Author Thread
hedgedweller

View Profile
Dinner With A Foot In The Mouth
Posted : 13 May, 2011 03:55 PM

Thanks Chevy rocks,,,

Didnt know if anyone comes to the forums.

God Bless you buddy

Bruce

hedgedweller

View Profile
Posted : 13 May, 2011 05:18 AM

The meeting at Bishop Ermine Stewart�s "Church Of The Firstborn" in Brooklyn New York was nearing its end and I was extremely tired after two months of preaching. A friend of mine who is a overseer of a West Indian Denomination came to the meeting and asked if I would go to their 50th year Anniversary Saturday at noon. It was to be a fancy banquet at the Hyatt Hotel and I'd heard that the tickets was going to be $175.00 per plate. I suddenly started thinking that was way to high for my blood, isn't this crazy? I know that some of you don't think like me, but surely there must be some. That's a lot of money for me to go eat, fellowship and partake in a celebration where I personally hardly knew anyone. Still, there were a couple thousand other people who wasn't thinking like me.

By now you should know that I wasn't looking forward to going but then my friend said those "magically persuasive words," "Pastor Pass, I have a paid ticket, and I would like for you to be my guest". Suddenly I felt relief and joy at the same time. So I said yes, I'll be there, thinking quietly to myself, thank you for the blessing Lord.

Saturday morning I forced myself to wake up at 10:00am, shower, dress and go out the door. When I arrived at the Hotel I went to the room where the appetizers were being served and told the greeter at the door I was invited by Bro. Hyatt. He took me to him, and after we greeted and hug each other he asked that I sit down at his table and that he would be back in a few minutes. I was early, so only two other people were presently at his table.

Shortly thereafter the Bishop hurriedly came back and brought another man to the table. He introduced us to each other, sitting him beside me and then left again. The gentleman and I began talking a little but then after recognizing my southern accent he asked where I from was and what I was doing in New York. Exhausted and not into the conversation much, I told him I had been holding a meetings for the last month or so and I hadn't had a day off in a while. Then without much thought I said, "Brother, I am so tired". "I sure hope today's speaker is anointed and that he's been seeking God". "I would hate to get dressed, burn gas, put on my cologne, and come all the here this morning without hearing from God." Then I looked over at him and said: "Don�t you feel the same way?" He looked away from me and didn�t say another word. I was so embarrassed and wondered why I had said that. I know I must've offended him in some way. Basically, I was just expressing my tiredness and hoping that I would be genuinely and spiritually fed because I was needing it myself.

Foot Loose and Speaking free

I looked up and the Overseer was taking his last two steps and standing beside me saying, "Pastor Pass, Now that I have some time, it's my privilege to properly introduce you two. Bro So and So, this is Bro Pass, and Brother Pass, this is Bro So and So, the guest speaker of our Anniversary today. You're right! It was the man who I had been talking to all this time. I thought I was going to spit my mouth full of sweet tea all the way across the room. Have you ever said, "My God help me" and it was already to late, well I have. It took me a good five to ten minutes to be able to look this man in the face again. I was so ashamed of what I had said that I lost my appetite. How is that for timing? Now that�s not funny God! I mean, no appetizers, my hunger was gone. This is the first time in my life I was fixing to sit down and eat a $175 dinner and then I went and stuck my foot in my mouth. Now I was just sick to my stomach wishing I had never come, Wow! I would never pay for a meal like that in the first place and now that it was bought for me I couldn�t eat. We are not even talking about disrespecting my friend yet. I was afraid this man was going to tell the overseer what I had said and my mind thought of nothing but that.

When everyone else started going into the banquet room I purposely walked very slowly and stayed way back behind the overseer and the speaker of the day. I was hoping they would forget about me in all the celebratory atmosphere going on but usually miracles like that doesn't happen to me. If no one else saw me for the rest of the day it would be way too soon. I finally brought up the rear, slipping in the doors of the banquet hall and looked for a place to sit down away from everyone and all by myself. Wouldn't you know it; every table was set for 8, with peoples name cards assigned to each seat. That's not funny either God!

