Author Thread: Premarital sex
davesanrn

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 07:29 PM

A woman asked me through the internet, what I thought about premarital sex (in the context of this dating site, not as in my teen age daughter.) The more I think about it, the more murky it becomes. (Maybe I should think so much.) I'm 46, divorced, so in one way, no relations I have can now be premarital sex. On the other hand, I think she was asking to I believe in sex with someone prior to marriage, as in if we started dating, what did I think about premarital sex.

It is all interesting. I had many interesting conversations with my pastor, in the attempt to save my marriage, in which my wife had committed adultry. We went over the verses that addressed divorce. Basically, it said a man had the right to divorce a woman, only if she cheated. But what was not clear to me, was , is a man allowed to remarry someone other than his original wife, and if so, if that was adultry.

Similarly, premarital sex, among two people who are not married, is not adultry. But is is right, is it proper, is it good? Hard to say. I think that sexual relations should only be in the context of a loving relationship, and if that is prior to marriage, I think it is all right. What do you think?

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 09:10 PM

i dont mean to sound like a prude but i think GOD wants that part of a relationship saved for marrage.i cant quote the exact verses but im sure your pastor could help.he sounds pretty open to questions.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 09:39 PM

I have been called "ridged" because I do have a moral code. I am as hot blooded as the next woman but.......I do believe that sexual relations between two single people was referred to as fornication. I have been invited to have these relationships on many occasions, lately, but how could I sing on the Praise Team? I'm not sure if older men view a once married woman as an easy target...mmm...Anyway, I do believe you are free to marry again but not your ex-wife, according to the Bible...Could someone out there verify this????

Robin

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 11:11 PM

You are correct, if you are following Mosaic Law. However God, the Father addressed this issue through His prophets, and made it abundantly clear that it was man's law, not His.

NT doctrine seems to state that you may remarry if divorced. What other purpose would divorce serve? Originally divorce was a legal document allowing remarriage.

As for taking a wife back after she has been with another, it was one of David's conditions to being king. They had to force his first wife from her husband at the time, and give her back to him.

Is this what you were wanting to know? I will add scripture references if you need them.

Love and peace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 19 Dec, 2008 02:26 AM

Premarital sex is not adultery i agree..but it is fornication.Jesus said flee from fornication..moreso read Rev2:21,22..

Remember..you have the image of God, you are too precious for that abuse..

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 19 Dec, 2008 03:29 AM

Unless you are both virgins, it is adultery. The first person you have sex with is your spouse, I don't know many that have a Biblical divorce from every lover they have had.

This line of thinking is one of the reasons we have so many preachers getting involved in sex scandals in recent years. It is just one of the ways we try to justify defying God.

In His service,

Leon

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 19 Dec, 2008 12:40 PM

12/19/08 3:27 pm

:angel:

The Word of God says we are not to indulge in fornication - no pre-marital sex.

**Acts 14:20 I Cor 5:1, 9 I Cor 7:2

**Acts 14:29 I Cor 6:13 I Cor 10:8

**Acts 21:25 1 Cor 6:18

The Word of God lists three exceptions to re-marriage after divorce.

1) Fornication - Matt 19:9

2) Unbelief - I Cor 7:6-13

3) Death - I Cor 7:8-9

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be ye not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

AMEN

:angel:

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 19 Dec, 2008 02:34 PM

Amen, great post.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 19 Dec, 2008 10:03 PM

No ...I just remember reading about it and discussing it. I just needed confirmation. Thanks a bunch...Robin

MissJoy

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 02:33 PM

This has become a gray area for me, the premarital sex issue. A friend once asked me the same question and then followed it with, "what exactly does the Bible constitute as marriage? It is the joining of a man and woman through physical consumation." But if that were the case, then I am afraid lots of men and women out there are "married" without even knowing it. It is sad to me that men and women don't get it when it comes to the physical aspect of relationships. God should be in the center of loving relationship, and if we are consumed with physical desires for someone that we are not married to, then I am not sure the Lord would show favor on that. So, a good rule to live by might be: "When in doubt, do without."

jezcie

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 24 Dec, 2008 09:38 AM

Premarital sex is just as much of a sin as adultery and all other forms of sexual immorality. They all involve having sexual relations with someone you are not married to.

.(1 Corinthians 6:13).

"�The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body".

Yes, sex is pleasurable. God, our Creator, designed it that way. It may be hard to think of God creating sex, but He did! In God's plan, sex was designed for married couples to enjoy the pleasure and excitement of sexual relations. Sex is for reproduction. God commands against premarital sex in order to protect unmarried people from unwanted pregnancies, from children born to parents who do not want them, and to protect children from parents who are not prepared for them.Imagine, for a moment, a world without premarital sex. There would be no sexually-transmitted diseases, there would be no un-wed mothers, there would be no unwanted pregnancies, there would be no abortions, etc.

Hebrews 13:4, "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."

Most Christian churches treat divorce negatively; however, different Christian denominations vary in their toleration of it. The Roman Catholic Church treats all consummated sacramental marriages as permanent during the life of the spouses, and therefore does not allow remarriage after a divorce if the other spouse still lives and the marriage has not been annulled. However, divorced Catholics are still welcome to participate fully in the life of the church so long as they have not remarried against church law, and the Catholic Church generally requires civil divorce or annulment procedures to have completed before it will consider annulment cases. Other Christian denominations, including the Eastern Orthodox Church and many Protestant churches, will allow both divorce and remarriage even with a surviving former spouse, at least under certain conditions. In societies that practiced Puritanism, they were allowed divorce if one partner in the marriage was not completely satisfied with the other. They were, however, allowed to remarry.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11

"Let not the wife depart from her husband...let not the husband put away his wife".

Romans 7:2-3

"For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth...So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress".

Amen...:peace:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9