Author Thread: Let's start a Joke thread!
Admin

Let's start a Joke thread!
Posted : 20 Feb, 2010 04:37 AM

A Police K-9 squad car was parked by a sidewalk at a mall with the K-9 dog in the back seat. When the Officer returned to his unit he saw a little boy about 5 years old standing on the sidewalk staring at the back window.

"Mr Please Man...is that a dog?" the young boy asked with a serious look on his face...he was almost frowning.

"Why, yes son...that is a dog" answered the officer.

The boys lips were squashed together and he paused for a moment...still staring at that window...then asked the officer "Are you taking him to the lease station?"

The police officer was writing some notes, but stopped briefly to answer "Yes...yes I am"

The little boy took in a deep breath through his nose...turned and looking up at the policeman with his pouting lips and squinting eyes said

"What did he do?" :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Agnos

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2010 05:03 PM

Jude!!! that one was "original" :ROFL:

///

And God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow vegetable of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

And Satan created McDonald's. And McDonald's brought forth the 99-cent double-cheeseburger. And Satan said to Man, "You want fries with that?"

And Man said, "Super size them." And Man gained pounds.

And God created the healthful yogurt, that woman might keep her figure that man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth chocolate. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "Try my crispy fresh salad."

And Satan brought forth ice cream. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "I have sent your heart healthy vegetables and olive oil with which to cook them."

And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter.

And Man gained pounds and his bad cholesterol went through the roof.

And God brought forth running shoes and Man resolved to lose those extra pounds.

And Satan brought forth cable TV with remote control so Man would not have to toil to change channels.

And Man gained pounds.

And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition.

And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fat fried them. And he created sour cream dip also.

And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips swaddled in cholesterol.

And Satan saw and said, "It is good."

And Man went into cardiac arrest.

And God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

And Satan created HMOs.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2010 07:59 PM

Oh... I've been gone a few days, but you guys and gals are SOOO good..... I've been reading and chucklin!! Agnos.... you made me hungry!! :applause:

So, ok... I kinda run out of jokes but I do have something to share that might make you smile....

-------------------------

The Good Ole' Days....

Someone asked the other day, 'What was your favorite fast food when you were growing up? 'We didn't have fast food when I was growing up,' I informed him. 'All the food was slow.'

'C'mon, seriously. Where did you eat?' 'It was a place called 'at home,'' I explained! 'Mom cooked every day and when Dad got home from work, we sat down together at the dining room table, and if I didn't like what she put on my plate I was allowed to sit there until I did like it.'

By this time, the kid was so hard I was afraid he was going to suffer serious internal damage, so I didn't tell him the part about how I had to have permission to leave the table.

But here are some other things I would have told him about my childhood if I figured his system could have handled it :

Some parents NEVER owned their own house, wore Levis , set foot on a golf course, traveled out of the country or had a credit card.

In their later years they had something called a revolving charge card. The card was good only at Sears Roebuck. Or maybe it was Sears & Roebuck. Either way, there is no Roebuck anymore. Maybe he died.

My parents never drove me to soccer practice This was mostly because we never had heard of soccer. I had a bicycle that weighed probably 50 pounds, and only had one speed, (slow).

We didn't have a television in our house until I was 19.

It was, of course, black and white, and the station went off the air at midnight, after playing the national anthem and a poem about God; it came back on the air at about 6 a..m. and there was usually a locally produced news and farm show on, featuring local people.

I was 21 before I tasted my first pizza, it was called 'pizza pie'. When I bit into it, I burned the roof of my mouth and the cheese slid off, swung down, plastered itself against my chin and burned that, too. It's still the best pizza I ever had.

I never had a telephone in my room. The only phone in the house was in the living room and it was on a party line. Before you could dial, you had to listen and make sure some people you didn't know weren't already using the line..

Pizzas were not delivered to our home. But milk was.

All newspapers were delivered by boys and all boys delivered newspapers --my brother delivered a newspaper, six days a week. It cost 7 cents a paper, of which he got to keep 2 cents. He had to get up at 6AM every morning.

On Saturday, he had to collect the 42 cents from his customers. His favorite customers were the ones who gave him 50 cents and told him to keep the change. His least favorite customers were the ones who seemed to never be home on collection day.

Movie stars kissed with their mouths shut. At least, they did in the movies. There were no movie ratings because all movies were responsibly produced for everyone to enjoy viewing, without 20 profanity or violence or most anything offensive.

If you grew up in a generation before there was fast food, you may want to share some of these memories with your children or grandchildren. Just don't blame me if they bust a gut .

Growing up isn't what it used to be, is it?

MEMORIES from a friend

My Dad is cleaning out my grandmother's house (she died in December) and he brought me an old Royal Crown Cola bottle. In the bottle top was a stopper with a bunch of holes in it.. I knew immediately what it was, but my daughter had no idea. She thought they had tried to make it a salt shaker or something. I knew it as the bottle that sat on the end of the ironing board to 'sprinkle' clothes with because we didn't have steam irons. Man, I am old.

How many do you remember?

Head lights dimmer switches on the floor.

Ignition switches on the dashboard.

Heaters mounted on the inside of the fire wall.

Real ice boxes.

Pant leg clips for bicycles without chain guards.

