Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 10:32 PM

Of course I have some pain.....don't we all. Just none that I have a present need for counsel.

No pain pertaining to my forum topic however.

I have gotten many e-mails this week that I have been on this site.....almost all were very positive...with no negative comments on my picture....only the couple I mentioned.

I was just curious to see if many thought it was that bad....and no....not many:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 12:59 AM

Colleen,

I am glad I was mistaken. Sometimes I let my compassion (Yes I do have compassion) for others to cause me to overreact. This was one of those times. I really thought I saw something there in the post that needed addressing. I apologize for my unkind words. And for the record, yes we do all have some pain. But I am glad I was wrong. I am also glad that you are active in the posts. We need more of that.

Welcome. At least it can only get better from here. LOL.

Love and grace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 06:05 AM

Have a GREAT weekend all :eat::dancingp::bouncy::excited::purpleangel::goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 07:53 AM

Hi Colleen,

I was reading through alll the posts on this topic early this morning, and I decided this morning to post my feedback.

In your orignial post and in the title of your topic you asked three (3) questions therefore, I will answer your three questions according to what I think. This is my feedback based on what I think...

QUESTION#1:

(1) Is my picture inappropiate for this site?

My feedback:

I really don't think it is necessary for you to even ask such a question for the posters to give a comment, because the site answered your question for you. In that, no matter what anyone or I think, whether posters disapprove of, or approve of the picture or not. Or whether anyone thinks its inappropiate or appropiate, this is does not matter, because the site administration APPROVED of your picture for posting. Had they felt it was not appropiate, I'm very sure they would have not posted it and asked that you post another picture. Therefore, I would have to say that if the site approves of your picture and posted it, who am I to disapprove or approve of it, since I am not co-owner or apart of the administration team to make such choice for postings a members picture And as a member of this site, what I think about your picture other than in response to you seeking feedback to your question, it really isn't my or anyone elses business or should be my or their care to approve or disapprove of your picture. So this is my simple feedback to your topic question about your picture... Bottomline... this site approved of it!

QUESTION #2:

(2) Do you think it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime?

This would depend upon whether or not you confess or profess to being a christian. This top is appropiate to wear for those women who do not confess or profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, and are not interested in winning souls for the kingdom of God. As christian women and men, we are to dress approiates according to our professions and confessions in Christ at ALL times. When I was in the world, I use to wear tops like this, and loved doing so, but when I because born again, I put away such dress attire. We are taught to be transformed to the things of God, and not to be conformed to the things of the world. Wearing such a top as this would tent to lessen your as a testimony as a christian, and make weak your witness to someone who is lost. Every person is responsibile for controlling their own desires of temptation, and it is thier responsibility not to lean to those temptations of their flesh. But it is you ( meaning ALL men and women ) to present stumbling blocks, as Paul tells us in Romans, that would assist or give cause for a person not to hear or hinder a person from hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ, becasue winning souls for Christ is our main goal as believers. Again, I personally don't think wearing this top is wrong for those who DO NOT profess or confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. But I do think this is wrong to wear this top for a woman who professes and confesses Christ and her faith as a christian at any time except around your house. We are to cover our nakedness, not that you need to wear a turtle neck sweater year round, but we are not to expose our body parts, whetehr its our breast or legs, even a dress or skirt that is too tight is inapproiate for woem to wear in public, just as men who like wearing their pants so tight exposing teir body parts. As christians, this too is inappropiate attire...

QUESTION #3:

Or just because it is my profile picture?

Again, if the site managment team didn't see anything worng with your picture to post it with your profile, it really doesn;t matter what others think. But since you did ask for feedabck to these questions... this is my feedback.

BTW, anyone who say they are a christian counselor should know the basic principles and purpose of motivation responses and actions... there are reason why we do what we do, and say what we say therfore, I would only question your motivation behind posting this picture, if you have need to seek a poll for feeback as to whether or not anyone feels it is or isn;t appropiate for this site. Also, if you posted it for the reason you has stated, then why would you not have taken it down after you saw that you were wearing a top that might send out the wrong message or signal.

