Author Thread: The Favorite List?
aniontedbachelor

View Profile
History
The Favorite List?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 02:35 PM

Whos got you on their "favorite list" and does it really matter?

Does it motivate you to keep seeking. after all I believe were looking for compatibility here? Help me out> Please

View Profile
History
The Favorite List?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2010 06:48 AM

Friend, I put ladies on my favorites list and send them winks.

My list got so big it was 7 pages long.I never even winked at ladies anymore.I just put some on it.Recently I changed and Started to send out winks again.On the 1st of the year I sent a whole bunch of happy New Years greetings out.It got 2 responses.The 1 lady is writing me everyday.The other has responded 2 times.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
The Favorite List?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2010 09:54 PM

Your Q: Whos got you on their "favorite list" and does it really matter?

Well, 5 women, 1 man... Oh my!! Yes... I got some Friends

here!! :yay: They think me special!! :yay:

Your Q: Does it motivate you to keep seeking. after all I believe wer'e looking for compatibility here? Help me out> Please

Yes it does motivate me to keep seeking, BUT stay in participating with the forums. You know, God has away of bringing people into our lives. I've gotten bolder the last couple weeks in extending a hello... not being a flirt mind you, but checking out profiles and just looking around.

I joined this site to be with like-minded Christian men AND women who I could learn, grow and share with, and in hopes that maybe if I put up a profile, someone would see me (male!), and like what they see and perhaps something would develop from here.

Now, I'm not into alot of the "winking", I guess I need a definition of what winking is supposed to signify? I think I am too old school and probably can't appreciate the new way of alerting someone that "I'm interested". I know, after thinking about it, I'd rather someone interested in me, to just send me a message and ask me " What are you about? or " I'm interested in knowing more about you". Remember, there are a lot us who have our special preferences of approach out here. Well, I've said enough for now.

:rolleyes:

~ GraceMae

imking43

View Profile
History
The Favorite List?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2010 11:08 PM

To me, the favorate lits contains the ladied that I would like to communicate with.

There are two reasons why I will send a WINK to a lady.

1. I like this person but I'm not all that sure I fit her taste based on what she says in her profile.

2. I don't have much time in my hand to writ e a message so istead of just viewing the profile and go, I will send her a WINK.

If you are expecting a response from a lady, my advice is that take your time and write a thoughtful message to her. The first invitation message says a lot about you no matter how short it may be. The key to a good invitation message to a lady is your thoughtfulness.

May the blessing of the Lord be with all at this Forum as we encourage each other in the Lord.

Inkabink

View Profile
History
The Favorite List?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 07:35 PM

Agnos

View Profile
History
The Favorite List?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 09:08 PM

Well, I have to say something that I did not know. When enter the site I thought that only man "should" be in a woman's list of favorites, until days ago that I saw one of my sisters here, adding me to her favorite list....Thanks!!!!!!

Then, I understood that the favorite list is for all those that in some way become close to us, mostly here in the Forum. As I have only time at night to come and share, [work to far from home, long driving, etc] I have delay adding her to my almost empty list... but I just did it Grace!!! now I have 2 friends there. That way I can follow their posting and share sometimes with them, ideas and friendship...

By the way... do not get discouraged if you are not in a lot of others lists... some of us would be devastated... :goofball: but we are not!!!

GraceMae

View Profile
History
The Favorite List?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 10:09 PM

Thanks Agnos!

This is a great site to exchange and learn and grow together. I think that "real" friendships can develop from our sharing together here. Maybe we won't be close in proximity, right down the street from one another, but I think there is something special that we've shared that make us form a "special" bond of friendship that wont' ever go away.

Some of those that are in my list of favorites are not necessarily men and women that I write personally often, or anything about mutual attractions, but they've got something special I spotted in them that was genuine, a special quality I liked, and hey, I feel that anytime I want, I can drop a line personally to share something or check on them.

I think we mistake this site sometimes as just a place to get the hookup for a mate. We don't know what God is up to. He may have a purpose for us that is not just about us getting hooked up with our future life long partner, but to use us to be witnesses for others who hurt or need to grow in areas we're experienced in conquering.

Ok, I quit for now.... got carried away again. ~ GraceMae

jenchickee

View Profile
History
The Favorite List?
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 06:11 PM

I think of the favorite list as a "bookmark" - to check out later, or as some have said, they're your friend. However, it gets a little creepy, when you haven't had any contact with them.

And I don't like winks. If you are interested say hello, and what you liked about my profile that made you say hi in the first place. Its just conversation.:buddies:

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
The Favorite List?
Posted : 15 Feb, 2010 07:47 AM

for me no it dont keep me anything i think i have 2 or 3 and am on 2 or 3 but i have not been on here that long either.

i like this site because for the most part there r really good interesting ppl here.

i dont understand the problem with winks i was in the live chat the other night and a few of them were talking about hating those, why, i dont understand. i dont send them usually but when someone sends me one i think well they r just seeing if i might be interested and if im not i say thank u but no but most of the time even if i am not interested like that i usually ask if they want to be friends i dont think u can never have enough friends.

blessings:waving: