Author Thread
Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Men to the chase or ladies?
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 03:03 PM

To Bible Piano Gal, when it comes to online people can see when you check your profile, you can message them, even instant message. Why not?

Beyond this in the realm of personal interaction there is the dance of intimacy.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 02:57 PM

Cobbler, I have not done a personal study on the issue, but what I do have is my experience and sense that it is the right thing to do. What exactly is the right thing to do? To be active about it. Biblically there was Ruth (forgive me if that is the wrong reference) who actively pursued her hubby and of course there was Israel - Jacob at time who was told to go to their homeland and find a wife ... not let a wife come to you. So I guess I am agreeing that men do not necessarily need to be the active pursuer.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
strugling to keep my focus on jesus not guys
Posted : 2 Jul, 2011 02:41 PM

Why can't you do both? I would have thought that seeking a man would be part of seeking God if your heart so desired.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Posted : 2 Jul, 2011 02:39 PM

Yes I agree Cobbler, traditionally the parents would typically find a wife, in the 19th century this changed and and the children started seeking their match. Supposedly (have not looked into this aspect to much) when the parents looked for a spouse for their children they had to clear their choice with them (the children had veto powers). When the kids started choosing their own the veto moved to their parents - this is where the tradition of asking the parents for permission.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Posted : 2 Jul, 2011 02:34 PM

I agree with you Canada, but does pursuing mean beating them over the head with a club? Why shouldn't ladies attempt to keep the interest of their pursuer?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Posted : 1 Jul, 2011 11:39 PM

It may be that men are suppose to pursue ladies, but studies have shown that the majority of initiations are made women not men; as many as 2 out of 3. If by initiating you mean introducing yourself and saying hello, this is not what is meant by initiating. However if initiation is a smile, glance, fluttering of the eyes - whether intentional or not, men react to these cues. And it seems that woman are the primary initiators.

My point isn't that either should change their patterns, but the dance of love has many subtleties, I am beginning to wonder if in Christian circles there is a naivety in the courting dance. There seems to be an attitude that there is a soul-mate for me out there and that God will make it happen (love) and I need to be passive and focus on God not on finding a mate.

I do not understand why we are suppose to be passive, and how being passive honours God. And that there is an aspect where essentially Christians need to learn lure prey. Would appreciate other peoples thoughts.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Th historical Jesus?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2011 11:22 PM

Thanks for the thoughts all, I was hinting that if didn't have the Holy Spirit we wouldn't.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Do you have a nickname and why?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2011 07:45 PM

Hi Sunshine :) :waving:

Another nickname is The Raptor or Philosal-Raptor, which originated from when I first started philosophy where if I lost my temper I would rip people to shreds. :stop: Thankfully people don't have reason to use it nowadays.:yay:

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Is it a sin?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2011 05:47 PM

I think the heart is important. Insulting each other obviously does glorify God. Sarcasm, not sure, my sentiments towards it that it can be ok; some forms tend to cut peoples spirits where others can be humouriuos. Not sure about sarcasm and foolish jesting.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Girls your pick
Posted : 20 Jun, 2011 05:42 PM

Be herself. Love the Lord. Spend time them to get to know them, and how to appreciate them.

OHHHHHH..... and wait; shave ;)

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::nahnah::nahnah::nahnah::goofball::goofball::goofball:

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11