Author Thread: Should I look for a wife at all?
Zachariah2

View Profile
History
Should I look for a wife at all?
Posted : 9 Mar, 2020 04:25 PM

I really don't post this in search of pity or anything like that but I see that these forum's are pretty active and I want some honest feedback.

For a while I have wondered if it is fair to a woman to marry them, even though my disability might mean we would never have children. I know basically no woman's dream guy is in a wheelchair (obviously). I've gone over it with friends and get some mixed responses some saying 'no it's not fair' other saying 'God will illuminate the way' or something to that effect. If anyone's got any scriptures that would be great as well.

I have a spinal injury which means that I cannot... Finish the business so to speak. On the plus side I've been very abstinent.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2020 08:06 PM

There is someone for everyone. I have heard it taught that if you have a desire for marriage God will provide a wife. Reading your post made me think of Nick, can't spell his last name, fellow born with no arms or legs. He is married with a few children. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Vujicic

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2020 08:20 PM

Of course you should marry and have a good life with a woman who loves you and its a mutual feeling. There are methods for a woman to get pregnant even though you have a disability. and if its of great importance, there is always adoption. Your profile seems very good and upbeat. remember that ALL of us have some sort of disability, but sometimes its unseen. Please, DO look for a wife. start out as friends and see where it leads.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2020 04:34 AM

Zachariah2 I think that if you want to get married then of course you should look. I believe there's a lid for a every pot it's just a case of finding the one that fits...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2020 09:01 PM

I have met more than one woman on this group who do NOT want a child, and they were offended when I asked why not. I didn't mean to start arguing with them. I was just curious. Anyway, there are plenty of women who either can't have children or don't want to have children. There are also some who want to adopt. And that's probably not the biggest problem. But how do you support a family if you cannot work? That's what women will be wondering. Many women expect the husband to be the breadwinner in the family... So, you cannot be too picky.

There's a little voice in your head that says, "What are the chances of me getting married? 0.00001% or something like that." But you shouldn't listen to that voice, because that comes from the devil. The voice of faith always encourages and uplifts and gives you hope. If you study statistics, you may become discouraged, because it says you should give up. But what were the chances of Israel crossing the Red Sea when Pharaoh's army was coming from behind them? And what were the chances of little baby Moses being found intact by someone? There were lots of crocodiles in the Nile. He could have sunk or been eaten by a crocodile. Yet, that little basket was tossed by the waves just at the right place at the right time and was found by the right person. Or what were the chances of David killing Goliath? Goliath was huge. He was a man of war fully dressed in steal. David was just a little boy with a sling. But when you have faith, you 0.00000% chance becomes 100%. That's what faith does. It turns something that is unlikely to happen into reality. So, faith is all you need.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2020 10:02 AM

Silver

That is a wonderful post of Faith. I enjoyed reading your uplifting message to the original poster.

sucha

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2020 10:22 AM

amen silver....zachariah, you need to really consider what silver wrote

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2020 06:42 AM

Well said, silver. That was a message of hope. And I like it a lot.

To answer the question, you'd be surprised on what some women are willing to put up for the man they love. Search the internet and you'll find men with disabilities who were able to find beautiful women who were willing to make sacrifices for the men. But I don't advice looking for that woman online. You're better off with your circle of friends and the people you meet in person where they get to appreciate the person that you are.

About your problem, that's tough. It takes patience and a lot of practice and I don't even know if you could manage to satisfy your woman but it's important that you try to be able to finish the job. Find a woman who'll be patient enough to work it out with you. But don't be too harsh on yourself. Just relax and enjoy it and try not to worry too much about it. It will just rob you the joy of doing it if you try too hard to perform. Besides, there are toys that could help you. Just be creative.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2020 12:39 PM

Yes, totally agree with what Spiritualconnections wrote..

Someone's physical condition really is not such an insurmountable obstacle as someone's emotional coldness and abusive mindset would be.

A fit body in itself is not the measure of a man...

Many women would appreciate a warm and ind man for his heart. Passion for God, for life, for her... for their life together..