Author Thread
Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Physical attraction (the most important thing).
Posted : 6 Jul, 2011 05:58 PM

Also of the categories above if you do nto pass the first test then it can be difficult for the the next two to be given breath, and then finally the last two. So in a very real sense a persons physical appearance is the most important thing for the relationship to ever get off the ground ... (of course much of physical attraction is cultural).

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Posted : 6 Jul, 2011 05:53 PM

MsMarvel, you seem to seek a wisdom beyond your years.

This topic is very close to something that has been on my heart very closely for the last 2 weeks, and a move in future direction for me.

In short have you ever heard of the principle of wiifm (Whats In It For Me)? Or basically equity. I was reading something that used a number of categories for measuring somebodies relational worth on a scale of 1 - 10. The categories in this study were:

1 - Physical Attraction, 2 Money, 3 Status and Prestige, 4 Social Graces or Attitude, 5 Inner-Self

What the research showed was that the relationships that were teh happiest, and the highest chance of longivity were the ones where people were similar in physical appearance. However if there were differences in these then they were overwhelming made up for in the other categories.

Yes I appreciate that some may consider this to be worldy, but I am having difficulties, considering why this shouldn't be different in the Body of Christ. From all that I have experienced and witnessed in my Christian walk have shown that the same principles of titfortat apply. You may say the Golden Rule - and rightly so, but this question like most revolves around the question of what it means to be human. For Christians what it means to be Human with Christ in Us.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Wisdom of Pursuit
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 09:26 PM

There is much research that has been done and is being done into the dance of love. Should Christians use it?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Separated men
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 09:15 PM

I agree. If you are not separated, not divorced you should not be here.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Are we doing the right thing?
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 09:10 PM

If God has a problem with the path your on let set you straight ... it is much easier to steer a ship that is moving as opposed to one that is standing still.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
distance
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 09:08 PM

Distance isn't issue, we are coming to liv in a smaller world everyday. For me the difficulty is the time difference which makes it harder to spend time with someone in an effort to get to know them.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
What does the Bible mean we are not to judge others?
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 07:25 PM

My understanding of this is that we are not to judge the heart but the action, also there is a difference between judging and condemning.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Men to the chase or ladies?
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 04:01 PM

So you think that God has a soulmate for us Cobbler?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 03:49 PM

Myself I think that there is a difference between beauty attraction. Attraction is a physical element, whereas beauty is heart of the person. I am not sure if this is true in itself or merely helpful as a tool for giving wisdom on the subject.

There is much that one can do to care for their appearances, and there is much that it says about oneself, reflecting both something about their heart towards God, others and themselves. I use to think that we should not be attracted to a persons outward appearance, this has changed simply because I think it is not Biblical. Simply man is attracted to woman, and vice-versa. If someone ignores this and neglects their appearance on the principle they should like me for me, then that in my view is selfish.

However of the few ladies that I have liked, most were not my type but when I got to know them they became ever-so-attractive, crowned in His Glory.

So is physical attraction important; yes ... and what else.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Photo requirement
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 03:20 PM

I think that have a photo is wise and also demonstrates something about the person - for instance that they have taken action to do so and are prepared to do so. It's not the hardest thing in the world to do. I might check out a profile without a photo, but there would have to be something that caught my attention about; and if I can check out one with a photo it isn't likely. But if people don't want to put a photo up that's fine by me.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10