mean. I'm X alot, too and I still get people looking for Y. I want to write back and say, did you even READ my profile? Lol Also, I've clearly stated in my profile "my IM doesn't work," but I think this is similar to putting a "Wet Paint" sign on a bench. People instinctively have to test it out. :)

Your phone number? You gave it to me on your very first email along with your yahoo chat ID, remember? Ha Ha Ha

Page : 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16