Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 10:17 PM

Ella,

There you go, bearing false witness against your brother again. You should at least try to find out the truth, before you start writing.

The only contact I ever had with Colleen was on this forum. I never once sent her a message, wink, or anything else. You words against me were just another lie. Are you not the one that keeps quoting that ALL liars will have their place in the lake of fire?

I see you are coming back twisting things around again, and still without scripture. I am not surprised, there is no defense for your position.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 10:47 PM

Ella,

You said: "I think Larry had it correct in his post, it seems you and Walter jumped at the opportunity to try and save Colleen, but poor WALTER got busted! ... He thoought he was going to have an opportunity to restore the weak one unto himself. ( breast-him-heart) (LMHO- my head off...)

WALTER: Are you familiar with the phrase defamation of character and slander? Are you familiar with the phrase "Bearing a False Witness". That is exactly what you have done here. You are clueless as to the reason I contacted Colleen to begin with. I was hoping to establish a friendship so that I could address her picture. Colleen is not my type as she is a smoker, trying to quit but a smoker nevertheless. That is a deal breaker for me for anything other than friendship. Additionally I prefer modest women whose profile shows a greater depth of their love for God.

ELLA: I listen to noghitn Walter says, he has his own twist on scritpure, and the smae scripture he posts I can use theose same one to reflect back up his on attitude.

WALTER: You have not as yet been able to refute anything I have posted and in fact when you have been confronted with clear well exegeted scriptures, you simply do not address them. You do the same thing to Leon and Lydia.

I hope you do not think that you are fooling anyone. People who read your posts over time should be able to see a pattern of your behavior and your unwillingness to address the scriptures properly. You also fail to answer biblical questions.

You have on several occasions been vicious in your personal attacks to Leon, Lydia and myself and when confronted about it, you skirted the issue and would not apologize to anyone for your very bad unChristian behavior. You simply lack the capacity for admitting when you are wrong.

You have lost all credibility with me and your witness as a Christian is destroyed.

In Christ,

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 11:58 PM

WOW! THIS THREAD MADE IT TO OVER 1,000 VIEWS! CONGRATULATIONS CDFF AND COLLEEN!:applause::peace::yay::toomuch::bow::excited::Mug:

Leon, I must say I did not read all of your post, and I based my comments on what Larry had posted in his comment: " It is clear that at least 2 of the males posters, by their own posts had previously tried to contact Colleen and at least one was obviously ignored..."

I supposed I assumed you were one of the two men he was speaking of, if this is not the case, I'm sorry, if you were not one of the two men who contacted Colleen. Contrary to your belief, I don't find apologizing a very difficult tasks when its necessary.

Now as to your scriptures you posted: Matthew chapter 5: verses 27-28. The operative three words in this passages are "TO LUST AFTER", which means with the intent of the heart without holy restranint and resulting in impure thoughts for a woman. No where does the words of Jesus say looking at a woman is a sin. Looking isn't the source of sin. The seriousness of sin is the "motivational response", as a christian counselor you should know this... The purpose or inten of the heart of a man, THIS is the source of sin.

So if your scripture is to prove that the men who viewed Colleen's picture were lusting after her and they commit adultery, then so were you and Walter also committing adlutery. That is if what you quote is to be taken truth of what Jesus is saying, and so as you so state... which it isn't.

The subject matter of this topic is about the top and your responses and charges that were not called for. If we are to call this sin, becasue of your personal beliefs, and as you guys are doing, lets deal with the sins of the scripture you quoted, because it appears we all are committing...

Mark chapter 10:verses 6-12 also says: But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh, so then they are not longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, let no man separate.

Whosoever divorces his wife and marries another comments adultery against her, and if a woman divorces her husband and marries another she comments adultery."

And Matthew chapter 19: verses8-9 Jesus says, this: Moses because of your hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you whosoever divorces his wife except for the casue of sexual immoralioty and marries another, commits adultery, and whosoever marries her who is divorced comites adultery."

If our righteousness doesn't surpass the righteousness of the Pharisees, and demostarte the righteousness of God, then there is no room for anyone to call out a charge of sin on anyone. Who are you or Walter, and by whose authority do you have the right to charge anyone with a sin based on your own standards, and not those of God and His precepts and laws, and statues and His righteousness?

