Author Thread: It Exists! Would the Racist Christian Enter Heaven's Gates?
Akuilfa

View Profile
History
It Exists! Would the Racist Christian Enter Heaven's Gates?
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 12:23 PM

Recent events have led me to research the terms Racism, Racist and Prejudice. Which by the way all have similarities. So many things we do and say are actually the ways and thinking of society and not Christianity. These 3 exist in all forms and fashion within so many around us and even within us.

Posting links might help but maybe they may just be forgotten about and never looked at. But do a mini search if you wish.

What do these types do when it is discovered one is like this?

Do you think,know,believe, a Prejudice person, racist person who says she/he is Christian would enter heaven?

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 09:35 PM

Great post Akuilfa! Great responses... in agreement with you all! :applause:

Akuilfa

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 09:53 PM

Thank you Grace Mae, Cattle and everyone who had made such great points. There are truly amazing children of God on this site.

Off Course Grace and Cat I am sure you know what encouraged me to put this post on here. That previous post about Mix Love. I think that it was not known to some who were against it that what they were doing was indeed racism and being prejudice.

My views may have seemed as though I was offended in a personal way. I think I was and also in a spiritual way (if I may use that word). I felt so much pity towards that person. I was angered even that a Christian person would say these things and feel that way. We are all entitled to opinions on everything but is it worth it when our Christianity is being diminished?

I think sometimes some just love to see if they are capable of getting another riled up about something. I view that personally as Malice.

As a Christian tonight and for My personal peace I forgive them. I ask everyone reading this to pray for them that they may truly be saved. May God remove these ways from within them and in turn may they have Peace, Joy and instead spread Love.

Amen.:prayingf:

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2010 08:32 PM

(new international version)

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men�robbers, evildoers, adulterers�or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted

(kjv)

9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2010 03:01 AM

"Ouch! I just stepped on a Thorn! There... it's out!"

The thorn must have come from the St. John's Wort bush., But the thorn is Gone Now!! :peace:

Our DNA can be traced back to Adam and Eve. The difference in my DNA and your DNA is less than 1.5 %!

We teach our children to hate and despise and to "seperate"...otherwise they would not know the differences. We need to be more like children. Strive to be more like children.

One Blood!

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2010 10:34 PM

I haven't read through all of the replies, so I'm sorry if I repeat anything.

"Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sinning in judgement on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you - who are you to judge your neighbor?" -James 4:11-12

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give and it will be given to you. A good measure pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." -Luke 6:37-38

"For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God." -1 Corinthians 2:11

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." -Luke 6:35-36

Honestly... I have NO idea what all God is going to say in those times, and I have NO idea who and who won't be allowed into heaven. All I know is what "I" do and MY actions. As for everyone else? Just try and love 'em... Even if they hate you back for no reason at all. (something I'm still working on, myself. lol)

In Christ

Garrett

Akuilfa

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2010 01:03 PM

Hey Garrett or Jesus Freak (guessing that you are a fan of DCTalk like me)

Very very great points and I agree with the last thing you said. We are not perfect all we can do is pray, Try and Leave The Rest To God.:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2010 01:07 PM

Get into Heaven? Our behavior as Christians does not keep us from getting into Heaven. It can have a bearing on our inheritance and rewards but that is a different matter. I think that we are all on different levels of learning to reflect the image of Christ and it is not our place to make judgments about whether or not sinful behavior will keep someone out of heaven.

The important thing for us is how we respond to hatred when we are exposed to it. Racism and prejudice is everywhere in the world. We will always experience it. If not for our color, then for our beliefs and if not for that then for the country, state or county we live in.

The bottom line is simply that we need to remember that we are responsible to God for ourselves and not for others. We will answer to Him for our behavior and what we did to show His love and carry out His will in this world. I would rather not worry about why I am hated but rather whether or no I responded to hate with love because love will always overcome hate. Mt 5: 43 - 48.

Rev 3:21 "'To him who overcomes I will give the privilege of sitting down with Me on My throne, as I also have overcome and have sat down with My Father on His throne."

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 04:25 AM

Nice Response Thunder!

I like the way you think. R U Married? :laugh: (kidding)

Seriously...excellent point!

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 04:25 AM

Nice Response Thunder!

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 04:26 AM

Nice Response Thunder!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7