Author Thread: A big bad wolf in sheep's clothing
IamHisgirl

View Profile
History
A big bad wolf in sheep's clothing
Posted : 12 Jun, 2011 11:38 AM

Just a word to my sisters. The devil is becoming very crafty at his game and I found myself in a situation where a man on this site had charmed his way into my life and we were very serious very fast. He said the right things, appearing to love the Lord. We planned to get married without input from my family, friends or marriage therapist. Three days before the wedding he moved to my state and within 3 hours of conversing with him in person he was a completely different person, exhibiting signs of bi polar and multi personalities. Of course I called the wedding off regardless to the invitations being sent, deposits paid, dressess and tuxedos, and rings. That's just money you can earn that back but proceeding in marriage because we are lonely, desperate or thinking we cannot do any better is not a good reason. I am very happy I didn't say I do. Sisters please take your time, get to know him in person about a year or longer is sufficient time to see him in all seasons. Don't be afraid to ask your friends and family what they think and get wise biblical counsel before you proceed. It's not worth it. That is too high of an investment in your heart, mind and soul.

sweetspirit500

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2011 08:42 PM

wow..thanks for sharing...:) it's kinda creepy

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2011 02:09 PM

I'm sorry you went through that but I'm sooo thankful to God that you didnt go all the way to the altar.

thanks for sharing.

Soteriangels

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2011 10:08 AM

Wow, u are totally right.

The only way to know is to take time and meet several times.

I met someone in here, i flew to his residential country not far away from mind, he was loving to me, but was always screaming and insulting other ppl, he was angry 7/7, he screamed at other motorists while in the traffic.

My father used to say your house always represent yourself, but it was a mess, no hygiene nothing.

I'd enjoyed my stay at the hotel, and touring around by myself, when he was around me, it was stressful, i will not be able to fall in love with a man who seems to have so much hate for everything, finally in the end, he said he hated tourist, and i actually was a tourist.

I was happy to be back in dubai.

IamHisgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 02:08 PM

My mother use to always tell me that you can't know a lion until you den with one. I am glad you didn't pursue the relationship.

God loves his daughters and only want the best for us according to Jeremiah 29:11.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 09:43 AM

Wow that is scary as! Be careful that could have ended up very bad.. I assure you not all guys are like that but i would definitly say meet the person in a public place and spend ample time before making ANY big decisions wow you could have been hurt or anything be more careful.. God bless

IamHisgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2011 06:57 AM

Thanks for your wisdom. You are so right! I learned a very valuable lesson. I will never do that again. He could have done some serious damage to all of us. I am very disappointed in myself. It only reveals to me my desperation to find someone. The greater lesson I've learned is to be content in whatever state I am in and to allow Jesus to be my source of joy, hope and complete fulfillment. A very expensive lesson however one that will pay great dividends.

EVANGELISTCLEMSY

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2011 02:19 AM

My dear...the Word of God says that we should ''Guard our heart diligently''...and ''Be careful for nothing'' and it also says that the thief comes ''to Steal,to Kill and to destroy''so ..We all need to be very careful, not just on this site but in general...many people are not what they seem to be,and though some do have good intentions,there are others who also have bad intentions too... If we rush into anything in life..we will definitely rush out of it...if we fail to plan,we will plan to fail...but remember ''THE NAME OF THE LORD IS A STRONG TOWER...only the righteous that runs into it are saved''...from everything that is not of God...Yes, we as children of light are SAVED...cos we are the apple of Gods eyes...and know that '' whatever God ordains shall be forever...Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it''. God does it, that men should fear before Him...so keep the faith sister, because ''That which is has already been, And what is to be has already been''...but note ''God requires an account of what is past''...SHALOM!

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2011 09:49 AM

matthew 7:15

(Jesus speaking)

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 06:20 PM

It does not take a year in person to know a person.

Online you do not know a person even after 5yrs. lol

One on One is the only way to really know a person.

Online communication is good but not good enough.

I would plan NO weddings just by communicating online.

God Bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2011 03:43 PM

Amen

Page : 1 2