Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 04:13 PM

I would not have posted a thread here without expecting others to have different views and beliefs.

I didn't expect or want everyone to agree with me. Some christians do not believe it is ok to drink at all....and will quote you scritures.

Others believe it is alright and will quote scritures to support their beliefs.

I have the right....with a good concious to choose how I live.

I do believe that the ones that responded here were following their convictions also.

But, that doesn't make me wrong and them right.

I did not misunderstand them. They were very hurtful tward me and made me feel like I was not a sister.

But,God had a plan for the whole thing....and I think we have all learned from this thread. God has a way of bringing out what is in secret. He does It for our good.

I would not attack a fellow believer because they don't agree with me.....no matter how right I think I am.

I just wish feedback would have been given with a loving and gentle spirit.

I do not feel any condemnation for defending myself. I attacked no one first.

I was accused of everything in the book....short of being satan himself......lol.

I have gotten many e-mails stateing that they thought my picture was fine....and only a few that thought it was not.

Sooooo.......I will let the Holy Spirit do the convicting:)

There was a time when I was a very young Christian and attended the Church of God. The preacher preached almost every week.....touched on I should say......That women should not wear makeup or jewerly.....quoting the same scripture a few of you did concerning modest apparel....and that women should not adorn themselves....and so on.

I was convicted alright......I threw out all my jewelry and wore very little makeup. They were very pleased!!

It took a while for me to learn what God was trying to teach through that new birth period.

There is a differance between peer pressure and Gods conviction. I have learned over the years to hear his voice....and no longer cave to peer pressure.

We have cults because people do not listen to the voice of the father and his word and cave to peer pressure....and many have lost their lives because of it.

I know I asked for your feedback.......and oh !!!.....how you gave it to me...:boxing:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 04:40 PM

Man looks at the outside...But, God looks at the heart!

Thank you Lord!!

Maybe we should look through his eyes more often:)

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 09:11 PM

Leon,

I just wanted to say that if ever I had a question about the Bible, I would ask for your thoughts first.

Just like the first and only question I posted on this site, I was hoping you would be one to answer and you did. I was so greatful you answered.

I don't know what it is but I truly respect you and your interpretations of the Bible. Nothing but absolute honest truth.

And to have a Godly woman as good as Lydia must be beyond amazing. I am honestly so happy for both of you. Seriously, may God bless the both of you beyond your wildest desires.

With all my love in Christ,

Miranda

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 09:40 PM

Thanks Miranda,

I think you are adorable. I know, you young people hate for us old folks to say stuff like that, but you have something about you that reminds me of my daughter. She is the oldest and always had a special place in Daddy's heart. She is about your age, and that may be all it is, but I think there is more. I think it may be your heart for the Lord.

I am so blessed to have Lydia, she is beyond special. You should have her tell you her testimony some day. It will amaze you. She used to be an atheist. She came to God without anyone witnessing to her or anything. I will stop there, she can tell it so much better than me.

God bless little sister,

Leon

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 10:08 PM

Leon,

Kind of in the same way of what you said , you kind of remind me of my Dad...hopefully that doesn't sound weird but I really mean it and I have felt that before.

My parents were divorced when I was in third grade. My relationship with my Dad suffered because of that - but still I consider him the best Dad in the entire world. Ahh, such a long story...

And I would love to hear Lydia's testimony as well as share my own with you two...

In Christ,

Miranda

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 10:59 PM

Miranda,

My parents also divorced when I was young. I bet we have more things in common than what I thought. :)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have a "get together" sometime? We could sit and share all of our testimonies!! Of course, the web site wouldn't have much activity that day, but it'd be ok. lol We should figure out the middle ground between all our houses.

Whatchall thank? (southern accent) LOL!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 11:01 PM

I will see if I can get her to post it for you. That way everyone can see it. I love the way the Lord worked in her.

Much love,

Leon

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 11:07 PM

Well, maybe we just need to start a "share your testimony" topic...not sure what category that would go under though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 11:16 PM

How about the "I'm struggling with my faith" forum?

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 12:52 AM

Great idea for the location!

Blessings!

Walter

Page : 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17