Author Thread
skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
I really like it when.........
Posted : 1 Feb, 2010 01:45 PM

Y'all know this game, but if not, I'll start. I really like it when........I'm allowed to finish my own sentence! your turn

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
pet peeves!!!
Posted : 1 Feb, 2010 10:02 AM

Mothering/smothering. I'm a big boy. I do my own wash, buy my own groceries, write have my own budget, etc. Sure, a little help around the house is always appreciated, but constantly questioning why/how we do the things we do drives us nuts. Thanks lids:glow:

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
STD
Posted : 1 Feb, 2010 09:37 AM

Hey nobody's perfect. If someone has something, it certainly will limit their chances of finding people. I'd be happier knowing about it, as her telling me that shows a level of honesty and bravery. In my county it's law to get a blood test before a marriage license is given. There have been many medical advances through the years as well. I laugh whenever I see one of those valtrex commercials. (One partner still has herpes, and the other partner still does not) I wouldn't discriminate against dating a woman with a child, as long as she'd turned her life around. So why would I discriminate against someone for an std? (And NO I did not just compare a child to an std.)

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
I want to be Beautiful
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 03:14 PM

Girl, you want to be beautiful right? What's stoppin ya?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
lost weight
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 03:07 PM

vkjewel? live anywhere near Philly? Lol, I'll buy you dinner if you sit near us and make sure my friend "overhears" you saying something nice about her!!!!!:glow: And Archi-I agree completely with you- opening doors, pulling out chairs, etc, problem is, I already do that, even for guys. And I can guarantee you that when I open a door for a man, I have no ulterior motives, Truly you do have a sense of romance though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
A Huge Misunderstanding
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 12:14 PM

I feel God gave us free choice. The more "rules" you have to follow, the more your free choice comes into question. There are a lot of things we have to draw our own conclusions on as Christians, and I feel too many of us get drawn into huge discussions regarding the minutia and smallest technicalities of His Word. Rules are good, don't get me wrong, but I feel God wants us to come to Him because WE want to. The more rules you have, the more "programmed" you are. The more intensive your "programming" the less free choice you display. Your computer is programmed. It doesn't make the choice to turn itself on and reply here. I chose to use my computer to respond. I feel God is the same way. He's up in Heaven being constantly adored and glorified by the angels. But WE here on earth are the ones he cares about. If God just wanted to lay down a set of rules for us to follow, I feel it would still be around today, somewhere in the Bible. (Yes, I know about the commandments, the greatest is love because it's all-encompassing) ;) God wants us to choose Him, not simply adore him. If he simply wanted adoration and worship, well, wouldn't He just make more angels?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Is everything we do physically a Work of the Flesh?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 12:02 PM

Well, Walter, we're made of flesh right? And born into sin, and the wages of sin is death. The act of accepting God is made by the flesh, is it not? Because as far as I know, no-one is born saved, they have to make that choice. And if they're not saved, then they don't have the Holy Spirit in them (in any way that they're aware of.) Your actions of the flesh have led you to seek salvation, or come across the path of someone who witnessed to you, and this person was also once unsaved. Also there are people out there who do good things either without the Holy Spirit, or without being aware of its promptings. Case in point-many of the pagans I've come across have openly attacked my faith. As a result, my faith has become stronger!!!! I pray for these people to become saved, but I can attribute a great deal of my own spiritual strength to the attacks of these pagans. Iron sharpens Iron. So I'll bounce a question to you now-the aforementioned pagans. What spirit was inside them that led ME to become stronger. It could go both ways........ Andy

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Are the roles reversing?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 11:51 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman pursuing a man. For me personally, I don't want someone who is so timid that they can't even work up the courage to say "hi" to a stranger. I also love it when a woman has her life in order, whether it be degrees in school, or having a job that lets them do the things they want. I for one think too many people are here looking for someone to make them feel "complete." I'd rather marry a woman that doesn't need me in her life at all, because I'll know she WANTS me there, and I'm the same way. I'm very happy with my life. I do think a girlfriend or wife would be nice, but if not, oh well. Women are to be respected and valued. On my parent's wedding day, my mother did NOT promise to obey my father, because she didn't want her actions to be pre-determined by a vow she took. They are still happily married, and will soon celebrate the 40th wedding anniversary. They also have an incredible relationship, and to this day, my mother does not feel she has ever "disobeyed" my father. I for one need a strong woman because, well, I'm not perfect, and I'm not always doing things God's way, and if my partner can "check" me on that, then I'm happy, because it's her way of keeping me in line with God's plan.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Just wanted to say hi
Posted : 29 Jan, 2010 12:53 PM

Hi there butterfly, welcome aboard

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
lost weight
Posted : 29 Jan, 2010 10:18 AM

Thank you all, especially prov 31, Godslamb, Archi, and bcp. How y'all like this idea. Yes, I will be renting a car lol. This girl's catholic, and I'm friends with the whole family as well. Get the family to force her to a mass, all dressed up. She'll "drag" me along just the same as many times before, so she'll have no idea what's coming. After mass, a family dinner at something like an olive garden, (for those who don't have them in their area, nice Italian fare with a family "motif") After, split company, family goes home and my friend and I end up at a nice cafe. I want to keep it in public, as much of the advice has been to "show her off." At the cafe, a couple rounds of dessert, followed by a trip to a soccer bar to see an Irish band? She's Irish and proud of it lol! Please be critical, I'm quite open to suggestions, and thank you all so much!!!

Page : 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21