There I stood, in the very back of the hall, thinking that when no one was looking I�d get out of here, surely he wouldn't miss me in this crowd. Not a minute had passed before a usher came up to me and said: �The Bishop is waiting for you�. I said waiting for me where? Then he pointed up to the platform in front of thousands of people at the big table right beside the Overseer and My New Best Friend, Guest Speaker, Brother So & So. Yeah, Again I said: Help Me God! I just couldn't believe this day was starting out like this.

When I got to the platform I just assumed the speaker hadn't said anything to the overseer yet because he was still smiling at me and I felt his love. Still not feeling one hunger pain we were served dinner,,, arghhh! Afterward this preacher got up to speak. He started off like a ball of fire as many would do in an energetic setting like this. He was preaching with all of his strength but there was nothing, zilch, not a drop of anointing. The people were looking around and getting up and down, sleeping and going to the bathroom. If there is something I've noticed through the years is that when the anointing is in a place or is on someone, people are not stirring. Babies quit crying, no one sleeps, folks are on the edge of their seats and they're all digging and entering in. To my knowledge, that�s the way it's always been in anointed services. But when there is no anointing in a place you can catch people doing everything in the world. We've all seen them swatting flies and making eyes, writing notes and going for smokes, counting sheep and falling asleep, and can hardly wait for the service to end. You and I have been in a few services like that before. I'm starting to feel as if I've been set up, by a set up God.

No one to blame but ourselves

While this man was preaching he would look out at the crowd then make eye contact with everyone on the platform. But when he got to me he would instantly look away, or to the floor, hummm, I thought? He knew there was no anointing! I knew there was no anointing! He knew, I knew, there was no anointing! And I knew, he knew, I knew! And we we're both seasoned enough to know that if the presence of God isn't there, there's no one to blame but ourselves.

I have often said "When a man is walking after the spirit and not after the flesh, he will not have to worry about the anointing showing up. When we are a spirit led vessel who is seeking, knocking and thirsting after God, he will fill us. If God doesn't show up we don't have no one to blame but ourselves. If we seek Him, we will find Him; If we pray, He will hear; If we call upon the name of the Lord, He will answer. Today it�s become very easy for Ministers to get away from having Gods presence in their lives. Just keep the pace of the service fast, distract the people by serving up modern programs and emotional music as a substitute for the time you should be seeking God . Instead of serving fresh manna, ministers have become complacent and are accepting the ways of mediocracy and exchanging the power of God for good messages and political correctness. We must seek the Father in prayer, to be able to minister to those who are bound and needing freedom. It will not come any other way. If I've ever learned anything from God in almost 30 yrs of ministry it is this. If you seek God beforehand you will find yourself right in the middle of His will, even if you think you have embarrassed yourself.

An Appointment Set

God brought me to that anniversary because he cared for that man and the people and was trying to shake him and his calling. God was trying to provoke a cry of hunger in him and let him know that he was not where he was supposed to be. His anointing had been clouded and far removed from personal embodiment. God also brought me there so I could unknowingly preach to my new "BFF".

So the next time you know you've been seeking God and it feels like you've put a foot in your mouth just hang around for awhile and things could get very interesting. That day we both had a God moment. We both were his servants. One vessel was being poured out of and one was being poured into. A divine dinner appointment at the master's Table, being served a plate full of intervention by the Holy Ghost. Some people will understand this next statement and other's might not. "I didn�t get to eat what my belly wanted, but I left full".

