Author Thread
skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
STD
Posted : 3 Feb, 2010 06:06 PM

Dear cattle, and randy- Cattle, thanks for understanding my apologies, but I'm still confused about this whole thing: say one member of a proposed marriage did have something, don't they owe it to the other to at least give them a heads up? I for one am clean and would be happy to furnish test results to a fiance. But where do you draw the line between being polite, and being honest? I mean I'd hate to see a post somewhere in this forum that says "I married him, now I caught something." What kind of man would knowingly hide that kind of thing from their bride to be until after they got married? It seems wrong and deceitful to me to knowingly keep that kind of info from a spouse. Maybe we're coming from two different schools of thought here? Or am I reading it wrong? Please understand, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but...

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
pet peeves!!!
Posted : 3 Feb, 2010 02:44 PM

Godsjude, lol, that was great!!! I'm going to add another one!!! Thinking guys don't care because we don't understand. Case in point-shoes/dress combo. Women will obsess over this one!! And that's not meant to be hateful, :glow: Guys on the other hand-we're much simpler with matching clothes/shoes. It goes like this. If my clothes are clean, I'm wearing the clean shoes.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Eye has not seen!
Posted : 3 Feb, 2010 01:42 PM

I feel it means that things are just going to get better. Just as becoming a Christian took me to a "level" I'd never imagined possible, It goes to show just how much more He has to offer

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
pet peeves!!!
Posted : 3 Feb, 2010 12:51 PM

Godsjude, loved the responses!! Thank you!!!! I'm gonna second your cigar thing! It ain't good for us, but as a person trying to quit smoking cigarettes, They sure come in handy. I'll be honest, I double my pleasure. Once a week I have a date-with Mr. Tom Petty. I pop on a cd, sit down on my porch in the sun, and have a nice scotch to go with my cigar ;). I'm not as high class as you, with you smoking those cubans, but they do help to keep me sane

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
STD
Posted : 3 Feb, 2010 12:27 PM

Hey cattle, and Randy, I think you've both got a point here. I really do. I'm not trying to "pass blame" or anything of the sort, but I'm only responding to a thread. I know y'all read the threads, and I like that about you. As you know, I've never started a thread that was anywhere near this subject. I'm sorry if I offended, didn't mean to -skinny

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
A Huge Misunderstanding
Posted : 2 Feb, 2010 12:50 PM

Dear Jesusfreak, thanks for what you said. I've often felt "constricted" by the Christian church myself, and what you said about rules not forcing your actions, I absolutely agree! I've also found that the deeper my relationship gets, the more "in line" with the rules my heart becomes. Funny how that works....I wish you best of luck, and hope you find some peace here!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
STD
Posted : 2 Feb, 2010 11:43 AM

Hey randy, dgr, and cattle!!!! You guys all three make great points!!!!!! Randy, even if you feel you could've worded your question differently, you named the post STD. No one who replied or looked can say they didn't know what they were getting themselves into!!! So thanks for the warning, it was crystal clear! Cattle-Way to look out for the community!!!!! I know you care about all of us, and the same feeling goes right back at you!!! And dgr-Excellent point about STDs not only being sexually transmitted!! There ARE other ways to catch these things other than sex! I mean we've got babies being born addicted to crack, or H.I.V. positive right? I think we're all adults here, (or if we aren't then we lied when we signed up, cause you gotta be 18 to join this site.) I don't hear anyone snickering at all, and yes, this is a delicate subject, absolutely. I like the way it's been handled before, and yes- there have been a few cases where things got out of hand, but everyone jumped in and tried to fix it. (Thanks archi with the '67 STD that sat eight, and ran great) Y'all think we need a sex-related forum? In my opinion that might send the wrong message, but I'd love to hear about ideas for a better way to handle these questions!?!?!? And I think that these things absolutely do need to be talked about. I for one won't even think about marrying someone that I'm not comfortable bringing up these kinds of issues to! I mean if we can't communicate at that level, then I don't want to marry her, cause we're not open and honest enough with each other.

That being said, everyone has their own level of offense and comfort. I agree it's good to keep ourselves pure, but come on! Nobody's perfect! (And I don't just mean sex related stuff either.) If you don't want to read a post that's clearly about an STD, then don't open it. The same goes for suspicious emails you get, right? All in all, I'm glad this has sparked some discussion, on both forums, but can understand how some people get upset. Maybe after we're done talking about the STDs, could we all put our heads together and figure out the "best way" to go about talking about sex? love to all-skinny

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Whats wrong?
Posted : 1 Feb, 2010 06:21 PM

I'm with cattle, I don't see anything wrong

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
STD
Posted : 1 Feb, 2010 04:37 PM

Nyanda- Thank you sooooo much for that!!! I was afraid of how people might react to that :glow: Whew! I feel much better now!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Cooking! :)
Posted : 1 Feb, 2010 03:21 PM

Good call!!! I second this motion!!!!

Page : 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20