Author Thread: Want to go sailing!
Admin

Want to go sailing!
Posted : 13 Jun, 2021 05:54 PM

I want to find an older gal that would enjoy to go sailing - on a larger boat, for a while. I mean, to go out in Florida not knowing when we will return. The sailboat has a forward and aft cabin, so the lucky woman would have her own room. Knowing how to sail is not so important as long as she would be willing to learn and she is not afraid of the water. I am looking for companionship and to be friends. If anything else came after that, it would be great, but someone looking for adventure and fine with living on the open ocean for an extended time, is who I am looking for. So, I don't know where or how to find this woman! Any suggestions?

1jon310

View Profile
History
Want to go sailing!
Posted : 18 Jun, 2021 07:31 PM

Clicked on this guy's profile to find the back story and he is no longer on CDFF. What he is asking for sounds like a story that ends with a headline of "Woman's Body Was Not Found."

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Want to go sailing!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2021 01:57 AM

My sentiments exactly...

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Want to go sailing!
Posted : 24 Jun, 2021 05:49 AM

@1jon310

slightly ironic that you'd be the one to warn about the dangers of a sailboat when your avatar seems to be from the Titanic disaster ;)

but yeah, totally appropriate warning, given that the offer was romance novel material ;)

(i'm old enough to daydream a beautiful future, while being completely "steeled" against actually responding :) ).

it did remind me of a nice co-worker who had a yacht and was about to do a six month tour... timing was such that my contract was expiring just in time to join them. my marriage was over, but i was still trying to salvage it. so i didn't go. it was the right thing to do... to still try even though i knew i'd fail. but i have *so* much more peace that i made the effort and didn't take the "low hanging fruit".

obtw, read your profile... was... well, there's not many good profiles on this site of people around my age... but yours was really nice... lots to think about :)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Want to go sailing!
Posted : 24 Jun, 2021 06:21 PM

To find a woman like that—just use a chocolate marshmallow on a fishhook.

But—-some men seeking an easy catch have ended up in the jaws of a very uncontrollable she shark!!

The moral of the story: if she swallows your hook line and sinker—-and marshmallow—-it could mean you’re next

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Want to go sailing!
Posted : 25 Jun, 2021 03:26 AM

@LittleDavid

when i was younger i liked to read about spy stuff... i preferred the ones that were (supposedly) true stories.

i'm forgetting the name of the book, but there was one about a cell that was commissioned after the attack on the Israeli Olympics team by the Mossad. Team was drawn from non-agents to add to plausible deniability.

anyway, team had a lot of success killing off the persons that Golda Meir put on the list of those that her government thought was responsible.

but one night after a successful hit, while back at the hotel, the team left one of the members alone in the bar with a young woman...

it was the last they saw him alive....

(they didn't ever figure out who paid her; who she was working for. but they did get revenge... something that was hard to read about, for obvious reasons...)

so yes, when setting a trap, beware of the "prey" ;)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Want to go sailing!
Posted : 25 Jun, 2021 08:56 PM

There’s a lot of that documented in real life made for TV on shows like The Forensic Files and FBI re-enactments and documentaries.

Very very sad state of affairs. There’s love” gone bad and many other very sad stories of people preying on people. Dating stories that don’t end well. Sometimes a clip begins with a beautiful couple SOOOO in love. Looks like a romance made in heaven only to end in bitterness, tragedy and murder.

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Want to go sailing!
Posted : 1 Jul, 2021 01:25 PM

yes... when i was younger i'd get sucked in from the start of the show and just *have* to watch it to the gruesome conclusion...

now i'm... wise? enough to immediately click out the second i realize what kind of show it is...