Author Thread
skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Reality
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 12:42 PM

I've always liked your posts. This one especially. Just remember, the heart is a muscle. It gets bigger and stronger and better the more you use it!!!! I'm sorry you're feeling bad though. Guys are stupid

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Making the first move!!!!
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 12:17 PM

Yo randy-really? Cattle, thanks for repeating what the young girl said. And Isn't this the age of Women's empowerment? Lids-If you like him, let him know. Cause guys wonder the very same thing. Just pursue him like you'd want to be pursued. Be genuine, and do it in a Christian manner.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
how long do you wait?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2010 12:28 PM

edw: We're all God's creation. In the case of abuse-think of the kids, if there are any. And look up your state's P.F.A. (protection from abuse/restraining order.) I'm pretty sure we'd all "chime in if the situation were a woman wondering what she'd do in the same situation. I've dealt with crazy, and this will probably make a lot of people angry-but if a woman returns to an abusive home, it usually gets worse before it's better, if it does get better at all. Do you mind if I ask why she's waiting to finalize the papers? If she was abusive, then "head games" come with that territory. That stinks man, it really does.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
ONLINE vs.LIVE CONTACT
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 10:55 AM

real life wins out by all means!!! In my own experience, this is my first online dating thing, and I've made some really cool friends with people I'd not have met otherwise, but there's nothing like that spark when two people click

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
What makes you feel unappreciated?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2010 03:01 PM

I was surprised by how many responses I got to my question re: education, thank you all, so much!!!!! What do guys do or not do that makes you feel, well, unappreciated? Feel free to be blunt and honest, as you all know by now men need things spelled out for them...

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
What Women Need to Know about Men
Posted : 22 Jan, 2010 10:56 AM

Personally, I want an equal. Someone who is sure of themselves, and strong in their beliefs and values. The type of woman that will actually stand up for and take care of themselves. There is something to be said for the "beauty of a delicate flower" But I'd rather have someone that can laugh it off when someone says something bad to her, or change her own tire when she gets a flat. I don't think I speak for most guys though.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Body Language....that give off Signals
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 07:19 AM

I believe body language speaks volumes!!!! Sit and people watch at a place that has both tables and a "bar" area. I love to watch couples out on dates, especially the girl, being that I'm a guy. I watch for "slouch" on her part, I think it's a sign of acceptance. You can also look at a bar, and imagine how each person is feeling by how they sit. The women, if they're not being paid any attention, will often disappear into a cell phone. Men will rest their head on their hands if it's been a long day. Whereas some will put a knee up on the bar, and just watch tv all day.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
hi
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 07:12 AM

hello, and top of the morning to you!!!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Education.
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 07:11 AM

I've noticed that many of the responses to this are that education goes hand-in-hand with perseverance, is that how I should be reading this? Do you have other "ways" to tell how driven a man is? I understand this is a dating website, and we all try and "sell" ourselves a bit, so hey education is one of the things they ask about and consequently gets looked at. So could y'all define perseverance a little more? For example-and this is true, I've worked 60-80 hour work weeks most of my life. My primary job is a grocery store, that gives me benefits, and lets me pursue my passion-cooking. For me it's worth it. However, in my field, I've had to fire people with degrees and training that far exceed my own. Anyone who's read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain, or worked in one knows what I mean. Warning!!! THAT IS NOT A CHRISTIAN BOOK AND I'M NOT SUGGESTING YOU READ IT!!!! Are there other "clues" as to how much a man is willing to go through for the thing he loves?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
What should I do.....??
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 01:34 PM

Storm country, I'm glad your issue was resolved!!!!! It is one of the worst feelings to have problems arise from the church. My heart really goes out to you. I think you did the right thing. I'm just me. I also think that your heart was in the right place, when you put something like that up for public discussion. I think any issues of you being saved become moot for the simple fact that, if you were not saved, you would not be having this type of problem. Enjoy your worship!!!!

Page : 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21