Author Thread: Premarital sex
davesanrn

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 07:29 PM

A woman asked me through the internet, what I thought about premarital sex (in the context of this dating site, not as in my teen age daughter.) The more I think about it, the more murky it becomes. (Maybe I should think so much.) I'm 46, divorced, so in one way, no relations I have can now be premarital sex. On the other hand, I think she was asking to I believe in sex with someone prior to marriage, as in if we started dating, what did I think about premarital sex.

It is all interesting. I had many interesting conversations with my pastor, in the attempt to save my marriage, in which my wife had committed adultry. We went over the verses that addressed divorce. Basically, it said a man had the right to divorce a woman, only if she cheated. But what was not clear to me, was , is a man allowed to remarry someone other than his original wife, and if so, if that was adultry.

Similarly, premarital sex, among two people who are not married, is not adultry. But is is right, is it proper, is it good? Hard to say. I think that sexual relations should only be in the context of a loving relationship, and if that is prior to marriage, I think it is all right. What do you think?

gastonlv

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 08:37 AM

I agree with you Lois. God is so good and wants the best for us. He does not change with shifting world views.

The reason God only allows divorce for adultery is because He holds the marriage covenant as high as the blood covenant we made with Christ. it is a mirror covenant.

When the two become one, they really are one in His sight. If one member of that covenant begins having sex with someone outside, they now have formed a covenant of three (or more). One innocent, the rest guilty. That's why it's called adultery, a perversion of something sacred.

God will not hold the innocent to that adulterated covenant. They can divorce themselves and are free to marry again.

In the case of abuse, God provides for separation so the covenant can remain intact. You can't divorce because of abuse. Not because God is hateful but because the covenant has nothing to do with the flesh. It is a spiritual bond that can only be broken through adultary.

Hope some of that made sense

carlmay629

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 03:25 PM

It is called "fornication" and you do own your own Bible, right? Why would you need to ask a Pastor whether or not you could remarry after putting away a wife that committed adultery? Adultery and Fornication come in many forms, by the way, all of the definitions and their wages are quite clearly and well defined in those same books, chapters and verses of the Bible. Ask yourself this, if I am calling myself a Christian, does that mean I'm trying to follow the teachings of Christ, and walk in His path?

Did his path include fornication (pre-marital sex) He did say that we are not married nor given in marriage when we all meet in the kingdom of heaven. Please pray about your life, keep in touch with your Creator through His son that was sent to give His life for your sins, so you didn't have to any longer go out and find a perfect sheep, or goat, or even dove to sacrifice for atonement of your sins. The Bible man, pick it up, read it, full of the best advice known to us here on earth.

Be careful asking another man, ask God

Praying for you, and for your soul, God Bless!

carlmay629

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 03:30 PM

Mosaic law? Hmmm, what Bible are you reading? Bible according to George? Hahaha, uhm...better check into the term Mosiac law again, and try to figure out where that statement or tag even came from. Also, when you start quoting the "Bible" perhaps it wise to remember that Paul said, not one bit or tittle of God's word will be changed

carlmay629

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 03:32 PM

wow, uhm, wish I could say your threads and comments made sense...just can't, sorry brother

carlmay629

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 03:34 PM

Amen brother! And thank you for being the one that actually brings the Word of God into this discussion, Praise God an actual servant and clearly someone living in His truth!

Bretbelieves

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 06:10 PM

you r correct

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 08:03 PM

Check out Hosea. God actually made him buy back his adulterous, prostitute wife.

cologreeneyedgirl

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 12:14 PM

The Bible makes very clear the difference between pre-marital sex which is referred to as "fronication" and the act of Adultery which is the unfaithfulness of a spouse sexually or mentally (Christ said...."if you look with lust in your heart...you have altready committed adultery in your heart) or can also be referred to as a person who is involved sexually with someoen that is still the spouse of another.

NO WHERE does the Bible say, or condone that sex outside the binds of marriage is right or good. Rather....the Lord Jesus himself included "fornication" in the list of "sins of the flesh"--- and stated that those that did so would along with all liars, homosexuals, drunkards, etc ...not enter into the kingdom of heaven. So, if one will just read the first 4 gospels...Matthew, Mark, Luke and John...they alone make all this clear.

Walk with God and do right in His eyes always.

Calray

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 02:08 PM

If a women commits adultery God said to give her a bill of divorce. At that time you are free of her to go on your way. If you want a divorce just to marry another woman God does not recognize this. Just as King David sent Uriah the Hittite out to the front of the battle to get killed that he may have Bethsheba the wife of Uriah. God let the newborn son of David and Bethsheba die. If a woman wants another and commits adultery you have the right to divorce her and remarry if you do not feel that your differences can be reconciled. God is not a god of anger but, of love. No matter how hard you may try you can't solve every problem that comes your way. Chances are God is moving you in a different direction now. He wants you happy and you probably were not. I hope this helped. Say a prayer and do what you have to do and do not feel quilty. It was not you who strayed.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 10:26 PM

DAVE---Study a little deeper in the word! The situation you described is not adultry---IT'S FORNICATION. And whosoever does these things will not inherit the KINGDOM OF GOD!!! Your brother in CHRIST

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9