Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2009 10:24 AM

In Christ's name...Amen!!

Yes!! For those that haven't dealt with it first hand, it is very easy to forget to pray for our soldiers spiritual well being and their psycological well being (sometimes they are one in the same) along with their physical bodies.

Your family will be in my prayers,

Tandy

changed07

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2009 08:23 PM

If there is one thing I have learned - its that if I am even questioning whether something is right in God's eyes or find I have to ask someone else - its probably not right in God's eyes - what does God think of what you are wearing - why not ask him...

also If we wouldn't wear it to church - maybe we shouldnt wear it at all...

thats my standpoint!

God Bless You!

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2009 07:23 PM

Hi colleen,

I would have to say yes too, at one point as a girl i'd say "what i don't think so.' but having talked to alot of christian guys about how hard a struggle it is for them to keep their minds pure. It kind of puts a new perspective on it. And it is really a struggle for them.

We gals i think could do better/more attention to what we wear. Not a matter of how far can we go, but what can i do to not be a stumbling block, and building up/caring for our brothers. If we really care about that than we shouldn't be upset about it or take it personally.

I don't think of course we have to dress like the amish or anything, but perhaps we women could do better at covering up certain areas more. men probably would still stare even when more covered, but i think a guy who's trying to keep his mind pure, would be appreciative of us who make more of an effort (than we think we need too).

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2009 05:47 PM

They're not being critical. you posed the question. what response you were expecting. You seem more intent on "get along' then growing in christ. this issue is a big problem for our christian brothers than we girls realize. It's because these people love/care for you that they take the risk of upsetting you, to build you up.

you're a great gal, from what you've revealed of ourself, we're not online to bash each other. But you must do what you know to be right in the eyes of God. Where is your heart?

Sundaybix

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2009 06:08 AM

....I think its just attention seeking with all this feedback :laugh: :winksmile:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 12:55 PM

Not gonna get caught up in the blah, blah,blah-----you wouldn't be asking the question----if your conscience didn't bother you.

doesn't matter------

God accepts us right where we are at.

Your picture isn't saying anything about the guys or what they think or don't think-------------

It's about you portraying yourself on a dating site------a first impression.

So, what are you saying about yourself?

If you're not comfortable----change it.

Spiritual discernment is much more about------matters of the soul and spirit..........not about which guys are caught looking at your cleavage--------------you are soooo funny.............

Can't imagine Paul talking to the early Church about spiritual discernment in your context--------

hmmmmmmmmmm----ladies---be on the look out for the Anti-Christ----you'll know him, by this----------he'll get caught up in--- your cleavage--------lol

if it were only that easy....

Once again, God judges the intent of our hearts...........

Pete

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 03:36 PM

If you have to ask the question, you shouldnt even ask it.

dusselgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2009 01:16 PM

Cooleen,

It seems to me from reading your comments on your feedbacks, you really weren't looking for feedback. If you don't want to hear the answer then don't ask........ I can see some other issues going on with you you seem to be an angry person. I believe the advice or feedback was Sound and Godly and should be well taken. I appreciate the men that are willing to stand up and say what is Godly. May they recieve the blessing from Our Lord. Please be more careful as to what you wear make it a conscious effort to be aware of the clothes you buy is it going to cause men to look at me. Yes men are visual. have respect for your ownself. It takes alot for a lady to be a lady especially a lady after God's own heart....May God grant you the wisdom and the understanding of being a proverbs 31 women. God Bless you Duuselgirl.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 10:21 PM

why did you even ask if you werent going to like the answers? i think you knew in your heart the answer before you asked.

sunshinelm

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 01:37 PM

Coleen, I imagine even the prostitutes had enough understanding of how they would be seen of Him, to reverevntly cover themselves up...If you have to ask the question, you probably already know the answer. You are beautiful, (God made you that way) and not measured by whats on the outside....but what is on the inside....Thats the part you want to show off. ;O)

LM

Page : 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18