Author Thread: Premarital sex
davesanrn

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 07:29 PM

A woman asked me through the internet, what I thought about premarital sex (in the context of this dating site, not as in my teen age daughter.) The more I think about it, the more murky it becomes. (Maybe I should think so much.) I'm 46, divorced, so in one way, no relations I have can now be premarital sex. On the other hand, I think she was asking to I believe in sex with someone prior to marriage, as in if we started dating, what did I think about premarital sex.

It is all interesting. I had many interesting conversations with my pastor, in the attempt to save my marriage, in which my wife had committed adultry. We went over the verses that addressed divorce. Basically, it said a man had the right to divorce a woman, only if she cheated. But what was not clear to me, was , is a man allowed to remarry someone other than his original wife, and if so, if that was adultry.

Similarly, premarital sex, among two people who are not married, is not adultry. But is is right, is it proper, is it good? Hard to say. I think that sexual relations should only be in the context of a loving relationship, and if that is prior to marriage, I think it is all right. What do you think?

alwaysbsam1

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 24 Mar, 2009 07:53 PM

i TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, SISTER! THANKS FOR YOUR STAND! I PRAY GOD WILL BLESS YOU MUCH!

shelia

alwaysbsam1

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 24 Mar, 2009 07:58 PM

4Godly1,

Thanks for your post! It really encourages me to see that there are a few men left out there who want to live right.....and actually knows right from wrong.

There are so many terrible consequences we go thru when we don't follow God's plan for our life!

God Bless You!

shelia

jrfan

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 04:33 PM

sex outside of marriage is wrong! no if ands or buts. you can condon anything if you thinkit fits your liking.if it was okay then why would paul say it is better to mary than burn with desire,

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 06:57 PM

The Bible is clear that sex should be between a husband and wife. In regards to someone who is divorced, you made a vow to her even if she broke hers to you. Don't follow her example.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 22 Apr, 2009 03:43 PM

4godly1 had a great response to this question.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 1 May, 2009 11:22 PM

You are correct. Sexual relations are intended for the marrage bed. Sex was created by God and therefore considered beautiful between two people that have become one in the eyes of God.

Unfortunately, those of us who have engaged in premarital sex will not experience the beauty of the wedding night as God intended it to be, nonetheless, it will be wholesome in Gods eyes.

Thank God that he has forgiven me for not following his plans for me when I was still a sinner.

Amen?? :) and God Bless.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 10 May, 2009 09:26 AM

Such great posts...I will not now nor ever condone premarital sex...I have learned my lesson the hard way over the years...My ex wife and I did have premarital sex and we paid for it...We both prayed and asked for forgiveness...We then got married and their was this heavy weight that was lifted off our shoulders...Our marriage didn't last that long but I refuse to give into my flesh until I remarry again...How can I be blessed if I continue to be disobedient...It can be hard at times and God knows that...You have to pray and stay in the word...Just be like Joseph and run!!! Their has been so many examples about fornication/adultery that was posted...I commend all who choose to wait...May God truly bless and keep you...

Eddie

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 23 May, 2009 12:57 PM

I love this post discussion!! Absolutely, God created sexaul relations with married man and woman in mind. If we keep our focus on God, He can sustain you. Our standards on this issue have to be higher than what the world views. Without comprimise.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 24 May, 2009 06:50 AM

"Do not stir up nor awaken love Until it pleases." Song of Solomon 8:4.

"God blessed them and said be fruitful and multiply." Gen.

Why have sex which is outside of God's blessing or God's timing?

gastonlv

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 08:28 AM

Read your Bibles people! Ever heard the word fornication? It amazes me how we try and rationalize sex before marriage (or any other sin for that matter). There is no provision allowing sex outside of marriage. It's either considered fornication, prostitution or adultery. God made it this way to save you from diseases and to build a relationship on trust. You don't go around trying other people on like a pair of shoes.

I've been divorced since 2003 and have had NO sex outside marriage. I want to honor God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and don't care what society wants to put on me.

If you can't keep it in your pants at least be honest enough to say you are a weak sinner. Don't try and rationalize the Word of God!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9