Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 09:31 AM

And how stinkin hard is it for you people to just not look at my pciture!!

That's is why I posted this in the ask a guy section......because I knew what I would get from you woman........jealousy!

Christian men have to deal with not stumbling every day.....so turn the channel....turn your head....close your eyes.....don't look at my pic!

I wouldn't drink in front of an alcoholic......and I wouldn't wear reveiling clothing in front of a man....knowing that he is has a problem with sex issues or addiction.

But, I believe that the majority of CVhristian men can handle seeing me in that top.

Beside we shouldn't count on other people to make our world safe and temptation free....so we are never tempted. We must be tempted to become strong....the more we overcome....the stronger we are!

So maybe there are some issues you all need to deal with....such as....making sure your own foundation is secure and strong........need the storms to show where we are weak:)

AGAIN.....I only asked for feedback because of a couple e-mails I received.

I also have pretty legs and wear shorts in the summer....should I not wear shorts because some men get excited when they see womans legs.....or sandles because some men have a foot fetish??? I could go on and on.....

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 09:40 AM

sorry....anytime a Chriatian says they do NOT feel convicted when they are sinning.....they are in denial!

God has placed his word in our hearts.....so we may be able to convince others that we are not convicted about sinning.....but, truely deep in side....we know!....and God surely knows!

If a Christian says he is not convicted....for lets say....pre-marital relations......he knows that is a sin......so he is only trying to convince you he is ok with it.......he knows it is sin......he/she is just in denial if they say otherwise.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist!

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 10:05 AM

... Annndd, again I say, Colleen asked for feedback about top in her picture, which are your thoughts and/or opinion as to whether the top was inappropiate for this site... she did n;t ask anyone to illuminate her in the gospel or tell her what you think she might be seeking in a man or what kind of men would respond... stick to the point and focus of her what she ask...

And again this only required answers really a YES or a NO, but then again ,it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks, if the picture is appropiate or inappropiate, no one on this forums has a say so, as to what is an accpectable profile picture, or what isn't. This is why the site posted it, because if you did have a say, then you wouldn't be signed in as a member. But you would be in a position as a site manager with power and authority to receive or reject certain pictures on profiles as according to your rules that are posted, don't you think administration has viewed the picture by now, and it still remains? Then this means its no problem for them, so what's everybody's beef, give the feedback and keep it moving. This picture does not break any rules of this site, so what's everybody's PROBLEM!

Colleen asked for feedback based on "inappropiate or not inappropiate for this site", she did not request for a word on how to be saved, and what God approves of, or what He doesn't approve. And this does not require any POLYESTER sermons, or SYNTHETIC teaching lessons about scriptures, or RAMBLING movational lectures. Paul never COMMANDED that women should dress a certain way, he is EXHORTING women and men and setting guidelines for the appropiate dress attrie befitting christian women, as to separarte them from the women of the evening who do not profess and confess Christ...

Much legalism expressed here... and you have not examined your own selves properly, even so in this matter. Self-control is a FRUIT of the Holy Spirit, and when a person has the ability to maintian such discipline, this shows that the Holy Spirit has done His work in that person. And has pruned back those unfruitful brances that are not producing good fruit which represent the character of Christ. The Fruit of The Holy Spirit is the character of Christ , that HE, NOT YOU, BUT the Holy Spirit produces in all who would chill out and allow Him to have His way, and not try on your own to assist Him... which He doesn't need your help.

I really don't think God called anyone on this forum to be His prosecutors, judge, or jury panel on this forum in response to Colleen's request. And Colleen didn't ask anyone's feedback as to what she must do to be saved, or your feedback as to why she needs salvation, nor did she seek the gospel of salvation, or if this top will cause her to go to hell, which it will not... she asked a simple question and you gave more than yshe asked for, which ahd nothing to do with her top or it being accpetable for this site....off courase

This is a PUBLIC FORUM, this IS NOT a church, a religious classroom, nor a christian seminar where as we are suppose to place certain kind of picture on our profiles in order to be accepted into these goings on or dress a certain way. This is a Christian BUSINESS, and whatever does not break the rules of this business, is allowed... there are many who may be saved from reading certain posts on this forum PRAISE GOD! And there are also many CHRISTIANS on this forum how would give a hooot about Colleen's picture either way...

