Author Thread
Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
My type, your type, WHAT?
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 12:07 AM

I do have a type that I am initially attracted to, but I find as I get know someone they that's when they become beautiful. Some of the most beautiful ladies I have meet haven't been my type.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Respect.
Posted : 7 Jun, 2011 11:35 PM

I think that respect is an expression of treating others as you would like to be treated.

I also feel there is an element that it is an expression of who we are. People expect to be treated according to what they deem they deserve. This is a reason people need to learn to respect and love themselves as God does. Fundamentally I think humans are the same, whether Christian or non, and we expect people to treat according to how we think that we ought to be. For myself as I have come to know Christ more, the vision of what this should be has changed dramatically.

So there is an aspect where respecting someone is that value and honour them for who they are; you accept who they are. This is why seeing them though God's eyes empowers us to love them, and also to in a relationship based in Christ, we are able to get to know them in a much deeper personal level. Allowing for a much deeper respect for one another.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
When in Rome...
Posted : 7 Jun, 2011 10:56 PM

If a guy asks you out then he should be prepared to pick up the ticket plain and simple.

If he doesn't it might be an interesting topic to discuss because it may reflect his attitudes to ladies.

Hey but if you wanna pick up the ticket and thats your buzz, then sweet as. But if he isn't prepared to honour in this, how is going to honour you other things?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED...????...heaven to hell and back again...
Posted : 7 Jun, 2011 08:57 PM

Don't really know myself. I also don't know how to answer the question.

Both once saved always saved, and the ability lose your salvation, both have scriptures to back it up. Myself I tend to lean towards losing salvation.

Is this a fruitful conversation? If god has put it on your heart then I guess it is.

But am thankful that personaly I do not need to fear that I will lose my salvation.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
The "truth" of scripture
Posted : 7 Jun, 2011 08:43 PM

Hey thanks for replying :)

It was some time ago that I postd that comment, I remember at the time it felt important to show that literal interpretation of the Bible with a narrow view, isn't very helpful. The verses that I choose were proverbs, and I don't believe that we have much specific cultural context to help give light to their meaning.

If taken literally either one or the other is true if on this approach - the reason I choose those two verses was because they followed each other and it clear that there is no contradiction, and that when the rubber hits the road the Spirit will guide us with His light. I guess this is just one of the many benefits of intimacy with God.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
The "truth" of scripture
Posted : 3 Feb, 2011 07:41 PM

Simon doesn't the Bible teach us to,

Correct the fool in his follishness lest you be drawn down in his foolish ways.?

But doesn't it also teach us,

Do not correct the fool in his foolishness lest you be drawn down in his foolish ways.?

Am I right?

The reason that I used those two verse is because they clearly contradict each other, and they also follow each other in Proverbs. Thus it shows a clear example that scripture is to be interpreted not only literally, but also symbolically. The balance between the two... Well. Myself I tend to rely on revelation from God, my intimacy with Him,scripture, and the wisdom from those around me of greater maturity in the faith.

However if I have a revelation about the truth of something, yet you have not and then I try to force that on you, this seems to me to be rather "religious", to use the meaning laden term.

Back to the topic of this thread.

By trying to prove God's existance via the Bible provides a limiting scope of the Truth.

Yeah sure it can, myself I am amazed at the God and his magnificent nature, the more I come to know Him the more he amazes me. If people have had it put on their heart to prove God's existance via the Bible, then may they be blessed in the endeavour. This of course does not provide a limitation for their relationship with God.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12