Author Thread: It Exists! Would the Racist Christian Enter Heaven's Gates?
Akuilfa

View Profile
History
It Exists! Would the Racist Christian Enter Heaven's Gates?
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 12:23 PM

Recent events have led me to research the terms Racism, Racist and Prejudice. Which by the way all have similarities. So many things we do and say are actually the ways and thinking of society and not Christianity. These 3 exist in all forms and fashion within so many around us and even within us.

Posting links might help but maybe they may just be forgotten about and never looked at. But do a mini search if you wish.

What do these types do when it is discovered one is like this?

Do you think,know,believe, a Prejudice person, racist person who says she/he is Christian would enter heaven?

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 02:13 PM

This is tough, you would think so but it is...the New Testament makes it clear that to hate someone is to commit murder in your heart. So...God sees that hatred as murder. Obviously a breaking of the Ten Commandments. On the other hand, God knows we are a sinful people and that's why He sent Jesus to on the cross to forgive us our sins...and yet (I feel like I'm running circles, haha!) when we come to God and repent, which means that we turn away from our sinful ways, we are supposed to do our best to live as Christ lived. So if we are trying to live our life as best to our ability as Christ did, I don't see how a Christian could hate/ be racist, I mean they would of had to of repented/turned away from the sin of hatred/murder. To continue in that kind of lifestyle would be a constant and deliberate act of sin against God. I say that cause I know that we all back slide from time to time but to keep a sinful lifestyle is not backsliding, that person never changed to begin with. So I guess to answer your question...No, I don't think a racist person who considers themselves a Christian makes to Heaven.

Just my thoughts and God is a lot more merciful than me. Thanks for the post!!

Akuilfa

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 05:15 PM

Your Welcome StormCounty.

And Wow that is deep.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 06:13 PM

prejudism is a tactic from the enemy to maintain chaos and divison among God's people.

We are supposed to emulate Jesus and that means loving.

John 15:12

No matter what we do for Him, without love, it means nothing. 1 Corinthians 13

dont worry, God will deal with them:)

Blessings,

riveroflife

Akuilfa

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 06:56 PM

Well Said River.

Just saying River for short hope you don't mind.

A few more posts like yours would definitely help some of our brothers and sisters to set out some unresolved issues.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 07:02 PM

dear folks, i believe that it is sin to be racist..but to me thats not the unforgiveable sin..

i say look within oneself and if you come to realize that you do indeed still sin in some way shape or form.. do you believe youre not goin to heaven?

see i realize that im a sinner same as that racist if hes been saved.. i believe the same grace that covers me will cover him..

less he turns to unbelief and looses his faith..

ole cattle

LovelyMami

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 06:11 AM

I do not think they would go to heaven if they are racist. I agree with all the others, in that if you hate then you are guilty of a sin.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 10:58 AM

Mmm...I think that if someone was ignorant of the fact that racism was sin, then maybe they would be in heaven...but it would be very hard to be ignorant about racism...it's so obviously wrong.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 11:55 AM

To be ignorant that being a racist is a sin is like being ignorant that the back of your hand to someone's face "Hurts" them.

The problem here is that we are all of ONE RACE. The Human Race. We all have the Same Blood.

When we begin to stereotype and "put" people into catergories and then to "degrade" them...to make them less than what they are and to "classify" them -- then we have become Racist and that is a SIN.

Scripture tells us that No One with even the "stain" of sin will get into Heaven. So...Pray for these poor misguided Brothers and Sisters.

Lostangel44

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 07:33 PM

Dearest child ... does not the Lord our God say, " but I tell you this, the greatest command of all is to love one another as I have loved you " he does not designate any color or gender ... racism, bigotry and intolerance have been with us since Satan became the second most powerful force in the universe and has not been the province of any particular group of people .Did not Moses' sister decry his marriage to a woman of dark skin, an Ethiopean ? Numbers 12 I believe, and was not God offended by the questioning and thus afflicted her with Leprosy , white as snow, God's mercy, through the intervention of Moses ( a white man ) allowed Miriam to be healed from the Leprosy so incurable in the ancient world ... and his brother Aaron to be spared completely ... so to answer your question to the best of my poor ability ... I offer the following ... In God is healing and mercy for anyone and through Jesus, even the vilest sinner ( and there are those throughout history whose crimes render racism a minor offense ) truly repenting his sin and accepting the Living God into his heart, his soul, his very being will indeed see Paradise... we are the recipients of the Holy Ghost ...and as such, recognize our sins both past and present, with the right to petition God for needed forgiveness ... we are love for all, and I truly believe Heaven is color blind and God is the merciful Judge " WHO FORGIVES US OVER AND OVER AND OVER " much love to you for blessed are the peacemakers ...

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 08:10 PM

To be a little more specific, perhaps we should say, "No one with UNFORGIVEN sins would be found in heaven?" Otherwise the Heavenly City could end up being a ghost town . . .

Scripture more acurately tells us that NO ONE is Righteous, NO NOT ONE. We have ALL sinned (and sinned and sinned continuously) and fallen short . . .

I am both carnal and holy; and I've had a lot more practice being carnal. Therefore, I am, even after 15 years of walking with my Lord and Saviior, still a sinner. Every day. Probably even every hour! (I even AT like a Spiritual Teenager much of the time!) I will be a SORRY sinner until the day I leave this home and God perfects me in the next.

I may not have been a racist today or this year; and I haven't been an adulturer this year; but I missed the mark in other ways and sometimes i even made God's "7 worst sins" list. (I think Pride's on there, isn't it?)

My more persistent sin failures are closely linked to what I learned and heard and how I was treated growing up. This is very likely to be the case for someone caught in the grip of racism or prejudice.

The moment I received HIM as my Heavenly Father's Free Gift to be my once and for all time sin forgiver (SAVIOR) my heart was won to a lifestyle of desiring to become more and more like Him.In this I fail miserably; but I press on . . .

And I welcome all the spare prayers any of you are willing to pass on!

SAINT Jewell in Wyoming

(That aught to cause Archi to spit some nails on the way to confession!)

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7