So if you care to talk about the SIN of lust which causes one to commit adultery, why are we all on this dating site? Does it matter if lust has caused the sin, or whatever has caused it... SIN IS SIN to God. If what you say is true that we are to let others know when they have sinned, so that sin will not be on us... Then I put us who call ourselves christian who are on this site seeking a suitable mate. Please all be on notice that God say Seeking a mate for remarriage when everyone has already been married and divoreced... THIS IS A SIN! According to scripture since you and Walter love to quite scriptue to make your points, that God calls remarriage after a divorce a SIn, and this is in scripture. But you can;t find where He called the top Colleen is wearing or any kind of inappropiate dress wear a sin in scripture... she is only inappropiately dressed for a woman who professes and confesses that she is living and walking the chirstian life style... its not sin... so lets' call thr realsins of the Bible what they are, everybody on this site is in sin according to scripture, becasue we are seeking and desiring something in rebellion to what God has said...

Also, you and Walter should be careful how you so quickly call out sins that God hasn't called to be sins, and charging others with sins based on your own beliefs. Yet you're so easierly beset when someone says the least little things in disagreement with you or against what you speak... God does say hypocrisy is a sin. And as James writes, you have now become the judge and there ain't but one Judge of all and that God!

It is so awesome that God's Grace and love surpasses all human understanding...

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 05:25 AM

Ella,

There you go again. Every time you start losing an argument, you quote out of context, and in this case falsely accused me of committing adultery. You are digging you hole deeper and deeper because of your pride.

Matthew 5:32 Jesus says, But I say to you, anyone who divorces his wife for any reason EXCEPT sexual immorality, causes her to commit adultery....

You have no idea if this applies to me and my situation or not, you just jumped out there and started accusing people. Well, this does apply in my case. My wife cheated and got caught. Now she is paying the price for that sin.

Come on Ella, you are grasping at straws, and it is obvious to everyone but you. There is no way you can defend your position, so you are trying to make me look bad. All you are doing is showing your own ignorance of the scriptures. ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS is sin.

Wearing something, or showing a picture of yourself wearing something, that WILL cause others to sin, IS A SIN. We all know it. You even know it, you just can't let go of that pride and admit you are wrong.

I am done with you Ella. Twist your scriptures to someone else. I will no longer respond to any of you posts.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 06:24 AM

I'm sorry that now you are the subject of attack ella.

You have been trying to make unbiased comments to no avail to their itchy ears. Because you have not agreed with then 100%.....now you are the enemy!

This is not about who is right and who is wrong.....it should have been about gentle loving Godly direction.

They think they are the moral voice of this community....but, what they are really doing is choking on nats.....while swallowing a camel.

Maybe I am more mature than they.....only the immature choke on nats:) I have moved way passed milk to meat:)

Thank you for being a voice of reason......but, they don't get the point....obviously! They are cyber bullies!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 07:44 AM

You said-They think they are the moral voice of this community....but, what they are really doing is choking on nats.....while swallowing a camel.

Colleen, do you even own a Bible? This verse is quoted incorrectly, and gnats is spelled wrong, plus you are as far out of context as you can get. Why not stick to what you know, and not try to be something you are not?

As for spiritual maturity, can you show me an example of spiritual growth in the Bible? I doubt it, because you actually have to read it to understand that part. You may be able to show me where Paul is rebuking the church for not being mature, but God has to reveal the truth about spiritual maturity. Let me know if you want a few examples, I do know where to find them.

Now, since you seem to want to keep talking, let's look at what you posted on here.

1) You just got a new camera and wanted to check it out, so you snapped a picture without paying attention to what you were wearing.

A: Okay, but how many people post a "test" photo, and then try to defend it, even to the point of threatening to leave the site if the administrator did not let you put it back up? All this after being told it would cause lust problems for some of the men. To me, that says you were wanting those men to lust after you. Otherwise, why would it be so important to you?

2) If you were not allowed to put your pic back up, you would leave.

A: Obviously you are still here, so this was just another attempt to get attention. It is working, I see Ryan following you around the forums, kissing up.

You do not have the knowledge to challenge someone on this site, stick to what you know. Next time you try to twist scriptures to mean what you want, I will show you what the term scripture whipped means.

Why are you so upset? You got exactly what you wanted when you posted that picture and that question together. You got every man on this site to look at your b00bs, and then talk about them for 10 pages. Mission accomplished. You should be happy.

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 07:57 AM

I used that referrence correctly....when you sruggle with the small issues and you swallow the big ones......you are immature! and blind about what is important.

The blind trying to lead the blind.

I don't have to prove my scriptual knowlede to you Leon.

Now your attack my spelling.......you are so defensive!.....must be striking a cord somewhere!

