Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 12:14 PM

I was also very insulted by your comments Leon.....suggesting that I would be ok with men wanting me only for sex.

You sure are reading a lot into a top!!

Very rude comments....you don't know me at all.

I just wanted to simly know how you all felt about my pic.....I didn't expect to thrown to the lions.

Thank you....brothers and sisters in Christ......I think I may have accomplished much more by my post than anticipated. I think you all should re-read your posts.....you may have a thing or two to learn!

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 12:36 PM

Ms. Colleen,

I'm very sorry you're feeling insulted, but you asked for feedback and it was rendered, and there is no doubt in my mind that the responders gave their honest opinions. Also, thier words were given as advice; not to "throw you to the lions". Walter even backed it up with specific scriptures.

I'm sorry if this has been embarrassing to you. Perhaps the fact that you felt inclined to ask could have served as an indicator that the picture is inappropriate.

No one means you any harm. Please correct the problem and involve yourself in the rest of our forum discussions. Maybe then we could get to know you better.

With love,

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 12:51 PM

I entered the post because of 2 e-mails I had received.....didn't you read my post? Not because I felt any conviction. The site excepted my picture.....so should all of you.

And...yes he was insulting....read what he wrote. He suggested that I might not mind if men want me just for sex....and other statements that were un called for.

I spent most of my 35 years as a christian in the Church of God and the Assembly of God.....so I know very well what most Christians feel about such things. I was hoping for someone with some sanity to come and rescue me...lol

I sense a lot of anger with the comments I have received.....and very little love....so sad:(

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 01:10 PM

Colleen,

I am glad I got your attention. I am a Christian Counselor, and you have to get people's attention before you can help them. I wanted to tell you that most of the people I counsel are women in their early 50s who are alone. I would love to help you, if you want help. I am sorry to have been so harsh, but I knew it would take that to start the process of real communication. Believe it or not, your post brought tears to my eyes, because I know what you are going through.

I do not charge to talk, and I really do care. If you want to know more about why I felt it warranted such an act to get your attention, let me know. I do love you, and I know that I can help, but first, you have to want that help.

I think you will find that you have many more friends here than you think. I love you and my heart is breaking for you. Email me, and we can become friends, then you will understand my motives. I know you are angry, but that strong emotion is easily turned to love, if we only let it happen.

In His Service,

Leon

christianwp

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 01:54 PM

I tend to agree with you Colleen. I have grown in my ability to not look beyond lust...it is a process. i have no problem with your picture...it is rather tame compared to much of the others!

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 02:10 PM

Well Leon...I have been a Christian counseler myself.....and hurtful words are not conducive to helping or healing. You didn't need to get my attention......But, maybe I got yours.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 02:15 PM

Thank you christianwp....finally someone who understands :applause:

I think it partialy depends on where you live and the people you assoiate with.

There are Christians who work in the entertainment industry...I think you are very right....it's a process....one to be good at....because you never know where temtation will find you.

I guess they didn't see any of those other pictures you were talking about. Colleen

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:11 PM

Sorry, but I also have to say that I think it is inappropriate. Even as a woman, the first thing I looked at was not your face. I don�t understand the bending over & the camera angled toward your chest. Even if it was truly not your intention for the outcome of the picture, that is definitely how it did turn out.

Just to explain why I feel it is inappropriate - in a situation like this, using an on-line community, your photo is literally your first impression. This is the internet�and you have to consider that your pastor, boss, child, parent, friend, neighbor, etc. could see any picture. This can�t be the best picture that represents you�

----------------

And mlthomas was right when he said �Yes it is because the shirt is showing too much breast. All a guy would focus on is seeing the rest. Sorry so blunt.�

Blunt, but true�

----------------

You asked a question that called for personal opinion. Don�t be upset if you did not receive the answers/comments you thought you would. Again, it is only personal opinion.

God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:41 PM

I asked for feedback on the top I was wearing not for people to tear apart my character. You can't judge me by one picture.

I don't care if anyone sees that picture...or I wouldn't have put it on. Everyone that know's me has seen me in tops like that. I am not doing anything here that I am ashamed of or would be afraid of anyone seeing.

So just make sure that the next time you go to a pool or the beach.....that you don't expose any skin. Maybe a flapper batingsuit would be good.....even those for the time were considered to much....lol.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:48 PM

Colleen,

I am sorry that you think you have to go through this alone. People can help, you know. I know you don't believe it, but I do know what I am talking about. If you want to talk, I am here. I am well aware of all that you are going through. Plus I am safe, because I already have a girlfriend. You don't have to worry about me only wanting to hit on you. I just want to see you happy.

If you were a counselor, you are aware of what you need right now. You also know that you are not getting it. I pray you let someone help you.

Love and prayer,

Leon

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10