Author Thread: i support barack obama
Admin

i support barack obama
Posted : 13 May, 2012 05:38 PM

And any decent human being would do the same. I am fed up with people who claim the name of Jesus but have no trouble at all supporting conservative candidates. It makes Christ look bad and it must stop

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 08:28 PM

Posted - "I would call it just that. To call it murder is sensationalist."

And what do you call the willful termination of life outside the womb?

teach_ib

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 08:40 PM

I haven't seen where you have provided any Scripture for your views on any topic. I can provide many more Bible verses to refute most of your views.

You don't answer questions that are posed to you. Since you are so concerned for the poor, what do you do to help them? I have bought food, clothing, paid bills, housed the homeless, worked in food banks, etc. I have worked with underprivileged children for years. I'm not looking for gratitude from anyone here...or trying to brag about what I have done, I'm just showing you that some of us actually put action to words, not just spew the same rhetoric what confronted with a question.

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 08:40 PM

"Do you really listen to John Piper and RC Sproul??? They're Calvinists! "

Yes...I'm reformed as well

"I got a book for you its called. Against Calvinism by Roger E. Olson. "

There is a book that goes along with that one called, "For Calvinism". They are both kind of just overviews...and are not at all exhaustive. There's a couple of preety good critiques of the book you mentioned on it's Amazon.com page.

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 08:42 PM

Aslo techlib......... You may want to get your historical data from someone other than Focus On The Family. This country was in no way shape or form founded on CHristian values, however it was founded on some parts of the bible. Every last one of our forefathers hated Christianity with a passion and are on record and documented as having said numerous scathing things about Christianity.

Washington, Jefferson, madison, Franklin you name it. They all hated christianity with a passion and the main reason they were so adamant about seperating church and state was to protect themselves from Christianity and Christian dictatorships that were popular at the time.

Now i would post sources for you but there is no need. Even a scant google search will prove what i just said to be true. These facts are well documented.

So to say that we started out as a christian nation is just not true. And if it had been true.....it woukd have been a bad thing. CHRISTIANITY has never followed Christ. All it has ever done is build its own Christ and try to impose him on others. Christianity is a man made system nothing more. NOW......there are real followers of Christ within that system, but the system itself is of man and is full of evil.

It took me a long time to realize that i will never enter the kingdom of heaven by being a Christian. Its not about the system or the churches or the institutions. Its about the man. The man jesus and the father who sent him. So im not on a mission to restore america to what it once was nor am i on a mission to enact laws. Im here to live for Jesus and do whatever it is hes destined for me to do.

So even if we were ever a c" christian nation" i honestly dont care.

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 08:46 PM

" and what would you call the willful termination of life outside the womb"

Good try. Sometimes its murder. Heck for the sake of argument ill say that in all cases outside the womb its murder. Cuz this stilk doesnt lrove that abortion is murder

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 08:47 PM

Then provide them. Youve done a great job refuting me so far :glow:

teach_ib

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 08:55 PM

It is clear that you don't care.

What Bible do you use? How many times have you read the Bible? How much time do you spend in God's Word?

I rely only on the Bible for the source of Scripture. You are falsely accusing me of referring to other websites or people's views. We may have the same views as we read the same Bible and serve the same God.

Christian means Christ-like, it does not represent a religion.

You are blatantly wrong on our found fathers...and my ancestors came over on the Mayflower to flee religious persecution I England...not for financial gain as the current textbooks try to explain. Read the Mayflower Compact.

As for Jefferson, Washington, etc, the first amendment to the Constituion was to prevent government from interfering in the religious practice of citizens, not to eliminate the influence of religion on government. Unfortunately you are too young to have experienced the teaching of creation and the original teachings of the founding fathers. When I was in public school,, we began each day with prayer, we sang Christmas carols, had nativities at Christmas, had Christmas and Easter vacations...not winter and spring break. Yes, this nation was founded onChristian principles and beliefs...not that all the founding fathers believed or practiced the same way.

Wo do you get your views from?

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 08:59 PM

"most women arent just being selfish. Their concerns are forbthe well being of themselves and the potential child they will bring into the world."

Do you have any documentation for this or are you giving your opinion? Whether some weigh the options heavily and consider the well being of themselves and their child or not, isn't really the question. We know that some do. I'm curious as to why you think that this is the dominant reason.

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 09:02 PM

"you are correct to say that murder has a malicious intent behind it. Therefore abortion is not murder and youve already refuted yourself. "

Not so...You would have to show why there is never any malice behind an abortion before you could say the point was refuted.

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 27 May, 2012 09:05 PM

You are dead wrong. What ive stated is true. There are many many documents showing what our forefathers thought of christianity. And guess what........ They didnt think much of it which is easy to verify.

But youre gonna believe what you wanna believe anyway. Just know that if you end up in a public debate with someone who maybe wants to disregard god, you better hope he hasnt done his homework. Because if he has he will crush you in a debate and this of course wilk hurt the cause of christ because it will make you seem like liar at worst and ignorant at best.

Now ill say it again. Our forefathers were no fans of christianity. Ever heard of the Jefferson Bible? JEFFERSON had a bible in which he cut out all the parts he didnt like and kept the parts he did like. You gotta get your info from something other than right wing sources.

As far as the mayflower goes columbus came here and killed a bunch of indians. Likely not something Christ intended him to do

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10