You have proven yourself to be a very petty man.....we all can see that. Come off your soap box and return to fight of faith.

Your insults no longer impress me.

I have a very good reason for still being here.....for me to know...and you to find out:)

I won't be bullied by you or any one else :zzzz:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 07:57 AM

AAAwwww, there you go Leon, twisting out of the spot light when it looks back at ya, and misreading what is written to try and justify your own point of views. You quoted a scripture that so stated that TO LUST AFTER a woman is SIN. My comment is that Jesus did not say LOOKING AT A WOMEN was the SIN, He said LOOKING AT A WOMAN "TO LUST AFTER HER".

Because you don't understand how to connect the dots to scripture to get a claer interpretation of what Jesus is speaking you tend to misread what is spoken and fit it to your own point s of view. This is in references to what YOU wrote as it referred to Ryan about LUST, so It is important to point out that if mere looking at a woman provokes the SIN of LUST, which Jesus says is ADULTERY, then, EVERYONE on this board is committing the SIN of ADULTERY as far as God is concerned, because we ALL are seeking mates for remarriage. You used the scripture to try and point out the lust was adultery, My scripture reference points out that aldutery is adultery whether you lust after a woman or a man, or divorce and remarry. It is still the sin of adultery, there is not a difference in the sin of adultery.

Never referred to JUST YOU, I said WE ALL who have been marry and divoprce and seek to remarry are in sin, if looking at a picture of Colleen in that top produced LUST and Jesus sadi LUST is the sin of adultery... SIN IS SIN! If you are calling Colleen wearing the top a SIN , and if Ryan and the other men who looked at the picture were caused to stumle for looking at the picture, and to commit adlitery, then you should also consider everything that is associated with SIN a SIN. You conclude that the picture caused or may have caused someone to LUST which God says LUSTING AFTER a woman a sin of adultery, He never said looking at the picture was LUSTING. Then wouldn't it also go to say that, if WE who are on a dating site seeking a mate for remarriage are also in sin, because we should not be seeking a mate to remarry, because Jesus said REMARRYING AFTER A DIVORCE IS A SIN. If lust causes adultery, and Jesus said this is a sin, then remarrying is also a sin of adultery.

Leon, I never once said anything about your personal life and you can't find it in my statement, I know nothing about your personal life... so go don't go there! I know nothing about you or your personal and never made mention.

No. I don't have anything twisted, its YOU trying to make wearing a top that is inappropiate for a woman professing and confessing Christ as her Savior a SIN, and because Ryan looked at the picture just as you and Waltter did, and other men. Your claim is that it CAUSED or could have caused a man to stumble.. which you have no evidence that it caused anyone to do anything BUT to look at the picture and voice their opinions. If the picture didn't cause you and Walter to stumble or to possibly stumble, why would you think it caused Ryan or or men to possibly stumble?... YOu're over reacting and calling things sin that are not sin.This is what happens when we try so hard to condmen or judge others wrongfully by our own standards, and not those of God's standards, we tend to get lost...

My point is if Jesus relates LUSTING to adultery as this is what Jesus is doing, then it would also go to say that seeking a mate to remarry is also the sin of AdULTERY! Doesn't matter what caused the divorce, Jesus is saying, if you view this passage for face value, REAMRRYING is also the sin of ADULTERY...

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 08:27 AM

Colleen,

You are right about a couple of things. I have no right to bully you, and I apologize for that. I was upset and should not have even answered your post in that state. I also should not have mentioned your saying you were leaving. That is none of my business.

Let me explain about the verse you chose. The verse is talking about the emphasis the Pharisees placed on the ceremonial part of the law, instead of the moral part. That is why I said you were as far out of context as you could get...because we have been discussing moral issues. You would have been better served by quoting, first remove the plank from your eye, before trying to remove the splinter from mine. Of course you would have been challenged on that as well.

Any time you claim spiritual maturity that is greater than someone else's you will be called on it. Maturity is very difficult to prove. There are people who have been going to church for 50 years, who are not mature at all, and there are people who have been in the word for a year who are as mature as most Pastors.

Getting back to your gnat scripture, the moral law is the one that is still in effect, and was the one Jesus was telling them to pay attention to. That is the context, and it is obvious if you read a few verses before to get context.

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 09:28 AM

As with many scriptures......they are multi dimensional and have many different applications.

You are reffering to the lteral context of that scripture....I am referring to deeper context.

Your leaning has made you haughty......watch out....or you just might take a fall!

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15