Author Thread: Should the Church have single events?
Raffie

View Profile
History
Should the Church have single events?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2021 10:16 PM

From what I have noticed over the decades that church pretty much offers events for everyone BUT the singles.

Singles between the age of 30 to 65 are over looked and assumed you are either dating or in the midst of divorce.

When I ask a church why there is no events for singles they say "Well its a liability and/or to many predators will show up." In a nut shell GO AWAY.

Would like to get to know singles at a church but the second the sermon is over they door dash while the families mingle and talk to each other.

So what is your view(s) in the Church and singles?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2021 05:13 AM

Singles shouldn't go to church just to meet a spouse.

Church is to worship and learn about Who God is and what he wants for our life.

It's possible to meet a spouse at church. However, that's only a possibility.

Msby churches do still have singles events .

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2021 05:14 AM

" Many churches"

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2021 09:31 AM

I think this is something the church needs to look into.. but I do not think that is something that is a priority, most churches basically makee certain events, so that singles should get involved in hopes that they meet somebody.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2021 09:33 AM

yes it's a place of worship but it is also place where we can meet like minded ,make friends and potentially find a partner

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2021 05:40 AM

Fully agree with you. It seems as if the churches only exist for the traditional families - single parents or singles in my age group 35 - 50yrs are just forgotten. I joined a church a few years ago, absolutely love it, but after 4 years, and lots of enquiries, have not attended one event for my age group neither met any other singles! Its almost as if we are being banished from society, and as a Christian, I do no believe in hook ups in bars - church is where I want to meet people, have meaningful conversations and go out on events with

Raffie

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2021 10:16 PM

All I was saying that singles should get events put on by the church like all the other groups do.

There is great exclusion towards singles.

Raffie

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2021 10:20 PM

Single older men are not nearly as welcomed as single women are.

I have been hurt by more Christians than non Christians.

Because of my age and I'm a SINK to most in the church I'm seen as a bad person and to be avoided.

I have went out of my way to invite people over or get something going and they have all the excuses. However, quite a few times I have seen them make get togethers with other couples.

dance2cedm

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2022 02:48 AM

In the past churches often had singles groups for over 25 (under 25, they still do), but such groups vanished. From what I understand, many churches felt like it became like a meat market and wasn't serving the purposes of the church.

It wouldn't be so bad if everything else wasn't so divided by demographic. For example, small groups tend to be limited to married couples, married couples with young children, men, women, youth, 18-25. Your only choice as a single over 25 is a group with all people your own gender. Even if there are groups open to anyone, a small group is typically so small your odds of meeting someone you'd be interested in -- especially after you eliminate the married people -- are close to zero.

I understand churches' reticence to have singles outings for the plus-25 crowd, but they need to try harder. I'm sure there are things you can do without it becoming a meat market.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2022 07:40 PM

The 501C3 Tax exempt 'church' is a Business, and cannot be found within the Scriptures.

The 'church' is a place where people are entertained by a so called 'worship band', not found within the Scriptures either.

The 'church' does not exist within the Scriptures, BUT the BODY of Believers in Yashua are in the Scriptures.

Read the Word for yourself, do not listen to the self proclaimed HIRELINGS called 'pastor', meet with a few other BELIEVERS to dicuss the Scriptures, and to Worship in spirit and truth.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2022 01:19 PM

What does tax have to do with singles events⁉️⁉️

You must be thinking about an IRS singles event‼️‼️😂😂😂🤣🤣

Anyway, Thanks for the heads-up on Quiznic hurlings‼️‼️😂🤣🤣

Look at it this way Quiz—the 501C3 Tax exempt 'church' wasn’t mentioned in the Bible because the Bible was written 2000 years before‼️‼️‼️‼️🤣🤣😂😂

Page : 1 2