Author Thread: What should I do in this situation
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
What should I do in this situation
Posted : 24 Feb, 2023 09:23 PM

I was talking to this guy for about a year and a half pretty consistently like every day. We met this past December for three days (he came out of state). After meeting, I noticed he wasn't replying to my text messages at all. After 10 days he replied to me and said sorry for late reply. I replied and he again didn't reply for about 7 days. I then replied and got mad a little and said I don't go for boring married scammerz anyways. He said again sorry for the late reply and said he is not married and not a scammer. I just didn't understand why he didn't give a solid explanation to me about why everything seemed to have gone cold in my eyes? Should I contact him again? Or leave it?

2mountain

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2023 05:42 PM

I wish I could 'up-vote' some of the responses. But I can't, so I'll just have to explain my thoughts.

There's something about meeting in person that can't be denied. In that moment of first sight, you generally know the person in a myriad of ways that you never can through words on a screen. Or even an actual phone conversation, although actually talking on the phone is (scientifically proven!) much more connecting than any other communication method, even more so than a video chat.

If you don't 'click' in real life, let it go at that? But to everyone out there, I'd definitely caution you all against developing any emotions with someone before you meet in person.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2023 06:28 PM

Good advice mountain!👍

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2023 07:03 PM

Hazel, you asked for help. several men and a couple of women have all said "move on" but you seem to think you can change things. Stop dwelling on this man that just didn't work out. It does NOT mean you are worthless or ugly or uneducated. stop trying to "figure it out". You are a pretty girl and hopefully smarter than you are showing us. Let GO - there are many interesting men and one is waiting to meet YOU.

Procreate^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2023 04:52 AM

He did you a favor. Dismiss and move on. It is a sample and clue of how things will be in marriage. Only multiply it a thousand fold.

MisterSmith999^

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2023 10:28 AM

I would leave him alone. The answer to your question is probably as simple as this, he found someone else he likes better. And that is no reflection on you. Many people are shallow. We believe that just because someone is a Christian they are above the ways of this world, but nothing could be further from the truth. This happens to everyone; recently it has even happened to me. In this world we live in, no one is irreplaceable. This is something we must accept and be able to live with. Although we are Christians, we must live in the world. God bless, JIm

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2023 03:17 PM

Thank you to all of you for your answers! Very informative!

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2023 06:19 PM

Hazel, I might be reading between the lines here and if so i'm sorry. But seeing your other post here I'm getting the idea you might overthink things a bit?

I had a friend do this and is ate her up inside. definitely take a step back at times if i'm right about this.

FishSlap

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 12:47 PM

Maybe he's 'once bitten, twice shy' . Hard saying not knowing.

grimster

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2023 08:23 PM

If a woman stops talking to me I find someone else. The right person is out there.

Page : 1 2