Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:55 PM

Leon....I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.....help with what?

I don't need any special help right now. I am happy, healthy, successful, financially stable....have great kids and grandkids.....just what do you think I need help with?

Larrysreachinghigher

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:59 PM

A question is asked about a photo and a character is attacked?

Colleen, I will withhold judgement on your photo lest I also be judged...

But I will say....

That no man should throw stones or criticize his brother or his sister when his own house is not in order...

That in Paul's letter to Timothy in which he encourages the women to dress modestly and without adornment in WORSHIP also says that women are to be quiet and submissive...let's read the whole thing, shall we? Not just the parts that we want...

It is clear that at least 2 of the male posters, by their own posts, had previously tried to contact Colleen and at least one was obviously ignored, probably both...and I think these lectures are just ways of venting.

I am sure that you ladies, when you go to the beach/pool, are covered from your necks to your ankles at all times and you never lay out in the sun to get a tan. Are you ready to don 'burqas'? Also, why are you responding in the 'ask a guy' forums?

I can tell that Collen was hurt by many of your comments. Your opinions could have been delivered in a more loving fashion.

Colleen, by the tone of the responses it is obviously a provocative picture. Is it inappropriate? I guess that depends on who's looking at it...what is considered acceptable by today's Christians would be absolutely sacrilege 200 years ago.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 09:40 PM

Hi Colleen,

You know....you asked for people's opinions and you got a bunch. Now you are mad or appear mad, hurt and or insulted and you are complaining about our opinions when that is what you asked for in the first place. Are we not entitled to our opinions, our beliefs?

I went beyond mere opinion and gave you some scriptures to back up not only my opinion but what the scriptures say. I noticed you have not even commented on the scriptures that were presented. You said that God has given you the gift of discernment. Well then please demonstrate if the scriptures I presented are interpreted correctly and applicable or not.

You know it doesn't matter how long you have been a Christian or going to church. That does not make anyone any more spiritually mature or have discernment or understand scriptures any better than someone who has been a Christian a much shorter time.

It really doesn't matter what other Christians are doing in weddings or any functions or as actors or how they portray themselves. Just because they are Christians or claim to be does not mean that what they are doing is acceptable to God either. You simply should never compare yourself to what others are doing to justify your own actions. That is not the standard. The standard is Christ. We are suppose to be like Him and follow His path and we are empowered by the Holy Spirit to do so,..... if we choose to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh.

The bottom line Colleen is not what our opinions are or even your opinions are but what God actually says.

We are all responsible for our own actions and our own thought life. But we are also responsible for doing anything that could cause a fellow Christian to sin.

You have asked for council and you received good solid wisdom. People have been tough on you and have been loving and sometimes it was tough love. The reality is that we all love you in Christ as our sister. Do you think that your reactions to our opinions was loving?

Perhaps you should consider that the reason for your hostility and criticism is that the Holy Spirit may be trying to convict you and you don't like it and are resisting Him. It's possible. Food for thought.

Proverbs 11:14 Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

Pro 19:20 Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days.

Blessings!

Love in Christ,

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 09:54 PM

Larry,

Brother you said: "it is clear that at least 2 of the male posters, by their own posts, had previously tried to contact Colleen and at least one was obviously ignored, probably both...and I think these lectures are just ways of venting."

Brother that is utter nonsense. You have no clue as to the reasons why she was contacted. Personally I was hoping to become friends with Colleen, get to know her and eventually address the issue of her picture. We had exchanged a couple of e-mails to each other, I gave her my #, she said she would call, never did. No biggie. Low and behold, she brings up the issue about her picture all on her own.

So before you go making assumptions that potentially could cause you to bear a False Witness against someone by judging their motives, you need to know the details first.

Grace to you!

In Christ,

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 10:00 PM

Colleen,

I am sorry you feel that way. I apologize for causing you pain for no reason. I will not debate you on this, or even try to explain in open forum. That just would not be fair to you or other women on here going through similar situations.

God bless you, and I wish you nothing but the best. I know you don't believe this, but there are many people here willing to love you.

Blessings,

Leon

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 10:04 PM

No one personally judged your character. I know I didn�t. If you read my post any different, so be it. Like I said this can�t possibly be the best picture that represents you. I think that�s a fair statement. That is not a judgment of your character...

You did not �just� ask for feedback on your top you asked if it was inappropriate or not. As simple as it sounds, it is not a yes or no question.

1) We can not even see much of the top because of the way you are posed.

2) What you got was honest responses plus the reasoning behind them. No one is trying to call you out for being something you�re not.

The question here is not about women exposing skin, it is about exposing cleavage/breast. Also, the nature of that specific picture & the way it was taken. Please don�t compare it to wearing a swimsuit - it is not the same in the way it is being compared.

Larry - everyone who responded to this question so far is a regular user of this forum. Women always answer in the �ask a guy� category because of the lack of men answering. Most of us hear know each other and I can say that no one who has answered has been throwing stones. Please join us more often - we would enjoy it and anyone is more than welcome here.

God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 10:05 PM

Your right.....what matters is that what I do I am not convicted by. For some it is a sin to drink and eat meat sacrificed to idols...and for others it is not. So do what you do with a clear concious. Mine is clear pertaining to this matter....and that is what counts.

Soooo if my Father hasn't felt the need to convict me... then I am free...free indeed:)

Angry.....I am not....insulted.....hurt and surprised I am.

If you ask me.....you all are the ones that sound angry.

Besides......there were a couple people who rationally and without judgement gave their opinion as well.

So...send a sister some love....and we can all get on to bigger and more important things. :peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 10:15 PM

Yes a few of the people here did judge my character......I didn't say you.

But, I have given my final thoughts on the topic.

Except for Leon......he seems to think I need help with something......But, won't tell me what...lol.

He said "woman in my situation" or something like that???

Not sure if he's ok???

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 10:17 PM

LOL...LOL....LOL....:ROFL::ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 10:18 PM

Colleen,

I do apologize. I may have jumped to conclusions, and for that I deeply apologize. I thought I saw something there that may not have been. Like I said, I counsel many women, and sometimes we see things that click, and jump to conclusions. Please believe that I want only what is best for you. I have much love for my fellow Christians. I thought I saw some pain there, and it hurt me. Forgive me, please.

Love and grace,

Leon

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10