Author Thread: Premarital sex
davesanrn

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 07:29 PM

A woman asked me through the internet, what I thought about premarital sex (in the context of this dating site, not as in my teen age daughter.) The more I think about it, the more murky it becomes. (Maybe I should think so much.) I'm 46, divorced, so in one way, no relations I have can now be premarital sex. On the other hand, I think she was asking to I believe in sex with someone prior to marriage, as in if we started dating, what did I think about premarital sex.

It is all interesting. I had many interesting conversations with my pastor, in the attempt to save my marriage, in which my wife had committed adultry. We went over the verses that addressed divorce. Basically, it said a man had the right to divorce a woman, only if she cheated. But what was not clear to me, was , is a man allowed to remarry someone other than his original wife, and if so, if that was adultry.

Similarly, premarital sex, among two people who are not married, is not adultry. But is is right, is it proper, is it good? Hard to say. I think that sexual relations should only be in the context of a loving relationship, and if that is prior to marriage, I think it is all right. What do you think?

inrestoration

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 10 Jun, 2012 10:55 AM

I believe that most people confuse a spiritual marriage made by God to one of the many contractual or covenant marriages made by man. And for a fact in the state of Missouri, it says that marriage is a civil contract. This has to be a lie in Gods eyes, for He says;

Genesis 2:24

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Matthew 19:5

And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Matthew 19:6

Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Mark 10:8

And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

What a fallacy it is to presume that man can marry two people. That is something that only God can do!!! Man contrives all kinds of methods to control or keep two people together for many reasons. Simply put, marriage is a condition of the heart, and sometimes only the person and God know that condition. The woman at the well thought that only she knew that she wasn't in a marriage. But when Jesus asked her to get her husband she said that she had no husband. Then Jesus told her what she thought nobody knew except herself, that she had been married five times, but the one that she was with now was not her husband. She was astounded to find out that someone else knew that, because she had not told anyone. How many people pretending to be married are not married in God's eyes, and how many that are married in God's eyes are not in man's eyes.

Likewise, fornication is a condition of the heart. Flippant sex without commitment is fornication, but certainly sex with a commitment of the heart is not fornication, as indicated by these scriptures.

1 Corinthians 7:9

But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Corinthians 7:36

But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.

May the callings and gifts of the spirit be in operation to guide, instruct, and protect those in the "Body of Christ". We live and see a fallen world all around, and more and more prevalent in the christians.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 09:59 AM

great sharing:)

sing2hymn

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 15 Sep, 2012 08:44 AM

Sounds nice, but it can really hurt a marriage afterwards. God says he hates fornicators.

If you REALLY love a person that much and believe God has brought you together, get to know one another ad develop a relationship in The Lord. When the commitment is made and the covenant vows are said, God will bless the sexual realm abundantly! God loves us so much, He is trying to protect us from hurting someone and ourselves. We have the rest of our lives to play around and have fun!! :applause::peace:

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 8 Nov, 2012 01:59 PM

You talk as if you have grown well enough in the Word of God about the boundries of sexual issues. I don't believe you needed to ask your pastor. The Holy Spirit has already taught you. Anybody can justifiy anything if they really want too. Brother stick to the Word of God and you will reap the benefits in due time...Stay strong in the Lord and in the power of His might

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 8 Nov, 2012 02:19 PM

No it would not be adultry but fornication, sexual relations between two unmarried people...keep yourself pure, unspotted from this world. In this arena, if your having sexual relations with "someone you love" (which could be many, it is possible to love more than one person) than what keeps you from being different from this world.

Sexual relations brings you into covenant, "The two shall become One" A covenant cannot be broken, One divided by one is still one" If a biblical divorce has occurred, you are freed from that covenant, Jesus said so.

Soul ties are formed when sexual relation happens, You become all that, that person is and that that person becomes all you are. (Two become One) Thats where all the baggage comes in with another relationship.

Repentance and breaking of soul ties must be dealt with..

I am in no way an expert on this subject, believe me I have been married more than once for biblical reasons and have learned the hard way. I know God has a great plan and purpose got you brother, including a wife, for it is NOT good for man to be alone... Praying God's best for you!

TRUTHWARRIORESS

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 3 Mar, 2013 01:37 PM

It is hard to believe we are having this kind of question on a CHRISTIAN internet dating site..However, always go to the Word, it is quite clear on this subject. Sex outside of the confines of marriage, which God ordained is always going to end of destruction. I know this from life experience and before that ...God is clear about this. He doesn't want us to be unclear about it.

Colossians 3:5 -- Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: fornication, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Galatians 5:19-21 -- Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Mark 7:20-23 -- And Jesus said, "What comes out of a man is what defiles a man. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, fornication, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a man."

IT DEFILES US..I CAN ATTEST TO THIS

for�ni�ca�tion

[ f�wrni k�ysh'n ]

1.consenting sex involving somebody unmarried: sexual intercourse between two consenting adults who are not married to each other

2.sexual behavior considered immoral: in the Bible, sexual intercourse between a man and woman who are not married, or any form of sexual behavior considered to be immoral

IS THERE REALLY A QUESTION ON THIS?

preacherbarb

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 14 Jul, 2013 07:57 PM

Well - this answer probably wil not be popular but it is not an opinion - it is in the Word. We should not paticipate in fronication. Fornication means having sexual encounters with someone and you aren't married. Sexual intimacy was desingned for those who are married. Single people are to remain pure until they marry. If a person is divorced and start dating again, they must not fornicate. The man and woman must wait until they are marriage.

Minister barb~

preacherbarb

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 27 Jul, 2013 03:43 PM

I agree with you 100%

And even if I didn't agree with you...it is very clear in Scripture that sex OUTSIDE of marriage is fornication. PERIOD!

Eric1967

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 3 Aug, 2013 02:56 AM

In the New Testament, when Jesus was asked about divorce, He replied that Moses gave permission to divorce because of the hardness of their hearts. He said that in the beginning it was not this way. Jesus continued, "Haven't you read that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh?" So they are no longer two but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" (Matthew 19:4-6). This means that no man; not a judge, a preacher, Moses or even himself has the power to sever the bond.

The apostle Paul added to the teachings of Jesus what is called the "Pauline privilege." According to this concept, Paul taught that if an unbelieving spouse leaves a believer, the believer is not bound to the marriage relationship, but is free to remarry" IF and ONLY IF the unbeliever leaves the believer BECAUSE of the believers faith in Jesus Christ.

Eric1967

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 3 Aug, 2013 03:02 AM

Also, as to the question of Premarital Sex. Sex is an act of procreation, or, continuing the line. It is explicitly reserved for a Husband and a Wife. That is to say; your husband or your wife, Period!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9