Author Thread: Premarital sex
davesanrn

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 07:29 PM

A woman asked me through the internet, what I thought about premarital sex (in the context of this dating site, not as in my teen age daughter.) The more I think about it, the more murky it becomes. (Maybe I should think so much.) I'm 46, divorced, so in one way, no relations I have can now be premarital sex. On the other hand, I think she was asking to I believe in sex with someone prior to marriage, as in if we started dating, what did I think about premarital sex.

It is all interesting. I had many interesting conversations with my pastor, in the attempt to save my marriage, in which my wife had committed adultry. We went over the verses that addressed divorce. Basically, it said a man had the right to divorce a woman, only if she cheated. But what was not clear to me, was , is a man allowed to remarry someone other than his original wife, and if so, if that was adultry.

Similarly, premarital sex, among two people who are not married, is not adultry. But is is right, is it proper, is it good? Hard to say. I think that sexual relations should only be in the context of a loving relationship, and if that is prior to marriage, I think it is all right. What do you think?

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 02:22 PM

yes you just might be right

and yes walk with god

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 11:20 AM

the Bible is crystal clear: if you are not married, physical intimate contact is a sin! period! this means no premarital sex. if a man or a woman cannot control themselves before marriage, how can the partner have any faith that that person will be able to control them self after marriage? as to remarriage, if the person has a Biblical divorce, then remarriage will be blessed. if the divorce is not Biblical, then any remarriage will not be blessed. i am shocked that anyone who claims to be a CHRISTIAN would not understand these concepts. it shows that they think they can invent GOD'S will to suit their lusts. the HOLY SPIRIT'S indwelling will always lead to truth, while our carnel selves will always lead to sin.

The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:13-20

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 20 Sep, 2009 09:34 PM

It appears that the Bible qualifies marriage as the actual act of sexual intercourse. So your not making love, your making marriage!

Personally I look at premarital sex this way: Out of the framework of a commited / monogamus / life long commitment between 1 man and 1 woman, we reduce the awesome God given gift of sex, down to a mere bodily function, such as urinating, or having a bowel movement! How sad that is, when God designed sex to be the most awesome, satifying, act of love, expressed between a husband and wife!

:angel:

daddyray

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 12:41 AM

LEON,

I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO POST THOSE SCRIPTURES. I'D LIKE TO READ THEM.

RIGHT NOW, I AM TORN, AND WONDERING ABOUT IT ALL.

GETTING MARRIED, AND SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE

RAYMOND

JimA

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 3 Nov, 2009 05:26 PM

The Bible is clear on this subject. Sex outside of marriage between one man and one woman is sin. Once your ex-wife has been with another man, forget going back to her (read Deuteronomy 24:1-4) as the scripture clearly states that wife swapping is an abomination in the eyes of GOD.

XenosGuy2009

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 4 Nov, 2009 06:51 AM

How does NT "seem" to state that you may remarry? The apostle Paul wrote that those who separate (divorce) must either remain unmarried or be reconiled. The only exception explicitly stated is that one may divorce and remarry for the cause of adultery.

cologreeneyedgirl

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 10:47 AM

Robin,

Just wanted to say you are "right on" with your comments and advice. I commend you for being a strong Christian woman with unyielding values---and yes, some men look at divorced or widowed women as easy marks. Those kinds of men are "preditors" and not the type God wants for His daughters to begin with. God continue to bless your work on the Praise Team and finding a mate.

MsDilly

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 14 Nov, 2009 07:31 AM

I think God's word is clear about sex outside of marriage. If you cannont control your lusts, then marry. I'm not exactly sure where this is in the Bible, but it is in there. And technically the Bible says is you marry someone who is divorced your are causing them to be guilty of adultry. I know God's word says that adultry is the only viable reason for divorce, but I think there are more. Physical, mental abuse would be one in my opinion. I was married and divorced twice befor I accepted Christ as my savior. Does that mean that I am and adultress? I have abstained from sexual relations since my second divorce. I'm waiting for the Lord to bring someone special into my life. Why give ourselves away before marriage, when there is no guarantee outside of marriage that it is going to work. Once married we make every effort to make it work. It is a job, we are expected to make it work. It is not a quick fix, or an easy proposition, it takes work, give and take and lots of compromise.

Dolly:applause:

gastonlv

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 09:17 AM

That's the problem with living in a post modern "Christian" world. We quit reading the Bible and letting it speak to us and instead read it to fit our wants, needs and desires. Jesus said if you look at another woman with lust you are committing adultery. He didn't say a "married" woman. He said a woman. It is adultery against the relationship you have with Him for one but it also shows what's in your heart. A wandering eye is the same thing. If you are married you should strive to make your wife the object of your affection. It's the second most important covenant you will ever make. The first being your covenant to Christ.

Fornication is sex outside of marriage, period. God may have tolerated but He has never condoned it. Whether you are a virgin or not, divorced or not, sex outside marriage is sin and fornication.

Most sincere Christians struggle to live holy lives but we live in a fallen world inside corrupt bodies that unfortunately, love sin. So, in effect, we all sin. Gal 5:19 talks about the deeds of the flesh which include ALL sins. It says those who "practice" these things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Not those who "stumble" or "struggle" with these things.

If you are looking for excuses to sin, then I would have to wonder if your even saved. If you are struggling to live a pure life and are weak, that's another story. I myself would not flirt with how much sin I can get away with.

God is Holy and he wants you to be the same. Set apart. having a heart after Him. Wanting to do the things that please Him.

So, let's at least be honest about sin... You can't fool God. You can only fool yourself and live in deception and lies. 1 John says it in a nutshell...

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." 1 John 1:5-10

Are we practicing the truth? Are we practicing sin (And denying it as such) and making Him out to be a liar?

gastonlv

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 09:23 AM

See how deceptive sin is? you yourself said, "you felt you were being blessed" and yet, you asked for forgiveness.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9