Author Thread: Premarital sex
davesanrn

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 18 Dec, 2008 07:29 PM

A woman asked me through the internet, what I thought about premarital sex (in the context of this dating site, not as in my teen age daughter.) The more I think about it, the more murky it becomes. (Maybe I should think so much.) I'm 46, divorced, so in one way, no relations I have can now be premarital sex. On the other hand, I think she was asking to I believe in sex with someone prior to marriage, as in if we started dating, what did I think about premarital sex.

It is all interesting. I had many interesting conversations with my pastor, in the attempt to save my marriage, in which my wife had committed adultry. We went over the verses that addressed divorce. Basically, it said a man had the right to divorce a woman, only if she cheated. But what was not clear to me, was , is a man allowed to remarry someone other than his original wife, and if so, if that was adultry.

Similarly, premarital sex, among two people who are not married, is not adultry. But is is right, is it proper, is it good? Hard to say. I think that sexual relations should only be in the context of a loving relationship, and if that is prior to marriage, I think it is all right. What do you think?

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 10:38 PM

your absoluty correct.

bless ya lovely lady!

marion.:applause:

JimA

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 05:36 PM

Read Deuteronomy 24:1-4. It prevents wife swapping. If a man's wife left him and committed adultery or vice versa, then there is no biblical basis for that same man and woman to remarry. Then, the innocent party may remarry with GOD's blessing.

However, there is a need for wisdom in choosing whom to date and marry. In the sermon on the mount in Matt 5:32 GOD the Son told us "But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

This paragraph is an application statement for the above quoted Matthew 5:32. A man whose wife committed adultery and he is now free to remarry needs to consider the following. If a woman is divorced and this man that is free to remarry considers dating her must know that if that divorced woman's husband did not commit adultery, then that man who is free to remarry cannot marry that divorced woman without committing adultery.

Finally, any sex outside the marriage covenant between a man and a woman is SIN. The Holy Bible (King James Version) is completely clear about that. And we could gather together every preacher and priest and president and king that every lived to make a joint proclamation that sex outside of the man-woman marital relationship is not sin, and it would still be sin. We do not count, GOD's word does. Except for the christians alive at the rapture, all flesh will disappear from every man's bones, and we will all appear before GOD, some destined for heaven because they have a regenerate life in Christ being justified by HIS blood but the majority will reside in hell. Sad but true. Given that GOD does not change and his laws are immutable, why do we waste our time trying to rewrite the Bible? Man could burn every copy of the Bible on earth and it would not change a thing.

Notpit10

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 05:56 PM

Hopeful123, I totally disagree. Read the other posts and scripture verses given. Sexual union is for marriage only.

Notpit10

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 06:04 PM

In response to Hopeful123, I am not sure if you meant outside of marriage or within the marriage union. Within is true, pure and beautiful. Sorry if I misunderstood.

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 06:28 PM

hi.

i do believe the bible is clear about what we should and shouldnt be doing with our lifes.

a man can only remarry another if its because of death or unfaithfulness by a spouse.

otherwise hes free to marry again.

in the context of a man or woman divorseing a person who is a christian and hasnt died or done the unfaithful act ....only then is the time in his life that he cannot marry another because he will need to wait and pray for the relationship to come back together again.

i've heard of pasters who divorse a woman through no cause of her own to marry another woman in there church and they say its quite fine to do that.

i'm pleased i'm not in his congregation.

:purpleangel::waving::angel::applause::boxing:

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 10:35 AM

The bible clearly has another term for pre-marital sex. It is called Fornication. Yes it is not something to just go out and do and then do with another partner when the first doesn't work. I know people fall into sin all the time. I have in the past.

However failing isn't going to make anything right with God. We have so many people who think this is okay to do as long as you think you will marry this person. How about this story.

A man I know is dating a woman who is a christian and he does so for a year. During this year she refuses to give herself to him. Then when the first year passes she is convinced that he really loves her and wants a permannent relationship. She does the dirty with him. He leaves and never comes back.

So do we want to live in God's will and make him first in all things or live in the moment and put God aside for our pleasures. We could live to regret it. I know I would.

Bill1935

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 07:05 PM

The issue of remarrying a former wife is addressed in Deuteronomy 24: 2 through 4 esprcially verse 4 " Her former husband which sent her away, may NOT take her again to be his wifeafter that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the Lord thy Godciveth thee for an inheritance." David reclaiming his exwife was not his only sin. Remember Bathsheba?

Friends4now

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 20 Feb, 2010 07:16 PM

You say it's ok in a loving relationship- I say a loving "marriage" relationship, not to say that it is not wanted in a dating relationship but GOD is the same TODAY, YESTERDAY AND FOREVER, and the bible clearly says that fornicators will not inherit the kingdom of GOD! I truly believe that it is fornication, NOT adultery(which is a married person having sex outside of their own marriage)! Not to say that if a person slips that they will go to hell either, if you repent and turn away from the sin and follow Christ you will, I believe go to heaven, but to willfully sin and commit fornication, that is wrong!

Bill1935

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 22 Feb, 2010 08:31 PM

You are partially correct, If the person you are having sex with outside the marriage bonds is Not married, it is not adultery, It is fornication!! It IS SIN in God's eyes, and He considers it to be an abomination for which (If you do not cease, desist, and repent) you will be judged. There are numerous scriptures by different writers to attest to that fact. LOOK and READ it for yourself. God loves you and does not wish to deprive you of your needs. He is looking out for your best interest and that of your partner by the institution of marriage. (A Lifetime commitment to each other first and foremost. Then you can, within the marriage bond, and with clear conscience, have your needs met.)

View Profile
History
Premarital sex
Posted : 10 Apr, 2010 11:17 AM

your crazy and don't know the book. READ it again!!!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9