Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 06:22 PM

Leon where is her sin?

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 06:23 PM

Well, congrats to whoever got my pic taken off my profile :applause:

You got what you wanted and now I will let God take care of you.

I will be deleting my profile from this site.....I don't want to be a part of a site with such judgemental people.

Have fun being the know it alls that you are.

So are you going to have everyones pic removed that is similar to mine.....or just mine in retaliation?

Enjoy your crusade!! I'm out of here!:prayingm::purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 06:25 PM

ETcallhome I think I agree with you at least for the most part again.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 06:27 PM

Hi!

Ella, if the Bible tells us in the New Testament that we are to dress modestly and also we are not to stumble the brethren and Jesus said that if we cause someone to sin, you pay the price for that sin,then what is it that you are questioning.

Walters post above explains perfectly. If the picture was so appropriate, then why has the administrator removed it? Ella, on other Christian sites that I have been on they have rules that the men can not be shirtless and the women can not show cleavage. Why is this. They also read the profiles and review the photos for content.

Walter gave clear scriptural evidence, what is it that you disagree with?

Much love still, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 06:34 PM

Yeah.....whatever. It's been on here for a week. I'm sure vengance has nothing to do with it. Ask the brethren....see if they will admit to who or how many of you sent in a complaint........sure glad that i don't go to your churches or know you people. :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 06:37 PM

What is her sin?

Ryan you yourself said that the only reason that you went to this thread was to see the inappropriate picture and that you were disappointed that it was not worse. There is one brother that admits to stumbling. Causing men to lust after her in their minds is the sin, along with blatant disobedience to God's word.

Again, Walter covered this in his post quite well. Should I copy and paste it?

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 06:43 PM

Leon,

We are to judge righteously according to God's moral standards to what HE has called SIN, not what you THINK are SINS and according to your own beliefs. God also says not to judge unrighteously...

I Corinthians chapter 5-6 is all about adultery being commented in the church, sexual immorality, Paul said to judge this SIN or any matters that disrupts the church. Colleen's top hasn''t dirupted the church... nor even this forum, and what y'all need to get into your spirits is that The PICTURE NOR THE TOP IS A SIN!... we're not in church, this is a forum where eveyone is suppose to be able to speak their peace I thought?...

The viiews of these men as nothing to do with trying being politically correct, but instead has more to do with you guys not being able to take others disagreeing with yourreligious and slef-righteous views that you're trying so hard to based on scripture and it ain't going to work. As well as your over zealousness to be spiritually correct in every thing on all topics until you are being regliously wrong in all...

I think Larry had it correct in his post, it seems you and Walter jumped at the opportunity to try and save Colleen, but poor WALTER got busted!:ROFL::excited:... He thoought he was going to have an opportunity to restore the weak one unto himself.:excited::ROFL::ROFL::yay: ( breast-him-heart):yay::ROFL::ROFL: (LMHO- my head off...)

But Seriously, Jumping to conclusions and judging before its time Paul also speaks about that as well, even negative attitudes that you try to project as positive, when in fact, they are negative, that's not very christian either (again, that's a genric you, you know how sensitive you guys can get, and then get all holy and spiritural quoting, jumping to conclusion and misinterpreting what a person says):yay:

It all good... I'm sure administration of this site are happy, more hits than they have ever had since startoing the site:applause::yay:...

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 06:55 PM

jealous? are you serious?

i have a nice rack. if i wanted to show it off, i would. but i'm not. because i'm not trying to OBVIOUSLY get attention.

and whatever...the legs & shorts...are you kidding me? you can tell me up & down that you're a christian, blah blah blah. i believe you. i really do. but you also are giving EVERYONE the impression that either 1) you are very insecure & need to talk about how nice your body is by continually bringing it up. or 2) you are seeking any type of attention you can get.

congratulations.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 07:05 PM

Lydia,

No where does God command us to wear certain clothing. Read for yourself Romans chapter 14-15, and you decide... as I said she may not be where you are just as you amy not be where I am, but that's no reason to s=say wearing such a top is a sin... I listen to noghitn Walter says, he has his own twist on scritpure, and the smae scripture he posts I can use theose same one to reflect back up his on attitude. God is so easy and living a chirstian life is so easy when you're not trying to find religious faults and voice only what you're asked...

I think all of you have need to undersatnd that no one on this board has a moral cap or tap on God's standards or His word, and it is not our jobs to try and make anyone believe as you/I believe. If you know to do right as James tells us, and you don't do right, then this is sin, becasue it is rebellion and disobediance, and these are sins. The truth of the word is to be spoken, but this topic didn't require God's word being drawn into such a simple matter of general conversation and opinions. All Colleen asked for were opinions, not a sermon, teaching, or lecture...

Speak the truth as you know it, God never told anyone to make a believer out of anyone, you're getting into God's business in doing such as this. If you think that top is inappropiate, those are your views, voice them but wearing the top has nothing to do with sin and should be viewed according to what you think, and not trying to make God's word fit what you believe. Once you've given what you think, that's the end... the rest is up to God. Paul exhorted women to dress a certain way to separate them from the loose women, no where is there a command in that passage nor does Paul call this a sin... but Paul does say legalism is a sin... and this is what I'm hearing from you guys in all of your religiosities...

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 07:07 PM

Starr,

Why is it that at the tender age of 23 you get it, and middle aged women do not? I guess now we look to the youth as our examples.

May our God bless you young people for not just honoring Him with your lips, but in your dress, your language, and your actions.

Many blessings, Lydia

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13