Author Thread
skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
What is with favorites?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 07:17 PM

I use it to quickly find the people I talk to often. It has nothing to do with romantic interests, especially as there are a couple guys in my favorites section. The contacts list is just too huge, and includes everyone you've ever spoken to. I use it kind of like a bookmark. I liked the second grade comment though:ROFL: skinny

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
lost weight
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 07:12 PM

And God'slamb-thank you, I think you understood best what I was trying to get across. Through your posts, you seem very self-assured, and well grounded. Do you personally have any suggestions? I'm with you on "scale it back" how do I do that specifically?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
lost weight
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 07:09 PM

Thank you all very much, and please keep it coming. Just to clarify a few things for everyone-Yes the conversation we had clarified everything. There are no romantic feelings between us, otherwise, I wouldn't be on this site.:glow: It was her that asked "ya know-say I did hit my goal-what do ya think the chances are you'd take me on a REAL date? I'll even split the cost with you but I want a limo, flowers, maybe a play, or high class something or other, we go fifty-fifty. Deal?" (And yes, that is ver batim) I said "Deal" and we both agreed on it. A little background I should've given earlier and apologize for: When this had happened, I was actually dating a friend of hers that she set me up with, and my girlfriend was ok with, and actually supportive of the idea, wanting to take my friend dress shopping, and to pick out a play, as well as offering her substantial photography skills for the event. I thought about making this a group thing, and brought the idea up, but was shot down "because what if I freak out, and don't feel right all dressed up in some hoity-toity restaurant, and just want to disappear for a while."

You see THIS is why I'm so happy to have all your opinions on this subject!!!! Thank you all so much!!!! During the time she was on her diet, I was wrestling with my own demons, and we'd done some math, and figured we'd each come out of our respective battles around the same time. I was able to succeed with mine, and I know that's always in the back of her mind. I really like all the scale it down suggestions-so ladies, any suggestions how to do that? Specific ideas?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Harry Potter vs. Narnia...
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 03:38 PM

Read Narnia, awesome story/stories, yes, all of them. Saw one Harry Potter movie, never read any books. It seems like the next generation's fantasy novel to me. I'm not a parent, and unless stated as a "Christian" work by the author/director, I never try to draw parallels.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Sacrifice
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 02:45 PM

Ever watched a welder work? Sometimes God's fire is just like that torch. It cuts away all the bad, all the rust, all the deformity, the rough edges. That can be a truly painful experience. But after a while, it gets easier, and just like steel, you'll be "dipped in fire, pounded out, and reformed." If you lived outside of God's grace, yeah you're gonna lose a lot. This will sound cold I know: but when I see my friends in the afterlife, and they go one way, and I go the other, they won't be able to say I never told them. (about God) I know how cold that sounds, but it's the reality of the situation. And yes, the welder's torch is extremely painful. But you're better off for having gone through it all

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
My best friend broke my heart
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 02:38 PM

Ouch girl, I'll be praying for ya. For what it's worth-you made the right choice

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
When did attraction become an issue?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 02:10 PM

I won't for one second deny that I don't have an immediate response when I see a pretty girl. Human nature. But my "attraction" to someone gets more or less intense the better I get to know them.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
lost weight
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 01:55 PM

Dear ladies: My best friend has had weight trouble her whole life. Last year she went on a new diet attempting to lose 80 lbs. She has never been on a "real date." Not even proms. (Her and I mutually have no feelings more than friendship for each other, yes, it's been discussed.)I promised her that if she made her goal, I'd personally take her on a date. She lost 50 lbs!!!!!!! and only gained back ten. She has since quit the diet, and hasn't been gaining the weight back!!! I know her well enough to know she'll probably never get back on the diet, and she's halfway there. My question is two-fold: 1. Should I still take her out on the date? 2. If I do, should I still go "all out"? (Limo, broadway play, five-star dinner, flowers, etc)? You've all been amazingly helpful and honest in my previous posts, and I'm really coming to value the wealth of Christian women's opinions that I have access to via this site, so please help me out here. Many thanks, skinny

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Interesting, to Say the Least...
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 01:07 PM

Yeah dude, someone like that hit me up too. Out of the blue she I.M.s me, and then asks if we can talk. I offer skype, she says she has no access to that. Then she hits me with this number, and you have to call it, then enter in a six digit code, and you can talk with whoever else is in the "room" Well, I'm a sucker for a sob story, and I did it. So far nothing seems out of the ordinary with my computer, phone bill, credit cards, etc. But yeah someone hit me up like that too. The difference is, I actually had a decent conversation with a stranger who sounded pretty much like her profile described her. Age, nationality, etc. I think I got lucky, and won't be doing it again. You my friend seem to have found a genuine psychopath!!! Best of luck!!!!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Old Posts CDFF
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 12:48 PM

Hey girl, you've always got something good to say. Thank YOU too

Page : 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21