Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 11:04 AM

Hello everyone,

I have decided to no longer engage in fruitless argument based solely on opinions which contradict Gods written word. I will post on this thread only if someone rears a false witness against my brothers and sisters or twists scripture in order to deceive others or lead them astray.

The tone of these posts seems to have changed since around December when I first joined this site. Prior to this the purpose of the posts was clearly to answer false doctrine being taught or to edify, exhort, and pray for the brethren. Lately I have noticed that when one is unable to support their beliefs with scripture, that they begin to make false accusations, mock, and insult our brothers and sisters.

I believe that if each of us would spend an equal amount of time reading and studying God's word and seeking the truth that is found within as we do on these posts, we would not be having these arguments in the first place. So I will be on these posts less and spend more time working on my Bible college classes.

Love and spiritual growth, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 11:10 AM

Good idea Lydia :waving::prayingm:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 11:22 AM

Ella,

Why do you continue to be contentious, sow discord and present false teachings?

Proverbs 6:14 Perversity is in his heart, He devises evil continually, He sows discord.

Pro 6:15 Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly; Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy.

Pro 6:16 These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:

Pro 6:17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood,

Pro 6:18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil,

Pro 6:19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren. NKJV

I just posted a study about Divorce and Remarriage and placed it in the proper venue..."Biblical Questions & discussions".

Your personal attacks need to stop. You are only destroying your own witness. With some of us it is completely destroyed.

In Christ,

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 11:57 AM

Lydia,

I believe you are right. This is unfruitful, and is just causing me to step out of my character. I really don't want to discuss this any more, and I will only answer direct attacks on my character or false doctrine.

I do apologize for stepping outside my character and making personal references about people. It will not happen again, no matter what anyone says about me. I will defend myself, but not at the expense of others.

For those of you that do know me, I am sorry that you saw me act in this way. I had hoped that I was past this, but apparently I still need some work.

Much love,

Leon

Larrysreachinghigher

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 01:48 PM

I have hovered over this discussion.

I have lost sleep over this discussion.

And all that I can think of is:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." 1 Cor: 13:1

"Love suffereth long and is kind;..." 1 Cor. 13:4

"...He said unto them, [i]'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.'[/i]" John 8:7

[i]"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to

your words, shake the dust off your feet when

you leave that home or town."[/i] Matthew 10:14

Be blessed my brothers and sisters,

Larry

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 04:31 PM

Larry,

Out of respect for a fellow Minister, I will give you some time to clean this up, and back away from teaching a false doctrine. However if you do not, I will answer, in context, to show your mistakes.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 04:47 PM

Ms. Colleen,

So as not to misinterpret your post, I would like to ask what, exactly, you meant in your last post to Lydia?

"Good idea Lydia :waving: :prayingm:"

Just curious,

T

Larrysreachinghigher

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 08:05 PM

Leon,

All I am saying to EVERYONE here is love each other. We are Christians. Love as we would want to be loved. As Christ would love us.

If we need to correct someone, we are to do it in a loving fashion. If we quote scripture in an angry fashion, as was done here, we do more damage than good. Who is to listen to us if we are not loving? If we are like this to non-believers it's no wonder that so many are turning to other things.

None of us here, ESPECIALLY ME, can judge any man or woman. I fall so far short of His glory that I can't tell you how grateful I am for His amazing sacrifice for me and the gift of grace. That's all I have to say about that.

And if our brothers/sisters don't wish to hear, then we shouldn't brow-beat them mercilessly. What does it accomplish? Resentment. And loss of respect.

I sense some well meaning individuals have unknowingly created some very deep wounds. And when those types of scars come at the hands of other Christians, they don't always heal.

Be blessed,

Larry

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 10:14 PM

Larry,

You make some good points. I was going to add some things, but I think this whole thing would be better left alone. I look forward to discussing things with you on a more friendly note.

Be blessed,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 02:28 AM

Dear every one ...

I am sorry for this post ... kind of late for me but i spent hours to read this discussion. It's a really popular thread i think.

I have seen Mrs. Colleen's profile but i didn't see the pic that being discussed may be it's already been deleted.

Mrs. Colleen,

i think our brothers and sisters just want to show you how they love you in Jesus. Pls, don't miss-understand them... You have a right also to defend what you think and believe is right ... and in my opinion maybe you should put a ps note for every one to respond in a private message even though you ask in a ask guy forum so it won't be public's consumption especially if there is a feedback which opposite your hope.

My brothers and sisters,

I believe that you love Mrs. Colleen in Jesus and you have done for what you all believe or base on the bible is right. You all have done your job; giving feedback to Mrs. Colleen's posting even though some of yours sound harsh to her. But if i may give you a suggestion, may be you ought to give the responds by giving her private message. Isn't there a scripture that told us to admonish someone in private first, is it Walter, Leon and Lydia?

Since the picture has already been deleted so let us discuss another topic...:rolleyes:

May Jesus's love stay in our heart forever

~ hana ~

Page : 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16