Moreover, I have seen many women's picture on this site and of men who have posted provocative pictures on this site. As well as there are some advertizements of suggestive ads running on this site of women dressed and or posed in manners that I personally would not approve of for a christian site... but then again, as I stated, I'm not managment. So if managment approves of your picture, then I'm more than the world for it.

iFor the men who confess or profess Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, to be a christian this ones for you:

Blessed is the man that endures tempation, for when he is tried(tested) and overcomes, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Let no man say whne he is tempted, I am tempted of God, because God cannot be tempted with evil, neither does He tempt any man.

BUT every man is tempted when he is drawn away by HIS OWN LUST, and enticed.

THEN, when lust has conceived, it brings forth SIN, and SIN, when it is finished, brings forth death (whether it is spiritual, emotional, mental, or physical death, its a separartion from God)... (James chapter 1)

I say to you Colleen, go in peace and stop worrying about posters of this site whether they approve or disapprove. Managment APPROVED and that's all that counts. You decide if you should continue wearing such attire hat does not represent your christian wlak with Christ, this should be your decision between you and God and based on your relationship with Jesus Christ... not anyone else's:peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 09:17 AM

I appreciate your comments greatly....at least you were rational and forthcoming and stated your beliefs without personal attach.

I reinterate....I posted the quetion because of a couple peoples e-mails. Not because I was in doubt of my motives or reasons for the picture I submited.

I am comfortable with what I wear and am discreet when the occassion calls for it.

Thank you so much and have a blessed weekend:) Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 10:17 AM

May God bless you always Colleen, glad to know you found comfort in my feedback...

It is also important that you keep in mind that wearing tops or clothing as you have on in this picture, or even what we wear that is not on a picture WILL NOT send us to HELL! And God DOES NOT says this is a SIN that leads us to hell, for wearing such clothing! But mind you, what we wear DOES speak loudly for its self in that, our clothing represent and identifies our inner personhood, and our mindset as to where, and the direction we're going, and with WHOM we are walking after and toward as christian believers in Jesus Christ...

The women (Mary Mag (Magdalene) and other women of the bible who were known as ladies of the evening wore clothing that made a statment as to who they were, and one could pick her/them out in a crowd because of her dress appearel and hair-do. This is why Paul wrote to Timothy to make shure he let the people know the rules and guidelines of dressing as a christian in chapter 2: verses 9-10: Also, in like manner, let the women adorn themselves in modest appearel with shamefacedness (discretion, speaking about being in the public eyes), and with sobriety (modesty), and not with braided hair (meaning the hair style of the woemn who were know not to be believers who wore a certain hair-do to identify who they were, braided all up with gold and pearls and expensive jewels in their hair... this is what Paul is speaking about in this passage, that a christian woman is to make sure she can be seen standing out among the worldly women as being different in her appearel . Paul is not condemning anyone, but exhorting and laying out gudie line appropiate for chrictian woemn in the church.

Escpecially in the house of God and on the streets in puclic, so others will see Christ in her by the way she dresses, as well as modest dressing also will not provke other women to jealuosy and men to lust after her. Which in my humble opinion, there are some men, no matter what a woman wears still does not have self-control over his fleshy lusts, even if she is covered in sheets over her face and body. Some men will lust wondering what its all about underneath the covering:yay:

you have a great weekend as well:peace:

Peace in love,

ella

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 12:43 PM

I think this subject did go unneccassarily negative, so I too will apologize for that.

But just to comment, as soon as you post a picture it comes up instantly. No one approves or disapproves of a picture before it shows up - it's not possible because it shows up literally within one second. I think the administration only addresses a picture is if it is reported.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 01:16 PM

I don't thing your picture is inappropriate. I do think it is inappropriate for this site.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 11:47 PM

Hi Colleen! To answer your question, I don't think the shirt itself is inappropriate for this site or the outside world. I think its just the angle of the picture, because a little too much cleavage is shown in the shot. As you said, though, this obviously wasn't intentional, and I don't think your personality and character should be judged from this picture.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2009 08:08 AM

Thank you.....finally someone who caught that I said I wasn't trying to be explicit and believes me:) I put my elbow on the counter to steady my arm to take the pick and try and center myself in the frame. Soooo I guess it caught some cleavage. :excited:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10