Brother So and So's divine appointment had come. God chose to talk to him in the very service he was the speaker at. He was ready to speak, but he hadn't heard. Did he hear God today? Will he do something about it? I don't know, but I believe in appointments and today could be yours. Maybe that's why you're reading this message. I am urged to tell you, that He wants to flow in your life like a mighty river. He wants to bring you hope. He wants to shine his eternal light into darkness. He wants to give you fresh manna from the fathers table, that you might break His Bread and serve His people the multitudes. A Christian has no time to lie fallow in life, even in life's most reduced state, I know that. Many are simply waiting for their change, but we must keep moving till we are face to face encountering the Holy One. We must keep moving if for no other reason than we are the enemies of Satan. He hates us, and he will do everything he can to stop us from getting to our destination. Being that we're born in iniquity, we will sin to mortify this body, or we will walk in grace to edify, living out through others, our hope and calling of eternity. Our lives will soon be past, gone and forgotten, and regrets are but empty words. Living with eternity in view, simply and needfully crucifies the intemperate heat of our carnal affections; busily overcoming all enjoyment of them which is so short lived with no reward. Spiritual dejection follows all who devour, only to be surpassed by the torment that's in waiting.

I'm Sorry for saying that. I wish it wasn't true. But if Gods words are correct, and I'm sure they are, then there is still a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. For when a day is once past, you can never call that day back again. Worldly comforts will not to be with us long, and even though their day brightens yours for the moment, it too is but a moment in our shortened day. Why then, should we be too much taken up with them? Most people�s life at its best, being so transient, is made up of a few flying minutes abated in temporal affections for all things under the sun. But we only have true rest in the hope of knowing that we're only citizens of this world, being pilgrims traveling through. You and I totally belong to God and the City that's awaiting.

Suddenly my hunger pains were alive and well, but food was no where to be found.

God bless,

Woodrow Bruce "Hedgedweller" Pass

hedgedweller

View Profile
Always alone
Posted : 24 Apr, 2011 04:42 AM

Hi Cobbler

Man to Man

Though I've been a minister for 20 plus years, Im gonna speak to you as a man and leave God to His part. No woman will ever be attracted to someone who sounds pitiful. You're definiately needing a boost in confidence and theres no doubt that what you're feeling inside is coming across to the women you meet when you speak. I would spot it in you from a mile away. You need to find a Godly man that you look up to,, and respect,,, and see if he cant help you with how to approach a woman with confidence and Godliness. There are simple little things that can be learned and still be Godly while saying them. Im not saying to be a player, God forbid,, thet world has enough of them, but maybe something as simple as to what to talk about,,, and what not to talk about. I have a feeling its what your saying that is causing you the most problems if its as bad as you say it is. Reading your post depressed me too.

Man to Man

Bruce

Im sure this wont settle well with some people,,, :rolleyes:

hedgedweller

View Profile
Speaking in Tongues
Posted : 29 Dec, 2008 04:56 AM

:yay::yay:Clap, Clap, Clap.:yay::yay:

:applause:,, :applause:,, :applause:,, :applause:,, :applause:,, :applause:,, :applause:,, :applause:,, :applause:,,

WOw, civil discussions on what can be a very sensitive subject. Congrats to all who were involved.

God bless my friends,:peace:out!

hedgedweller

View Profile
RED SOX!!!!
Posted : 9 Oct, 2008 03:51 AM

Ok, then,, I'll shout out to ya.

Go Tampa Bay Ray's,,,, oops, was that the wrong team.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The some of the greatest hall of fame baseball players in the world has come from Tampa Fl.

Humm, lets see, can you name your very own past boston player from Tampa?. Of course he was elected to the Red Sox Hall of Fame in 2004 and the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2005. huimmm, got any ideas. With 12 straight All-Star appearances, third in history only to Brooks Robinson and George Brett in number of consecutive appearances as a third baseman. His finest season was 1987 when he set career highs in HR(24), RBI(89), and slugging percentage(.588). Also in that season he batted .363 and held a .461 OBP, both stats leading the league. In 1999, he ranked number 95 on The Sporting News list of the 100 Greatest Baseball Players, and was a nominee for the Major League Baseball All-Century Team.

lol.:ROFL:he was very superstitious,,, he always ate chicken before every game. Hits 3,010,,, totally wow. He also batted .349 in his rookie year which would have won the batting title, but was 121 plate appearances short of the required minimum of 502. From 1982 to 1988, hit below .349 only once, From 1983 to 1989, rattled off seven consecutive seasons in which he collected 200 or more hits, an American League record for consecutive 200-hit seasons

ok,,, I know you have by now,,,,smile,,,:rocknroll::rocknroll:

Tampa is rich and deep in baseball players. While your thinking about it here is Just a couple more to let you know,,,, but surely I won't meantion them all. I will leave out more than I will say to you.

