Author Thread: What its like to be a premium member here
Admin

What its like to be a premium member here
Posted : 21 Mar, 2020 07:59 PM

I have signed up to be a permium member, and I am here to share my experiences so far.

In the past week, I sent 22 messages.

* 3 of them were deleted without being read.

* 4 read the message but did not respond.

* 2 responded, and we talked about the Northern lights and various other things. I could tell they were not really interested, we just chatted to kill time I guess. :P

* 1 responded, and explained why we're not a match. I thanked her, and that was the end of it. Now I just noticed that she also blocked me. That was unnecessary, but whatever. lol

* 4 of them did log in since but ignored my message. (They're probably chatting with someone else.)

* 8 of them did not log in yet. (Their inboxes are getting filled with messages, and my message is probably near the bottom by now.)

It would be good to have a feature that allows a person to indicate that they are in an interesting conversation with someone right now, so people like me will not waste the time trying to message them. because I think, most women that I message are already talking to someone, and that's why they completely ignore my message. But that's just speculation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2020 10:35 PM

People who are having meaningful conversations with someone wouldnt be logging in anymore. Y would they unless they havent found anyone yet? People who log in are those who are still looking. They may be chatting with many people but unless they find the one, they'll keep on looking. That's just for people wbo are seriously looking for partners coz there are also members here who are scammers and those who are here for the cheap thrill of showing theirs. Made me wonder if online dating is a haven for exhibitionists.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 02:17 PM

It's not a waste of time to message someone who might be talking to someone else. Just talking to someone does not make you an exclusive couple. Don't be afraid of competition. If you really have something to offer, there is no need to be.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 02:26 PM

I agree...it is not supposed to be a competition anyway, but a way to meet and connect with new people.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 08:11 PM

I talk to more than one person at a time. IF someone gets serious and i feel the same way, i will put that on top of profile and just talk to one. Otherwise, i am not "taken" or engaged, so can talk to as many people as I feel like. Some who write are gung ho at the first 2-3 messages and then tire of it and leave anyway.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2020 05:37 AM

Talking to one person at a time isn't the best strategy. I view this as a process of elimination & as such I think its best to talk to as many people as you can...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2020 09:44 AM

Yes, you don't want to get too serious with someone you don't even know.

My rule is that we have to be meeting in person and going on dates for several months before I am willing to consider being exclusive. I'm going to be exclusive with someone I don't know and you cannot truly get know someone except in person.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2020 11:45 AM

I think online dating is hard for the most part. It is easy to pass up a genuine person because we have so many other persons to choose from (I think). Despite what the statistics says that most people find their significant other online, it is simply not true, because perhaps 75% said yes they found they significant other online, but that's 75% of the persons they interviewed or who responded to the surveys, which does not represent the bulk of the population.

However, some people are lucky to find true love online. Who knows, you might be one of them, so take heart and keep reaching out, God will bring that special person in due time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2020 11:51 AM

Nothing is wrong with chatting to several persons online at a time, the problem occurs when you are talking to too many at a time and because of that you do not have too many or any meaningful conversations or communications..

MrCMW

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2020 02:13 PM

i been on the premium account for a month just to try it out. well nothing difference between the prem and normal acc. i do agree this app is not a competition but rather it about your intention when you are log in. just a reminder...scammer do exist here. just becareful.

Lissetie

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2020 11:31 AM

Fr my experience I have learnt that real people and serious ones do exists but are not noticed. May be its because of the wrong choice we made

Page : 1 2