Author Thread
Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
This topic is a no-brainer
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 08:46 AM

Are we not to be in the world but not of the world?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Lust-Atraction=
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 08:39 AM

Theres the obvious sense that men lust after woman sexually - in that sense, I would so no they cannot because it is part of the definition. But if a broader view of lust, such as a lust for power then probably yes, for instance the lady could be an object of a lust for control.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Romans 13 and Obedience To Possible Government Control of Alternative Media
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 08:22 AM

Interesting post halfback. Sadly i am ignorant on the issue. However I will keep my eyes and ears open for this issue.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Satan loves Strife:
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 08:17 AM

Yup Satan would stomp us ifhe could.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Being your own Pope, OR... the Consensus of the Church
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 08:15 AM

Phillip it seems that agree with you.

However I am curious who you would see the following and how you appreciate it? What do you think about this, I remember a story about a pentecostal preacher at a Baptist convention of pastors, where he opens up to 500 of them and says "who knows the Bibles not always righ?" You would think if he wanted the session to be finished early or had some where else to be he should have just said so. Then after allowing them a moment to hear what he had said, he shared that without the Holy Spirit guiding the heart then it is just another book. Just another book well I am not going to go there. But what was it that the Bible used to tempt the Lord? It was scripture.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Being your own Pope, OR... the Consensus of the Church
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 08:05 AM

Yes I agree that the Bible is interpreted through cultural lenses and similarly it was written in cultural contexts.

Why can't I be a Pope? I have a direct relationsihp with God, I am also a Catholic - not a Roman Catholic (Catholic being universal Church).

I agree also that we must seek wisdom fellowship with fellow believers, myself I cherish these times.

Also however I have wondered about what it is to be religious, and have come to the conclusion that it is doing somthing for the sake of doing or understanding why you're doing (a variation of ther former). Because I have found that revelations that I have had, often have been a blessing for thoses around me but also just for me; but forcing my revelation on them with them receiving it for themselves am I being religious also. Not to mention that God has made us uniquely.

I don't know where the line, myself I think intimacy with God is the primary guiding factor.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
If you Could:
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 07:51 AM

Grace = incredible

some others would be humbling/ loving/strength/power/penetrating/love

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
FEAR:
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 07:46 AM

I must say Phillip, either I seem to disagree with you about what you mean by fear or do not understand you. Please help me to to understand what you are meaning by fear.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
FEAR:
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 07:43 AM

Thank you George for sharing your heart with us.

Fear was somthing that was discussed breifly and in context of encouraging the congregation to go through and see where it appears.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. A few thoughts that I have come to are these.

Imagine a child with a wonderful relationship with their father and look forward to running into his arms when he gets home, but has done something wrong there he likely to be hesitent, whether because of the fear of the consequences or the conviction of what he has done. So in short a Godly fear is something shows the value of a relationsihp. It seems that when Jesus was in Gethsemane that he experienced fear (certainly anguish ) over the prospect of being separated from perfec relationship but His love for made His decision.

Another is that fear can reflect what you love.

Does this reflect the sense of which you were using fear or does it help?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Girls getting over ex boyfriends...
Posted : 18 Jun, 2011 07:26 AM

Absolutely! Fight!! Charge!! Rawr is a great battle cry.

But it seems to depend a lot on the individual lady and the issues that she has dealt with. Perhaps the hurt the and possible disillusionment are from that experience. Perhaps she was to be chased or doesn't know what she wants.

Have you discussed the issue indepth with her, do you have friends who know you in person that may beable to offer wisdom and insight into the issue?

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12