Yet, it doesn't make her, them, you, me less than who you say you are in Christ... I really don't think Christ has apoointed you or anyone else on this forum in a position to judge or condemn who is or who isn't a christian by what she/he has on thier profile. We do know that what we wear IS SUPPOSE to reperesent who we are in our inner being, but then there are people who don't believe in Jesus Christ and wouldn't be caught dead in such a top... so you go figure!

So what in the world are all you so-called saved and sanctified CHRISTIAN so angry about?... surley, it can't be over a woman showing herpossibly implanted breast in a top in a pciture...that may or may not be too small:ROFL::excited:...go get your own implants :excited:, and for all you men, save your money so when you find a woman you're interested in, if she doesn't have implants, then you can buy her some:yay:

:peace:... Sorry, but I don't think Coilleen is interested in any man trying to save her or fit her up to be the kind of woman he would like for her to be... she accomplished what she set out to do:excited:... and you proved yourselves to be as she had thought and more!:zzzz:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 10:15 AM

LOL

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 10:30 AM

Thank you etcallhome.

I am already saved and a child of God.....so i was very surprised that my brothers and sisters in Christ were attacking my character so unkindly.

The one lady even suggested that i just want attention!

Well, if that's the case....then everyone who posts a topic here.....must just want attention!

I'm not sure if you were just picking fun or not at the end of your reply....... by suggesting that my cleavage might be inhanced........but, some woman are just blessed with good genes!......:excited::laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 11:29 AM

Ella,

You said- . Sorry, but I don't think Coilleen is interested in any man trying to save her or fit her up to be the kind of woman he would like for her to be... she accomplished what she set out to do... and you proved yourselves to be as she had thought and more!

Amen and amen.

By continuing this discussion, it is now the most popular on the site. We have helped her show her cha chas to every man on this site. And she had a chance to accuse our sisters of jealousy. A great time for her.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 11:33 AM

Hi Colleen,

This is why I said "POSSIBLY IMPLANTS"... so if you're blessed like that, then that's more than most women can say, and they do indeed need a liitle help for their two lady friends...:yay:

But seeee... now you're starting something else up in here

I'm sure someone will find the scripture about boasting about your blessings to others:yay:... Colleen, I'm beginning to think that maybe you do need to go back to the water and be baptized , and then spend a little more time on the altar... girlfriend, you are a troublemaker:ROFL::excited:... ooopppps! I may need to go with ya...

OH, NO! I'm taking about breast implants on a Christian site... and for that... I rebuke myself!...ETcallhome, I rebuke you in the name of all the christians on this site for talking about breast implants on a Christian site...:excited::ROFL:...now... I betcha, that'll learn me:zzzz:

:peace:

love ya much,

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 11:40 AM

Some food for thought from Elizabeth George's A Woman's Call To Prayer.

Ask and answer these important questions when you are praying about doubtful things or gray areas:

Excess- Will this practice slow me down? Hebrews 12:1

Expediency- Is it useful, profitable, and beneficial?1 Corinthians 6:12

Emulation- Is it what Jesus would do in the same situation?1 John 2:6

Evangelism- Will it spread the gospel to unbelievers, enhance my testimony, or serve as a strong basis for personal evangelism? Colossians 4:5

Edification- Will it build me up in Christ? 1 Corinthians 10:23

Exaltation- Will God be glorified? 1 Corinthians 10:31

Example- Will this example offer my Christian brothers and sisters the proper kind of example- a righteous path- to follow? Will it harm my weaker brothers and sisters in Christ or strengthen them? 1 Corinthians 8:13

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 12:02 PM

Colleen,

You said- The one lady even suggested that i just want attention!

