Author Thread
Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
FEAR:
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 05:03 PM

(in regards to some of the scriptures relating to fear that I posted earlier)

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Persecution has benefits!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 05:01 PM

Persecution, like most things is how we respond to it. For instance if fasting food is a diet plan rather than using it as an opportunity to draw on God...

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Would You?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 04:56 PM

Depends on her and the famaly. Prefer homemaker myself.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Have you ever been so ashamed...
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 04:54 PM

lol, nice :rocknroll::applause:

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
If you Could:
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 04:51 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome :yay::applause::glow:

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
FEAR:
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 03:49 PM

Phillip, I cannot speak of the reveltations that you have received, but I can speak for my own and have shared some of those. I believe I remember posts from you that had a premium on the word (forgive me if am wrong), and it is one of th central routes to gaining intimacy with our Creator. Just wanting to know the revelation that you have received in regards to those scriptures?

Myself I do know if I am missing spiritual truths, I do not believe that I am. Nor am I attempting to demean the aspect of which you hold, certainly I believe that there is much truth to and wisdom to what you say. But my feeling is this based off part of The Word or the whole of it, and/or experiences and revelation that you have received?

If you decide that you simle believe this to be the truth and that I am deceived, I myself will not challenge you further on it however how if you ould be a blessing unto me and share your insights into this then that would be appreciated.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
FEAR:
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 09:23 PM

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. NASB

Your understanding of fear does not seem to be compatible with this verse. Also your description of fear seems to be highly dependant on present cultural values ... why isn't reverance a valid aspect of fear Biblically?

Acts 5 Ananias lied about the amount that they had given from the property they had sold ...

Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

This also seems to show an example of fear that doesn't really fit with account you have provided.

Also what about the disciples that went out and served the Lord until they ran into a powerful demon that gave them the bash. When the Church heard about this, it lead to a refining of it, leading to repentance, confessions of sins and some even gave their witchcraft books to be burned. Again this seems to be incompatible with the account you have given.

Your thoughts on these Phillip?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
FEAR:
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 09:18 AM

To Phillip:

How so? Clear distinctions would help to provide clarity so we are talking about the same thing.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
jumped too fast
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 09:05 AM

Just a thought, have you prayed about it, have you felt a revelation ot go to another congregation.

Myself i was in a congregation that I came ot have a hard heart towards when I was new Christian. I really wanted to leave but God did not want me to; and it haced me off. I am thankful that I was obedient in this case I he refined me majorly in this season.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
why comes
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 08:53 AM

Since I became a Christian and as I become more Christ-like my vision of how I think the world could and should be changes accordingly.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12