Author Thread
Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Is the Bible a collection of cultural writings?
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 03:11 AM

Holy Spirit inspired, but cultural all the same?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
SOULMATES: The satanic doctrine.
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 03:09 AM

Yes I agree that the soulmates are more about fairytale endings. Hey and its nice to think that God created a person that is right for us. But people believe many things that seem to be more cultural than anything else.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
SOULMATES: The satanic doctrine.
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 03:07 AM

Don't mean to be mean, but from how I read the thread post, she didn't get confirmation herself from God, but you got confirmation from God. Perhaps she didn't get confirmation herself.

Also I know encouraging believes who have been certain about confirmation themselves - yet it didn't workout, they themselves ending it. So how do you get confirmation?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Marriage Problems: Reasons Why Marriages Fail
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 02:56 AM

The stats about Christian marriage I remember a Bible Teacher saying that Christian rates about 1% lower. So no real difference.

However a married couple that were Christian and weekly attended a pentecostal congregation, these dropped to 10%.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Men are simply complicated!
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 02:36 AM

This is awesome!

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Christian dating
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 02:30 AM

I think the difference is cultural.

Make sure you maintain you integrity,

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
What is Love?
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 06:25 PM

What is love? Can it be defined?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Moving too quick?
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 06:24 PM

I know two people, both believers now but one wasn't when he met his wife.

Both guys proposed to the lady that was to become their wives after approximately 7 days of knowing them. The approach was of the two was much different.

One literally blurted out without thinking "you know what, we should get married" she responded "did you just say what I think you did?" "I think I did," this man was a believer at the time and they were married 7 months later. Sadly they were divorced within 2 years.

The other wasn't a believer at the time, and after knowing the lady very breifly thought this lady would be a good mother for my children. Then on the 7th day asked her to marry him and they were married 1 month later. He is now a believer and been married for over 30 years and an encouraging one who has great fruit. Glory to God.

To say that either loved the lady I will not comment because I am not sure, it just seems that love is 'sexy' or culturally hyped, whereas other aspects such as commitment are not.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
You know, deep down we are all good people......?
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 06:05 PM

SirJames that is an interesting definition of freedom ... where'd ya get it from and what are the alternatives?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Wisdom, the world and integrity.
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 05:55 PM

Asher,

God has placed everything we as human beings who confess and profes Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior as Christians need to know in order to live a succesful life and lifestyle here on this earth in HIs word, and this includes everything we need to know about relationships and love as in man and woman...

But man has chosen to follow after his own hearts desire and do his own thing outside of what God has to say. Man would rather believe what other men have to say about relationships and love, than what God has to say.

This has nothing to do with integrity, this has to do with spiritual ignorance in godly matters, when seeking God's wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

The basic factor and operative word here of DISOBEDIENCE is called SIN!

When it comes to following God's word, man would rather be like Big-Mack, have it their own way, and then expect God to rescue them when they get heartburn (get in troubles) arise.

The Bible without the Holy Spirit can be destructive - as demonstrated by Satan in his attempts to use scripture to tempt Jesus. I disagree that the Bible is an instruction guide on how to live by itself; if you are saying that it is this with the guidance of Holy Spirit then certainly we agree.

It is an issue of integrity as all things are Godly matters. If we are prepared to accept knowledge from a scientific (trail and error) approach in one realm then not another arbitrarily seems to necessarily lack integrity. If the situations are different and deserve to be treated differently then this does not necessarily break integrity.

I have no doubts that information gain in regards to relationship may be applied evil intentions - this is like most if not all things. If this is what you are saying then clearly we agree.

What it means to live a successful life is a very interesting phrase. For instance are there principles that do not change however their application of these does according to the situation. Is medication a perversion of God's will or a blessing. I am sure that there are grounds for both cases. What about condoms? They would have no purpose outside of marriage if people were perfect. But we are not. What about condoms inside of marriage, is this a perversion of God's will? What about information about cycles of abusive, or knowledge about addictions? My understanding is at the very least that their formulative expression did not exist until recently (last century). Is is sinful to use this information? A person can write an entire book based on two verses such as the prayer of Jabez in 1 Chronicles 4:9-10. Heck verses didn't even exist for a huge chunk of time. Paul after all became all things to all men. If the information about how the the dance of intimacy functions was to improve the marriages of our Brothers and Sisters, which it seems face value can only glorify God; why wouldn't we use it?

I appreciate that the question is not going to be appreciated because it trends through tender terroritory - but these are things that God has put on my heart to ask. And i am attempting to be as delicate as I can and the consequences of these are massive.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10