Soldering irons you heat on a gas burner.

Using hand signals for cars without turn signals.

Older Than Dirt Quiz:

Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you were told about.Ratings at the bottom.

1. Blackjack chewing gum

2.Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water

3. Candy cigarettes

4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles

5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes

6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers

7. Party lines on the telephone

8.. Newsreels before the movie

9. P.F. Flyers

10. Butch wax

11. TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3 channels [if you were fortunate])

12. Peashooters

13. Howdy Doody

14. 45 RPM records

15. S& H greenstamps

16. Hi-fi's

17. Metal ice trays with lever

18. Mimeograph paper

19. Blue flashbulb

20. Packards

21. Roller skate keys

22. Cork popguns

23. Drive-ins

24. Studebakers

25. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young

If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older

If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age,

If you remembered 16-25 = You' re older than dirt!

I might be older than dirt but those memories are some of the best parts of my life.

------------------------------------------

I know it was long, and yes I'M OLD cause I remember most all this stuff!! ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2010 09:54 AM

Oh My...:applause::excited::ROFL:...

Agnos ~ Now thats REAL...

GraceMae ~ Dang !!! Ima not sayin how much or old my dirt is my cobwebbed attick...but I've lookin fer my PF Flyers for years...I wanna run faster an jump higher toooooooo....Waaaaaaaaaaaa....:bouncy:....Hey has anyone found my Yellow 45 RPM Puff the Magic Dragon...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2010 03:28 PM

At a 50's style diner in Bryan,Ohio they still have the jukebox with 45's. Ha ha ha

You forgot somethings GraceMae.

Hand turn ice cream makers.

home made noodles, the kind grandma made.

Agnos

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2010 03:47 PM

GraceMae and Jude, I grew up in another country ... well... more than "grew up" I "grew old"... because I lived there until I was 40.... - Hey!! have you noticed that? - ...40 years... Moses... Egypt.... Agnos... Cuba.... never mind.

Well as I did not lived in USA all those years that you are describing I don't get the complete idea... but some of them apply to my life too and they bring me memories and sweet feelings...

///

A man bought a donkey from a preacher. The preacher told the man that this donkey had been trained in a very unique way, (being the donkey of a preacher). The only way to make the donkey go, was to say, "Hallelujah!" The only way to make the donkey stop, was to say, "Amen!"

The man was pleased with his purchase and immediately got on the animal to try out the preacher's instructions. "Hallelujah!" shouted the man. The donkey began to trot. "Amen!" shouted the man. The donkey stopped immediately. "This is great!" said the man. With a "Hallelujah," he rode off very proud of his new purchase.

The man traveled for a long time through some mountains. Soon he was heading toward a cliff. He could not remember the word to make the donkey stop. "Stop," said the man. "Halt!" he cried. The donkey just kept going. "Oh, no... Bible!....Church!...Please Stop!!" shouted the man. The donkey just began to trot faster. He was getting closer and closer to the cliff edge. Finally, in desperation, the man said a prayer. "Please, dear Lord. Please make this donkey stop before I go off the end of this mountain, In Jesus name, AMEN."

The donkey came to an abrupt stop just one step from the edge of the cliff.

"HALLELUJAH!", shouted the man.

..... Oops!!! that would hurt!!!! :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2010 05:10 PM

This guy's father dies and he tells the undertaker he wants the best of everything for his father. He got a bill, he didn't have time to go the funeral, so he got a bill for $16,000 and he payed it up. The next month he gets another bill for $85, a little supplementary bill, so he payed it right up. The next month he gets another bill for $85 and he payed it up. Another month he got a bill for $85, so he called up the undertaker and said "I'm still getting a bill for $85 every month, what is that about?"

The undertaker said "You wanted the best for your father, so I rented him a tux!"

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2010 07:41 PM

Oh... Katie, Agnos... good ones!!

:rolleyes: :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

patou

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 01:34 AM

Hey folks, I'm not very good with jokes but let me try on this one okay!

A young man invited his buddy to his home.When they've arrived there, the young man's grandmother was taking a nap at the living room. He asked his buddy to sit while he's preparing something in the kitchen. In a bowl on top of the coffee table was some peanuts, he took some & ate it. After quite some time the grandmother was awaken & say hello to him. She asked him if he want some chocolate bar, he said no & thanked the old lady. So she started to eat the chocolate & then spitted out some peanuts into the bowl from the coffee table because she has no teeth at all.

Now can you imagine the face of that man, knowing that what he has eaten comes from this old lady's mouth! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 05:47 PM

Patou and Katie -- good ones!!

:applause: :applause: :laugh: :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2010 03:54 PM

Road Kill Cafe

Skunk burgers- do not mind the smell it taste like chicken.

Deer Burgers- It is well ground.

racoon soup- a family of coons can feed your family.

possum steak- it is natures left overs.

Vulture sticks- instead of beef jerky we want something more healthy,bird meat.

Dog- Chinese eat them.

Squrils- kida meal, we make them into nuggets.:eat:

Drinks :buddies:

Bitter juice- it makes you pucker your face.

sour apple juice- it is sour

For kids- :Mug:

caster oil- It really is that old drink grandma gave you.

Owner Dennis :ROFL:

Page : 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17