Author Thread: Why Am I Contacted By All These Phillipines Girls?
Admin

Why Am I Contacted By All These Phillipines Girls?
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 09:00 AM

Rarely will an American lady spontaneously contact me while I'm logged on, but I get Instant Messages and Winks from all these Filipinas. Is there a tradition among them to reach out to American men? Is there possibly a cultural goal to get out of their country by meeting someone overseas? Many of them are years younger than me, and an American girl in her twenties would not normally be reaching out to a guy my age. I have found this on other dating websites as well.

What's going on here?

agnesmiguel

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2012 05:48 AM

WE GO TO AMERICA WITHOUT YOUR GREEN CARD...

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2012 10:48 AM

Please don't generalize all Filipinas like me. If you happen to know our culture and how we're brought up by our family, you would know why. If you get to conduct surveys from Americans married to a Filipina, i'm sure your views would change. Perhaps some, but not all, are after your money or something. Although we don't earn as much as you do, we are hardworking and we still manage to smile despite the crisis. We can adopt easily to various situations and we care for our elders until their last breath. We have strong family ties and family-oriented. Most of all we have a strong faith in our one true God. We're not ashamed of the gospel and we humbly declare most of us are Christians.

Peace brother!

marianne1977

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2012 04:49 PM

thank you cattleman2011 , appreciated because not all are scammers :)

asucena

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2012 12:40 AM

i agree with you born,, god bless us

yve24242

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2012 09:50 AM

I would say that I am offended to be singled out as a scammer simply because of my nationality. Like what the other Filipina said, they are other things to being a person, and I would like to say that there are a lot of scammers, regardless of nationality, color or ethnicity (if I was redundant, that is for emphasis). I have met Caucasians who tell blatant lies in emails and IM's on this site. Its just a matter of asking God to help you discern who is telling the truth and who is not.

And besides that, you can actually customize your settings so that only people from the US can contact you. I would assume that the level of education you would have had would have given you the wits to figure that out for yourself.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2012 01:58 PM

railrunner. You obviously dont recognize real women when you see them. Filipinas are the sweetest, most loving, generous, faithful, God fearing women I have ever met. Age difference? My uncle was 69 when he flew to the RP and got married. She was 21. He wasnt rich and he wasnt looking for a young woman. He was looking for someone who would be faithful. Almost 18 years later they are still together. He is ill and she is by his side constantly. She would never consider putting him in a nursing home. Unlike the people of the US, filipinos do not get rid of the elderly.

To Filipinas, only God is more important than family.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2012 11:39 AM

Hi Dave! My response is years from your original post, but I think you generalize about us American ladies a bit. Not all American ladies are gold diggers who want perfection, but there are many who do and many men who are attracted to their "perfect looks, perfect bodies, etc.". Perhaps if you looked for friendship and partnership first from an American woman, you would quickly find out what she is looking for. It becomes apparent to me, quickly, which women are out for the qualities of which you speak.

Guess what my dear Phillipino neighbor told me. Background: she married an American man 20-30 years her senior. She said she was glad to get out of a Third World Country. Her husband stated that she is so money-hungry from having been raised the way she was. She wants it all. She tried desparately to get other neighbor men to marry her sister. I cannot blame these women. I have not visited a third world country, but have seen enough pictures to understand. My cousin married a beautiful Phillipino woman from a nice family. I love her dearly. I had a female doctor who was Phillipino and thought she did a great job. I believe the answer is that you are contacted by people who, rightfully so, would like to improve their lives by living in America and are willing to marry a stranger much older in order to do so. For me, I have never been interested in marrying a stranger much older than myself. It's all relative, isn't it?

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2012 01:24 PM

If you combine responses from His1Herad and bornforyou, you can pretty go "yeh" or "ney"

I'll say YEH to their combined reasons by refining both, and make it 1 whole piece. I don't agree with all of each person's, but they both have GREAT POINTS

All nations have scammers. All... and I mean, ALL! national governments have scamming practices including U.S of A, but

we know some are more than others considering the level of poverty in their backyard. Thank God for haven blessed us in this country. "We better get the timbers out of our eyes 1st"

really, so we can see how our nation is being bankrupted by scamming us the people as we write our opinions here!

Guys just be wise against the foolish filipinas. THERE ARE LOTS OF WELL MEANING FILIPINAS, AND I LOVE 'EM

kristylyn

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2012 07:12 AM

why are u blaming filipinos re: scams? i receive tons of winks and messages from other races too.. most are scammer. as much as i wanted to mention a race i will just keep it since i dont want to generalize races. let's be careful of what we are saying here.... the only thing that proves that we are real is if JESUS is with us it shows in our actions...

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2012 08:52 AM

Thank you so much, Brother His1Herald! I�m a Filipina and proud to be one. I appreciate what you said: that we Filipinas are wonderful ladies, are dedicated to our marriages and children, age very well (actually with our understanding of life), have simple needs, have strong Christian faith, are usually in good mood, want fun in life (because we choose to look at the positive part of life than dwell in the negative�the pains, hardships, even poverty), have strong community (and family) bonds (the reason for our having house parties and picnics, and are friendly, outgoing, warm, kind, and caring. That is who we are and that�s why our new campaign theme for tourism is �It�s more fun in the Philippines.�

You are quite right in saying �you better like Karaoke!� if our gentlemen here want to relate well with families and friends in provincial settings. I don�t think, however, that many Christians who do not stay in the provinces like karaoke. There are only a few Christian songs in the karaoke machines and Christians usually don�t go to Karaoke bars.

Why do many Filipinas contact Americans? I know that this forum question was posted long time ago, but I think my response can still be useful, so I�ll try to respond based on my observations.

1. We prefer Americans to British and other Europeans because of historical ties and exposure to American language and culture.

Our English is nearer to American accent than to British accent. We watch American movies and shows and have therefore acculturated (unconsciously) with American culture while keeping our own. Moreover, many Filipinos have relatives or friends who have already migrated to USA and therefore have received good feedback on relationships with Americans. There are also many Americans who are here now with their girlfriends or wives and have chosen to stay in Philippines. (So, who says that Filipinas are only interested in the green card, American citizenship, or the American dream?).

2. I�d guess that many Filipinas are more mature than their Filipino male counterparts of the same age. Hence, younger women prefer older men while the older men also prefer younger women (I will not mention why).

3. Some Filipinas especially those who are from the provinces or are poor dream of a better life with �white� men and of producing beautiful and handsome children. Perhaps, it�s more of prejudice to color and race (even our own race).

4. There are not many single men in Philippines in the age range of 35 to 60, while there are many women who are. 15 years ago, I heard that the ratio of Filipino single men to Filipino single women was 1:7. This means more girls than boys were born at a certain period of time. Worse, some men have openly turned to gays. Then of course, the men who got married usually do not get divorced because Filipinos value marriage, family, tradition, and culture.

God bless you.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10