Author Thread: Premarital sex
davesanrn

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 07:29 PM

A woman asked me through the internet, what I thought about premarital sex (in the context of this dating site, not as in my teen age daughter.) The more I think about it, the more murky it becomes. (Maybe I should think so much.) I'm 46, divorced, so in one way, no relations I have can now be premarital sex. On the other hand, I think she was asking to I believe in sex with someone prior to marriage, as in if we started dating, what did I think about premarital sex.

It is all interesting. I had many interesting conversations with my pastor, in the attempt to save my marriage, in which my wife had committed adultry. We went over the verses that addressed divorce. Basically, it said a man had the right to divorce a woman, only if she cheated. But what was not clear to me, was , is a man allowed to remarry someone other than his original wife, and if so, if that was adultry.

Similarly, premarital sex, among two people who are not married, is not adultry. But is is right, is it proper, is it good? Hard to say. I think that sexual relations should only be in the context of a loving relationship, and if that is prior to marriage, I think it is all right. What do you think?

Msjade

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 21 Apr, 2010 06:50 PM

I don't think it is right and I know for sure it isn't right by the Bible. It says that you should refrain yourself from having sex until you are married.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 07:56 PM

The Bible says that sex out side of marriage is called fornication. It is the only sin that is against your own body.

Dolfanatic

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 19 Jul, 2010 06:58 PM

Sex is a wonderful gift from God, to be enjoyed within the context of marriage. It is NEVER acceptable to engage in a sexual relationship outside of marriage. Within marriage, it is a way for husband and wife to draw closer physically, emotionally, and spiritually, especially when both partners (especially the male) makes pleasing the other their primary goal.

As for the divorce question, Matthew 19 mentioned the husband putting away his wife, and there are those who believe that the context is the idea of a separation without a complete divorce. If that is true, then the woman, along with the man she married, would be guilty of adultery. In the first century, it was nearly impossible for a woman to survive on her own, and a man forcing his wife out of the home without divorcing her set her up for a hopeless situation. And, if something less than a complete divorce is being addressed by Jesus, then it would follow that when there is a divorce, then either party could marry again.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 24 Jul, 2010 02:34 PM

I believe the Bible is clear concerning premarital sex. It says

to flee fornication.

It also says let every man have his own wife and every woman have her own husband.

Plus when a couple fasted, and abstained from relations the

Bible says come back together again, lest you be tempted.

Lastly we are supposed to know how to keep our vessels

in sanctification and honor.

Personally, I am not engaging in premarital sex because once

you give a part of yourself away to a man, you can never get it back. I dont want to sin against God for temporary

pleasure. It is not worth it.

Think about it. If God cant bless it, forget it!!!!

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 30 Jul, 2010 06:00 PM

The "Mosaic Law" is simply all the law (not just the ten commandments) that was given through Moses by God to be a covenant between God and man. If Most had even the slightest education into what it says, most wouldn't need this discussion. We've re-created the very definition of marriage. some have made it a sacrament - it's not. It's a lifetime covenant between a man and a woman to be husband and wife forsaking all others. the sexual union is it's bond. Once made, it is not to be broken.

We live under a covenant of Grace now based on the shed blood of Christ. Sin is still sin. However, confession and repentance sets us right with God again as if we've never sinned. God forgives and forgets. It's about time supposed Christians do to. To fail to do is to mock Christ. One who does not understand and accept that isn't a Christian

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 17 Aug, 2010 10:05 PM

I know..according to the Bible....that premarital sex is fornication...and fornication IS a sin.

I didnt say it..God did.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 23 Aug, 2010 07:40 PM

About two and a half years into being "single" again, I was asked to become involved in leadership in a rather large singles ministry at the church I attend. Premarital sex was a topic that came up often. Many of us, who now found ourselves single, had a wonderfully expressive sensual relationship with our spouses...for many years! And some found that it's difficult, at best, to start over again in refraining from the desires to express a "new found love" in a "right" way.

In all it's glory, we were created to praise God in that aspect of relationship...He delights in our union in Him! But, it is reserved for the wedding bed, as the most intimate of expression of a commitment made in HOLY matrimony! And the JOY of having a clear heart by honoring God in this through purity before marriage, has such a wonderful eternal blessing to it!

It doesn't matter what I think in my flesh, and it saddens me that some of the opinions shared in this forum don't even have the reflection of God's word in them....because man, left to himself, will destroy himself in all aspects of his life.

God's word throughout the bible is very clear about premarital sex...don't. But isn't it amazing that He promises that He will never allow us to be tempted beyond what we can endure? And that He ALWAYS leaves a way out? We just have to choose to honor Him...

About two weeks before this topic was going to be discussed, I was overcome with the wonderful sense of being complete, right where I was at now, in my singleness. And in a reflection time of prayer, these words came to me. I hope that they convey the wonder and love of our heavenly Father as you read them.

Just think...He is preparing the heart of the one He has chosen for you...should that even be His will for you and for me.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

--------------------------

For what...

But for a moment of pleasure�I should I should give up my �safe� place in your presence Lord? I should have to cower in my prayer as I approach you�in my sin? How can I approach your throne in prayer when I am consumed to my flesh?

I can�t! I just can't! I need to come to you surrendered�seeking the comfort of your ever-loving arms. Trusting diligently in your promise of blessing�through obedience to your Spirit and the precepts of your word!

For what? But for a moments pleasure?

What is that compared to your everlasting peace Oh Lord?

beulahwoman

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 15 Jul, 2011 05:50 PM

You are so right. Premarital sex is "Sin" and fornication!!!

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 12 Apr, 2012 07:39 PM

Yes,"if that is prior to marriage, I think it is all right."

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Apr, 2012 11:01 PM

We are forbidden to remarry a former spouse who has remarried after we are divorced from them or if we remarried after being divorced from them. The passage below is teaching a principle, not a specific scenario.

Deuteronomy 24: (ESV)

1 �When a man takes a wife and marries her, if then she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, and she departs out of his house, 2 and if she goes and becomes another man�s wife, 3 and the latter man hates her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter man dies, who took her to be his wife, 4 then her former husband, who sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after she has been defiled, for that is an abomination before the Lord. And you shall not bring sin upon the land that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance.

By the way, premarital sex is definitely forbidden, because all sex outside of marriage is forbidden, and marriage can only be between a man and a woman. I challenge anyone to present scriptural support to the contrary.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9