Go Tampa,,,,,

TONY LARUSSA,,,,,

AL LOPEZ,,,,,,

TINO MARTINEZ,,,,,

BOOOG POWEL,,,,,

FRED McGRIFF,,,,,

STEVE GARVEY,,,,,

LOU PINELLA,,,,,

ROY CAMPANELLA ,,,,,

DEREK BELL,,,,,

JASON VARITEK,,,,,,

DWIGHT GOODEN,,,,,

GARY SHEFFIELD,,,,, who both were on the same little league team who won the little league world series championship against Japan. hummm, way to go fellas.

OZZIE TIMMONS,,,,,

JEFF CARTER,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,, lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WOW,,,,,,,,, I'm getting old.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON,,,, right about now your shaking your head in disgust, I KNOW,,, ITS HARD TO BELEIVE

AND A TAMPA TEAM AGAIN GOT TO THE WORLD SERIES LITTLE SEMIS FINALS THIS YEAR,,, lol.

Answer to the above,,, WADE BOGGS. NOW HE WAS A GREAT PLAYER... TRUELY GREAT,,, AND ENDED HIS CARRER IN THE RAYS UNIFORM ,,,,FITNGLY WERE HIS CAREER STARTED AS A BOY,,, THATS THE WAY HE WANTED IT.

bye bye for now,,, Bruce,,,,,, :peace: o u t !!

hedgedweller

View Profile
CONTROL and MANIPULATION!
Posted : 9 Oct, 2008 03:10 AM

thank you girls,,,,

I get emails like this all the time from friends,,,

Of course since I have been out spoken against such they have stop sending them to me,,, Lol. :ROFL:

I guess they dont want me to think there into witchcraft..

Bye bye for now Bruce,

hedgedweller

View Profile
Am I Doing Something Wrong?
Posted : 13 Sep, 2008 02:14 AM

Theres nothing wrong with your profile but there are some things you can do to make it more right.

1. more pictures increases your activity by 300%.

2. write a little more in detail about yourself and what you are wanting in a man.,,,a non judgmental woman is very attractive to a younger man because it gives him a place of safety and security.

a. Tell him what you're looking for without lofty expectations.

b. In your profile Tell him you will except him the way he is.

c. Ask him does he want a woman to stand by him no matter what happens in life?

d. Be confident about yourself and tell him you will make him proud he found you.

e. Last, tell him your are looking for a man not only to start your life with but also finish it with. And that you will be a faithful woman, who knows how to call on God for her family.

That will move any young mans blood if he is looking for the right things. God bless you.

Alot of guys your age are a little bashful. Dont be afraid to keep pursuing what you want.

bye bye for now,,,, Bruce,,,( hedgedweller):peace:out !!

hedgedweller

View Profile
Verichip and the the mark of the beast,(666)
Posted : 9 Sep, 2008 12:30 AM

Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.

RUN FOR GOD AND DO NOT LOOK BACK,,,,,,

T_I_M_E,,, IS ,,,, MUCH ,,, SHORTER,,,THAN ,,, WHAT,,,

WE,,,THINK,,,OR,,,I_M_A_G_I_N_E!!!

Whosoever will let him come and drink of the water of life freely.

For the Spirit and Bride say come Lord Jesus.

hedgedweller

View Profile
Posted : 7 Sep, 2008 03:26 PM

Revelation 14:

9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

13And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

14And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

hedgedweller

View Profile
Posted : 7 Sep, 2008 03:21 PM

Revelation 15

1And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

2And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revelation 20:

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled:

4 And I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads,

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10