Well, if that's the case....then everyone who posts a topic here.....must just want attention!

Leon: No, but is I posted a photo of me wearing spandex shorts while aroused, then it would be the same thing. I wouldn't actually be showing you anything, but at the same time, you would not have to use your imagination to know what the rest looked like.

If you did not want the attention, you wouldn't have posted a "sample" photo to start with. Come on, we are not that stupid, please stop treating us like we are.

Colleen:And how stinkin hard is it for you people to just not look at my pciture!!

That's is why I posted this in the ask a guy section......because I knew what I would get from you woman........jealousy!

Christian men have to deal with not stumbling every day.....so turn the channel....turn your head....close your eyes.....don't look at my pic!

I wouldn't drink in front of an alcoholic......and I wouldn't wear reveiling clothing in front of a man....knowing that he is has a problem with sex issues or addiction.

Leon: Nice view, can you show me were you found that in the Bible? I thought we wee supposed to look out for the weaker brothers, not condemn them for being weak.

As for wearing revealing clothes in front of people who will stumble, what do you think you are doing? Do you believe that all the men on here are strong enough to resist....we know better, they have already posed. They already stumbled.

As for being called to judge, Paul rebuked the Corinthians for NOT judging among themselves. Don't you remember him saying, is there not a wise one among you who can judge among the brethren?

Paul told us to judge believers ourselves and to cast them out if needed, because God judged those outside.

I don't care how you want to state the case for this, there is just no right way to do the wrong thing. I am disappointed in my Christian brethren who are more worried about being politically correct, than they are in trying to stand for righteousness. May God forgive us all.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 12:09 PM

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for your reply but you still have not addressed the scriptures presented that are straight to the heart of this issue.

Why?

You can argue opinions all day long and tell us how you have been a Christian for many years but it still does not mean anything with regard to the pertinent scriptures. Our opinions mean nothing when it comes to comparing them to God's written Word. If your feelings or opinions do not line up with God's written word then they are meaningless especially when they contradict God's Word. If you have been a Christian for all these years why haven't you grown spiritually more mature and understand the scriptures I have presented.

The fact of the matter Colleen is that you have yet to address the scriptures I presented because you cannot defend yourself against God's clear written word. You are more concerned with yourself and your rights and not concerned about causing a brother or sister to be offended and stumble.

Romans 14:9 BUT BEWARE lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.

In other words you cannot ABUSE your liberty in Christ.

10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol's temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols?

11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

12 But when you THUS SIN against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, YOU SIN AGAINST CHRIST.

13 THEREFORE, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble. NKJV

What you are not getting or refusing to see is that you, by your actions are causing your brothers to sin and that in and of itself is a sin against Christ. GOD SAYS SO! It shows your gross lack of concern for your brothers. It shows your selfishness. How can you honestly say that you love your brothers and sisters when you don't have any concern for their spiritual walk?

Colleen by your own words you have declared yourself to be hypocritical. You say that it would be inappropriate to wear that blouse in Church but you would obviously wear it outside of church. That is a double standard. If it is inappropriate for church then it is not appropriate outside of church either. This is one of the reasons people find Christians to be so hypocritical. You dress one way in church and another in the world and like the world. For being a Christian for so many years don't you think it is time to decide to place both feet in the Kingdom and not straddle the fence?

Additionally don't you think that through this debate, that God is trying to open your eyes because you have not been listening to Him? Face it....you have not addressed the scriptures presented. That's the bottom line. The scriptures prove you to be wrong in your opinions and beliefs. This is where the rubber meets the road. The fact that you see nothing wrong in your picture and that you will not address the scriptures leads one to believe that you are not well grounded in God's word.

James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

By the way Colleen, the women who disagree with you are not jealous at all. They have no reason to be jealous for they do not need to place a picture like yours in order to draw men to themselves.

Proverbs 31:30 Favor is deceitful, and beauty is VAIN: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. KJV

In Christ,

Walter

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11